• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Interesting article on the Southern Districts colts facebook page about there Colts Academy plus the names of there players in the NSW 20s trialing squad.
Look like Souths are well organised.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I know you're grinding an axe DT but the baz wrote

Test it this way: what club even partially in its right mind would make a promise to more than half a team?
One that's desperate to recruit players who otherwise may be reluctant to go there,because,for example,
of the clubs recent poor performances, it's inability to attract even it's own juniors, & the long distance
that the recruited players would have to travel perhaps?
I agree that it would never happen in the real world.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
One that's desperate to recruit players who otherwise may be reluctant to go there,because,for example,
of the clubs recent poor performances, it's inability to attract even it's own juniors, & the long distance
that the recruited players would have to travel perhaps?
I agree that it would never happen in the real world.

You identified all the reasons why I said "even partially in its right mind"
;)

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Penrith Colts Training commences on Tuesday the 25th of November at Mittigar Reserve - Hassell Grove at 6pm under the watchful eye of new colts coordinator John Lomax.

Our pre season training venue at Mittigar reserve is extremely convenient to the M7 and ideally located for players from the St Mary's - Mt Druitt, The Hills, Blacktown , Penrith, Campbelltown, & the Hawkesbury to have access premier colts rugby.

For more info - find us on Facebook.....

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Gordon Colts have their first Field training session at Shore playing fields... 5.15 - 7pm this arvo. They've been in the Gym for a few weeks already at North Shore Gym, Pymble.

Bust The Line

Bob McCowan (2)
Gordon Colts have their first Field training session at Shore playing fields. 5.15 - 7pm this arvo. They've been in the Gym for a few weeks already at North Shore Gym, Pymble.

I hear that Gordon have been actively recruiting players. Any confirmed signings?

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any contacts from West Harbour Colts here? Emailed them, but no reply. After colts registration/training details, have a few league boys who want to switch to union.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any contacts from West Harbour Colts here? Emailed them, but no reply. After colts registration/training details, have a few league boys who want to switch to union.

I've sent you some contact numbers by "Conversation".

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No it won't be strong,the best kids will be playing for their Schools or if they are in the Club system higher grade colts.
But my understanding was this comp was more about participation than anything.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
No it won't be strong,the best kids will be playing for their Schools or if they are in the Club system higher grade colts.
But my understanding was this comp was more about participation than anything.
I think the 18s will be a good comp, going from what i have heard the souths management are very excited about there 18s and have put a number of the players into there Colts Academy and believe they have enough talent in there older age squad that they dont have to play anyone up unless they deserve to be there.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You are debating against yourself.
If Souths will play their better U18's in their older squads if they are good enough.
It weakens their 18's team dramatically, and the comp if one assumes all other clubs have a similar mindset.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
You are debating against yourself.
If Souths will play their better U18's in their older squads if they are good enough.
It weakens their 18's team dramatically, and the comp if one assumes all other clubs have a similar mindset.
Dont the odd 1st colts age player play higher grade rugby
The colts games i saw last year were very good games. Not sure the odd player out of the 18s is going to weaken the comp too much. Lets see how it goes then judge it.

Magilla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just to nip this in the bud. I've spoken to Colts head coach David Telfer and his response was blunt. "at no stage has there been any promise of a guaranteed spot and I assume this would be the case for any club. The reason these players are coming to Gordon is to get exposed to a good rugby program."

As a parent of one of the boys mentioned going to Gordon, I can confirm that no promises have been made, we were told that you will play were your performances dictate - as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.