• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gibbon Nudgee, Young Nudgee, Pennissi Joeys and Lubrano Woolongbar North Coast all oringnal from the Far North Coast and played FNC Junior Rep and NSW Country together before going to GPS schools for their final years and Lubrano played a lot of country level

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
Gibbon Nudgee, Young Nudgee, Pennissi Joeys and Lubrano Woolongbar North Coast all oringnal from the Far North Coast and played FNC Junior Rep and NSW Country together before going to GPS schools for their final years and Lubrano played a lot of country level

Thanks @Schoolofhardknocks. What connection does Southern Districts have with the Far North Coast?

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
Kane Douglas (Yamba Buccaneers Junior), Jed Holloway (Yamba Buccaneers Junior), Alex Gibbon (Wollongbar/Alstonville Junior).
Southern District Rugby seems to becoming a feeder team for young talented Far North Coast Rugby/Country players, on their next pathway to play colts in the big smoke and pursue University and work opportunity's one hopes.
As there is plenty of young talented players in the country that wish to follow in Douglas's talented footsteps.

stem

Stan Wickham (3)
Rocco you are clairvoyant.
Easts firsts colts 15 defeated Manly firsts colts 12.
Rough tough in your face Easts attitude and defensive commitment took on the much larger and heavier Manly pack and maintained some precious possession.
Two tries a side and only a penalty goal in it.
The UPSET of the round !!!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 3 Results
Colts 1
Sydney University 60 West Harbour 17
Eastern Suburbs 15 Manly 12
Parramatta 19 Warringah 25
Southern Districts 34 Northern Suburbs 12
Randwick 36 Gordon 15
Eastwood 33 Penrith 5

Colts 2
Sydney University 18 West Harbour 10
Eastern Suburbs 15 Manly 28
Parramatta 5 Warringah 20
Southern Districts 17 Northern Suburbs 19
Randwick 29 Gordon 3
Eastwood 73 Penrith 0

Colts 3
Sydney University 55 West Harbour 0
Eastern Suburbs 14 Manly 22
Parramatta 7 Warringah 13
Southern Districts 12 Northern Suburbs 21
Randwick v The Bye
Eastwood v The Bye

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Round 3: Penrith Colts vs Eastwood.

After a promising display against Wests the Emus bus left Uncle Bucks Mt Druitt for T.G. Millner.

Colts II were willing but never really in the contest and eventually went down 73 - 0. Too much rugby experience from the Eastwood boys and the depth in the Eastwood Colts squad was clearly evident from the 30+ extra fellas sitting in the grandstand.

In colts I the Penrith lads hit the ground running and really got stuck into there more favored opponents in the wet conditions. Looking & playing excellent in their brand new kit the score at half time was only 14 - 5.

When the fulltime bell sounded the score was 26 - 5 before Eastwood went in for a try after the bell to make the final score 33 - 5.

Given that Eastwood got a couple of opportunistic tries this was a very good performance from Penrith Colts I who easily could have gone in for 1 or 2 more tries except for excellent defence from the woods.

Next week .... Randwick at Emu Park.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Southern Districts certainly sent out a warning to opposition teams that a game at Forshaw is not going to be pleasant
Norths kicked off long and deep and Souths ran 80 metres to score and the game was basically over.
Norths playing style of playing safety first rugby until they get into the opposition 22 then start playing rugby didn't work against a very committed and damaging southern Defence.
Souths played some good rugby with there winger Teki scoring 2 very good tries and some excellent goal kicking in very windy conditions.
Norths certainly have some talent and some big ball running back rowers but they don't come into the game enough.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
The thing I like about rugby is that it reveals character – of players, coaches and clubs. On saturday I watched Penrith colts play Eastwood and unfortunately the lack of character of the Penrith Club, its players, coaches and supporters was plain to see.

Four or five yellow cards in second grade colts, an all in brawl for a number of minutes started and continued by Penrith despite the efforts of the ref, (the Penrith water boy) and others. Cheap shots everywhere and no idea of the laws of rugby – to the point where the ref pretty much gave up penalising them. First grade was a little bit better but then came the cheap shots again – at least 2 yellow cards including one that should have been a red and 10 weeks on the sideline. The idiot half from 2s colts, who started the brawl in that game then came on to first grade and was sent off for a blatant shoulder charge. The coach or assistant coach of Penrith colts also walked 50 metres to have an altercation with an Eastwood Parent.

TO top off the day – four players from Eastwood first grade grade playing at Nepean Park had their cars “keyed”. Well done Penrith your character has been revealed.

The western Sydney experiment has failed. It is time that Penrith were kicked out of the competition. They offer nothing but thuggery.

Good luck to the teams still to play them and hopefully the hierarchy at Penrith do something about the disgraceful behaviour of the players, coaches and supporters.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
If you watched last night's Tahs v Force game, you have an idea of the Gordon v Wicks first colts game yesterday. Tahs looked good all night, and you were just waiting for them to put on a couple of tries for the win.

Like the Tahs, the Stags were looking good for the majority of the game, and even took a kick at penalty just before the end to get them within a converted try. But things went pear shaped when a player was "double-yellowed" so given a red. No way to hold out a very good Wicks side from there. Don't take too much notice of the 36-15 scoreline, this game was much closer than that.

The Wicks were lucky to continue with a full complement after their captain was called out 5 or 6 times for a "sever talking to" by the headmaster . . . but no action taken.

In the seconds the scoreline at half time was also within 7 or 8 points. It was just little things that let the Stags down. The scoreline of 29-3 was again flattering to the Wicks, with only two of their tries being from good play - the others were from Stag errors.

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
Reply to Rob.

Time for someone from HQ to go out and have a look.
This is the second time this year at this club.
Parra had some colts issues a few years ago and fixed them in an admirable no nonsense way.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Reply to Rob.

Time for someone from HQ to go out and have a look.
This is the second time this year at this club.
Parra had some colts issues a few years ago and fixed them in an admirable no nonsense way.
I have watched Penrith twice this season, both Colts and Grade. Someone needs to explain that you don't get bonus points for receiving yellow and red cards.
They clearly need to change the culture there, but I note that from the players point of view it is easy to think, "we may not be able to beat them, but we can bash them." I don't offer this as an excuse, but perhaps a reason.
Further, I note on the Shute Shield thread that my beloved Uni are said to have indulged in foul play. What is their excuse?
Lastly, I know that GandGR member @Cattledog is working like Blue Heeler to get the Colts going at Penrith. I am certain that there are others working with him. Heads up boys! Please keep at it for the sake of those young men in your charge if for no other reason.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There needs to be zero tolerance.
How many Penrith Colts games went the distance last year?
Poor player behaviour from this club needs to be addressed,it is simply not good enough to continue to appoint 2nd grade colts refs for these games.
More experienced refs,that set a standard early,is what is required to stamp out this appalling behaviour.
If upholding minimum standards,results in a handful of players being rubbed out,and their 2nd grade folds as a result,so be it.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Southern Districts certainly sent out a warning to opposition teams that a game at Forshaw is not going to be pleasant
Norths kicked off long and deep and Souths ran 80 metres to score and the game was basically over.
Norths playing style of playing safety first rugby until they get into the opposition 22 then start playing rugby didn't work against a very committed and damaging southern Defence.
Souths played some good rugby with there winger Teki scoring 2 very good tries and some excellent goal kicking in very windy conditions.
Norths certainly have some talent and some big ball running back rowers but they don't come into the game enough.
Watched that game t&f. The colts 2's I thought was a great game to watch, and showed both will be in the finals mix if they continue their playing styles. Your thoughts?

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
If you watched last night's Tahs v Force game, you have an idea of the Gordon v Wicks first colts game yesterday. Tahs looked good all night, and you were just waiting for them to put on a couple of tries for the win.

Like the Tahs, the Stags were looking good for the majority of the game, and even took a kick at penalty just before the end to get them within a converted try. But things went pear shaped when a player was "double-yellowed" so given a red. No way to hold out a very good Wicks side from there. Don't take too much notice of the 36-15 scoreline, this game was much closer than that.

The Wicks were lucky to continue with a full complement after their captain was called out 5 or 6 times for a "sever talking to" by the headmaster . but no action taken.

In the seconds the scoreline at half time was also within 7 or 8 points. It was just little things that let the Stags down. The scoreline of 29-3 was again flattering to the Wicks, with only two of their tries being from good play - the others were from Stag errors.
Boy! Can I have your glasses? Definitely Rose coloured there @TheButts.
The game was not good but to insinuate that Gordon were ever in it was more than far fetched. The double yellow card will not stop that player spending the best part of the year in casual shoes at the game. Vicious, High and the culprit hung on to the randwick player for maximum effect. 8, 9, maybe 10 tight heads showed that Gordon were on the back foot the entire time. Randwick were not good except for maybe 3 players, but the ref was out of his depth even at this level. His inability to control rucks from the beginning seemed to get every player pissed off. It seemed that just randwick voiced their opinions. IMHO the score was a fair reflection of the game

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Boy! Can I have your glasses? Definitely Rose coloured there @TheButts.
The game was not good but to insinuate that Gordon were ever in it was more than far fetched. The double yellow card will not stop that player spending the best part of the year in casual shoes at the game. Vicious, High and the culprit hung on to the randwick player for maximum effect. 8, 9, maybe 10 tight heads showed that Gordon were on the back foot the entire time. Randwick were not good except for maybe 3 players, but the ref was out of his depth even at this level. His inability to control rucks from the beginning seemed to get every player pissed off. It seemed that just randwick voiced their opinions. IMHO the score was a fair reflection of the game

Not too sure who has the glasses on, but the Gordon side would have been only 6 points behind if that penalty had gone over towards the end of the match.

Fair send off, but I hope the judiciary is more fair minded that you. I've got the pics, and first contact was across the shoulders and chest, arm grasping the opposite shoulder, no swinging involved. "Vicious" seems a bit over the top, although it did look "spectacular". Even the ref thought it only needed a yellow - it was only the double that sent him off for the match.

The Randwick pack was certainly terrific, and even "clear coloured glasses" would have to say that Gordon hanging in there after losing all those tight heads was a great effort.

Can you remember the scores at half time in both games??? Not too sure that "never in it" is a correct statement.

But . . . . Randwick won both games and rightly so. There were the better team on the day, and that's no insinuation.

ld2b

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not too sure who has the glasses on, but the Gordon side would have been only 6 points behind if that penalty had gone over towards the end of the match.

Fair send off, but I hope the judiciary is more fair minded that you. I've got the pics, and first contact was across the shoulders and chest, arm grasping the opposite shoulder, no swinging involved. "Vicious" seems a bit over the top, although it did look "spectacular". Even the ref thought it only needed a yellow - it was only the double that sent him off for the match.

The Randwick pack was certainly terrific, and even "clear coloured glasses" would have to say that Gordon hanging in there after losing all those tight heads was a great effort.

Can you remember the scores at half time in both games??? Not too sure that "never in it" is a correct statement.

But . . Randwick won both games and rightly so. There were the better team on the day, and that's no insinuation.
I'd venture to suggest that a reputed penalty count of 8-21 would not have helped the Randwick continuity much.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
@Cattledog? Any thoughts?

Thanks Couldabeen - Yes we had some yellow cards and one red. This will be sorted out at the judiciary and we will once again talk about discipline this week. As we all know the SRU have a judiciary procedures to deal with these matters.

Bring on Randwick!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Forget about the judiciary, it needs to be sorted from within.
Four or five yellows in 2's,and at least 2 yellows & a red in 1's is a disgrace,that reflects poorly on everyone associated with it.
If you can't field 2 teams with guys who will play in the correct spirit.
Then don't field two teams!
Having only one colts team that doesn't bring shame on you,is better than the rest of the comp lobbying to have your entire club removed from the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.