• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting point with Matthew TEKI, Souths, 54 points (3T 15C 3PG) it will be great to see him back for Southern as Mathew only played to round 3 as he has been out injured since and still gets a mention on the points table after round 7

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Write up on the rugby news Facebook about the Penrith v Easts game, thought it would have been posted on gagr first.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perhaps TKS could be worried that they didn't get their ARU signoff on underage players playing senior rugby perhaps? If a boy was injured, TKS insurances could be voided if it was shown that they acted in breach of the safety procedures of the National Body.

Colts2 is considered to be Senior Rugby, and Under 18 year olds have to be cleared by Level 2 coaches, and approved by ARU for the Front rowers.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Write up on the rugby news Facebook about the Penrith v Easts game, thought it would have been posted on gagr first.

Thanks Dave see below. Lots of comments on the Penrith Facebook page too from across the Sydney Rugby Community...

My name is Pauli and I am the Director of Colts and 1sts Colts Head Coach at Easts.

I just wanted to write to you and thank you for Saturday. I explained to my lads after the game that the way your team behaved and celebrated after their day was very humbling and brought us all back down to the simple fact that, we are first and foremost playing this game because we enjoy it. This is a fact lost on successful teams when things aren’t going right. I spoke more about your team and your positive be behaviour than I did of our performance.

I walked onto the field at about 20 minutes into the first half and asked the ref what the protocol was if I was to call the game off as many of your players were understandably going down injured and starting to cramp up. While I was talking to the ref one of your colts players said to the rest to keep going and just have fun and this was responded with encouragement. 5-10 minutes later you scored a try against a team who were fresh. I think this competition needs Penrith more than Penrith needs the competition.

So I thank you for being so humble and playing your boys and for the boys willing to come out and play in the spirit that they did. To the coaches – the way you kept pushing your team to do better at each break was great leadership. Even though things were hard from the beginning, there was still a purpose to be better. I really hope the bus trip back was one of the best.

Finally, the scene at the end of the 2nd Colts fixture where your boys, after winning, initiated a prayer with both teams linked was one that I absolutely loved. As a believer and follower myself, I was very proud of how your boys were so humble in victory. Once again I thank you very much for your sportsmanship and for being great people.

Pauli

Penrith Colts Training is now Mondays & Wednesday at Mittigar reserve - Rooty Hill and Tuesdays & Thursdays at Nepean Rugby Park. Our coaches are now running extra sessions to recruit more players from the heart of Mt Druitt / St Mary's.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Are there any reports on G&GR about the inter-collegiate games at Sydney Uni on Monday? St Johns 35 vs. St Andrews 34 sounded like a good one! St Pauls 54 vs. Wesley 17. Many Colts luminaries taking part?
Thanks, Wreckless

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are there any reports on G&GR about the inter-collegiate games at Sydney Uni on Monday? St Johns 35 vs. St Andrews 34 sounded like a good one! St Pauls 54 vs. Wesley 17. Many Colts luminaries taking part?
Thanks, Wreckless

Now my son is no Maths genius but he reckons St Andrews won by a point .
According to St Andrews, their side was depleted by injury! Jim Stewart and Henry Clunies-Ross were out but still plenty of capable players available.
Perhaps the scorer was drunk so we may have a disputed result in the Rawson Cup!

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
imagine if "they" aka the likes of Kellaway etc stayed in the Gordon mix and played Colts for em!……ahh well off to better and bigger things now I suppose.

U16 State Championship Winners

Only 2 from this photo still play in Colts for Gordon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 12.00.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 12.00.40 AM.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 301
Status
Not open for further replies.