• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Woods forwards all over pirates in general play. Any suggestion that a pirate forward would make a colts team of the year is absurd. Done like dinners, just as I predicted. The worst coached side in colts

Sounds a bit like a gripe you may have with their coach, otherwise it wouldn't warrent saying. (I have no idea who their coach is by the way). Plenty of teams came behind them on the table.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Sounds a bit like a gripe you may have with their coach, otherwise it wouldn't warrent saying. (I have no idea who their coach is by the way). Plenty of teams came behind them on the table.

Agree..........perhaps Bradley is a reserve grader at Pirates...or the relative of one. For mine, Lolohea would be a walk up in any colts team of the year.

The Woodies have been coasting for 4 weeks, bringing players back from injury, making sure their squad is fit and prepared heading into semi's. They'll take some beating....and I'm not convinced that Manly or Uni are specials against them. Its gonna be great to watch

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Have also heard complaints about the level of coaching in Wests colts 1. Some disgruntled players - may be some movements in the off season!

K

Keithy

Agree..........perhaps Bradley is a reserve grader at Pirates...or the relative of one. For mine, Lolohea would be a walk up in any colts team of the year.

The Woodies have been coasting for 4 weeks, bringing players back from injury, making sure their squad is fit and prepared heading into semi's. They'll take some beating....and I'm not convinced that Manly or Uni are specials against them. Its gonna be great to watch

I agree Slash that Eastwood can give Manly a run and I think the winner could upset Uni. Uni only scrapped home against both sides in the 2nd round. Before Uni get that far they may have to overcome Easts, who have beaten Uni twice.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Randwick 24- Easts 22. Dour struggle. Easts missed a conversion in front at end to equalise. Dont think Randwick will seriously challenge Sydney Uni.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Have also heard complaints about the level of coaching in Wests colts 1. Some disgruntled players - may be some movements in the off season!
Have also heard they have an impressive line up of coaches for colts & grade recruited for next season.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Randwick 24- Easts 22. Dour struggle. Easts missed a conversion in front at end to equalise. Dont think Randwick will seriously challenge Sydney Uni.

Very disappointing spectacle. Easts scored 4 tries to 2 but couldnt convert. Randwick put pressure on the breakdown and always looked to pilfer but Easts still made yards up the middle. Easts threw it around wildly rather than driving up the guts. Some of their big ball runners weren't seen in the tight stuff. Randwick's backs are good. Wakim played very well. Clifton and Porter were Easts best backs. Uni will smash them I fear.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Very disappointing spectacle. Easts scored 4 tries to 2 but couldnt convert. Randwick put pressure on the breakdown and always looked to pilfer but Easts still made yards up the middle. Easts threw it around wildly rather than driving up the guts. Some of their big ball runners weren't seen in the tight stuff. Randwick's backs are good. Wakim played very well. Clifton and Porter were Easts best backs. Uni will smash them I fear.

I think your forecast is right - Uni are specials.
Easts big ball runners didnt get given any latitude.
Wicks can play better - they will need to.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Have also heard they have an impressive line up of coaches for colts & grade recruited for next season.

Well from a grade perspective, Andrew Cox wont be there next year. John Lomax has appointed himself first grade coach. Will be interesting to see who Colts coaches are you speak of.

K

Keithy

Kevin Thomas and Dave Treweek will be 2 of them. Treweek wants to go to grade.

U

Upright

Missed Saturdays game however looks like the 'Woods are hitting their stride at the right time.
Yesterdays game was very disappointing. I don't think either side showed enough to worry Uni and it will take an amazing turn around for Randwick to progress. Will have at look at Manly v Woods next weekend but don't think i will bother watching Uni v Wicks.

H

HGH

Clearly Easts would have troubled Uni if they had got through!!!! They have beaten twice already!!!!! Thats why every student was going for Randwick!!!!

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Clearly Easts would have troubled Uni if they had got through!!!! They have beaten twice already!!!!! Thats why every student was going for Randwick!!!!

Easts beat Uni twice, Randwick beat Easts twice- surely schoolboy logic says Randwick must beat Uni -
....ha ha we wish....

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Why does Easts game plan work against Uni and go nowhere against Randwick? And Waringah in the second round?

Status
Not open for further replies.