• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
How are the norths 1st colts looking this year? Heard they have recruited quite well.
Not sure about recruited. I think they have a large number of players from last season. They have a 10 and 15 that are quality( I think), which helps. They lost a close one to Eastwood and drew with wicks. Souths will be a bigger test this week.

Sadler

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure about recruited. I think they have a large number of players from last season. They have a 10 and 15 that are quality( I think), which helps. They lost a close one to Eastwood and drew with wicks. Souths will be a bigger test this week.

Is the 10 a previous shore boy by the name of Clancy?

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Thats the one. He was 1st XV at Shore and made NSW if I am correct? how is he going this year
He had been playing in 2's and coming on second half for 1's. He is a good player, I believe he's playing 1'd this week ( he will find out tonight), and I think this will greatly help 1's.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Clancy boys played several years with the Mosman Whales junior rugby club in their younger days at Shore IIRC.

The Whales are a Northern Suburbs district club, so in many respects, they weren't "recruited" there as Colts, they just jumped back on the Norths junior development conveyor belt.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Barker and Shore first XVs top play a trial on Norths number one before at midday. More SS clubs need to do this. Imagine Oakhill and Kings playing a trial at death valley? Or St Gregs playing at a Emus home game..

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
I agree with you @crashy. Shute Shield clubs need to connect more with schools within their respective catchments. This is a great move by Norths.

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
Tips for Round 3:

Sydney University v West Harbour - Big win for Uni
Easterns Suburbs v Manly - Easts to cause an upset in a tight one
Parramatta v Warringah - Big win for Parra
Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs - Southern to win a tight one
Randwick v Gordon - Big win for Wicks
Eastwood v Penrith - Big win for Woodies

All home teams to win. Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs match of the round.

Easts to cause the upset of the round.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tips for Round 3:

Two very big calls! Manly were uber impressive against the Two Blues last week and I suspect they have plenty of upside still.

I expect/hope Parra will beat Warringah but we rarely beat them by much and I respect the firepower they have in the backs. I think we might see another highscoring Two Blues v Rats match in the vein that we have become used to seeing over the past few seasons. Should be a cracker.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Two very big calls! Manly were uber impressive against the Two Blues last week and I suspect they have plenty of upside still.

I expect/hope Parra will beat Warringah but we rarely beat them by much and I respect the firepower they have in the backs. I think we might see another highscoring Two Blues v Rats match in the vein that we have become used to seeing over the past few seasons. Should be a cracker.
Oops, I realise, now, that this is the Colts thread! Mea culpa and I take it all back. I'll slink off back to the Shute Shield thread where I have a vague idea what is happening, although some would argue that "vague idea" is an overstatement.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Tips for Round 3:

All home teams to win. Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs match of the round.

Tips for Round 3:

Manly are a big forward pack with some ability and from what i saw of Easts in the trials they were not big so i am not sure Easts have the power to hold the Manly pack.
Warringah got a real touch up v Souths and if warringah can get there outside backs some good ball they could be a chance but i still think twoblues by 30
I think Gordon could be the smokey this round with Randwicks Ned Hanigan playing grade. Still think Randwick by 12
I am not sure if Wests have the X factor to beat Uni and there well drilled defence so Uni by 20
Souths still down 3 of there main 1st graders but some good replacements will step up and Souths by 10.

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
time was a second row did not belong in first grade unless 24 or 5.
now one u20 in wicks and one u20 in Brumbies.

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
Manly are a big forward pack with some ability and from what i saw of Easts in the trials they were not big so i am not sure Easts have the power to hold the Manly pack.
Warringah got a real touch up v Souths and if warringah can get there outside backs some good ball they could be a chance but i still think twoblues by 30
I think Gordon could be the smokey this round with Randwicks Ned Hanigan playing grade. Still think Randwick by 12
I am not sure if Wests have the X factor to beat Uni and there well drilled defence so Uni by 20
Souths still down 3 of there main 1st graders but some good replacements will step up and Souths by 10.

I agree Manly have a big pack. Easts aren't huge but tough it will be a good battle at the breakdown.

Souths look to have great depth. Which schools did majority of Souths players come from? I'm presuming Endeavour to be one?

Status
Not open for further replies.