• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I suspect there may be a fair bit of weather initiated disruption to the Colts games schedule this weekend with a few more than just the Wicks v Pirates matches moved around.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Manly Council closed all grounds in their area yesterday lunchtime for the whole weekend.
Which is surprising,Rat park was under water on Thursday night & fine today.
Keirle park in particular drains while you are watching it.
im certain Keirle Park was in better nick today,when compared to other days when they have played on it.
But what can they do?
Bureaucrats!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 13 Results

W. McMahon Memorial Shield - Colts 1
Sydney University 10 Eastern Suburbs 18
Manly 10 Eastwood 25 - Postponed and played on 23 June
Northern Suburbs 28 The Bye 0
Gordon 50 Warringah 5 - Postponed and played on 25 June
Randwick 62 West Harbour 19 - Postponed and played on 23 June
Southern Districts 10 Parramatta 34

Shell Trophy - Colts 2
Sydney University 43 Eastern Suburbs 13
Manly 51 Eastwood 7 - Postponed and played on 23 June
Northern Suburbs 27 Penrith 10
Gordon 36 Warringah 7- Postponed and played on 25 June
Randwick 57 West Harbour 15 - Postponed and played on 23 June
Southern Districts 32 Parramatta 0

Bill Simpson Shield - Colts 3
Sydney University 28 Eastern Suburbs 0
Manly 18 Eastwood 3 - Postponed and played on 24 June
Northern Suburbs 27 Penrith 12
Gordon 0 Warringah 8- Postponed and played on 25 June
Randwick 42 West Harbour 7 - Postponed and played on 23 June
Southern Districts 38 Parramatta 17

Round 14 Games - 27 June
Penrith v Eastwood (Bye in Colts 1)
Eastern Suburbs v Manly
Gordon v Northern Suburbs
Parramatta v Randwick
Warringah v Southern Districts
West Harbour v Sydney University

Edit: Results from postponed games played on 23 June, 24 June and 25 June added.

dropkick

Frank Row (1)
Can I just point something out here has anyone actually confirmed that SUFC have done anything to affect this situation?

If they are part of the Elite Athlete Program it's a part of the program that Sydney University offer every year of which they agree to assist not knowing that potentially three or four months later when exams are decided they may need to help arrange the re scheduling of some members exams.

Other university's have exactly the same program's and could have exactly the same implications for students who aren't apart of the program Sydney Uni have.
The difference is that Sydney university only allow changing exams if the applicant is playing for Sydney university. I know a player who when playing for Syd uni had exams changed but when changed clubs he didn't.
Sydney university do not belong the the group of elite athlete friendly universities ( google it) that unsw and UTS do. Hence they only give ATAR points to those students who will play for their clubs.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beasts 18 uni 10. Great game

For the life of me, I can not tip the Beasties this year. If I tip them to lose, they win and vice versa. About the only success I have had was their Bye round!

Always one to look for a silver lining, to turn this negative performance into a positive for me, I now know how the Beasties can win the Premiership. For the supporters of the Beasties, I am open to all forms of Obeidism, and if enough Beastie Supporters deposit the required sums of money in my account, I will keep tipping against the Beasties and predicting that they will get thrashed. There seems to be no surer way for them to get up than to be on the wrong side of Hugh's tips.:)

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Watched Penrith v norths at wakehurst, and gotta say, super impressed with Penrith. They played with structure, control, and were only beaten by small handling errors and fitness. Far better than last time I saw them play, and they played with great spirit. For all the initial hardache they have copped, they should be very proud.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
yes. most of it anyway. I thought country had some very talented players, but lacked a little cohesion. The Sydney side just had better individual players, with Nohra from woods far too quick for anyone to catch. The poor weather did not help the flow of the game, but it was a good crowd I thought. Seemed to be a good range of players from most clubs which was goog to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.