• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Loose head prop
SHERRIFF, Rhys
Hooker
STEWART, Max
Tight head prop
MORRISON, Jack
Left lock
GRANGER, Charles
Right lock
ROBSON, Liam
Left flanker
ICELY, Michael
Right flanker
PEDEN, Robert
Number eight
MOORE, Alex
Scrum half
O'CONNOR, Thomas
Fly half
WITT, Jonte
Left Wing
HARRINGTON, Jacob
Left centre
MORAN, Connor
Right centre
PICONE, Barton
Right wing
DOLORES, Samuel
Full back
MILLAR, Rhys

S

sidelineview

Randwick's 9 yellow carded for late tackle
Norths score R 31-17

S

sidelineview

Randwick's 12 yellow carded repeated infringements
R 10 scored 38-17

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
According to Twitter Uni 78 Wests 0. And lower colts grades all went to Uni.

But Wests won 1st grade in a thriller, so Uni struggling a bit in big grade

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

RugbyMan101

Frank Row (1)
Was at the wicks vs norths game and it was a cracker!! Norths gave the wicks a run for their money, it was a great game too watch especially the second half with norths scoring some great tries. Norths should look to build from this game and the wicks were very good. Standouts for me for the wicks were 1,3,7,9,10 and 12 and for norths 7,8,9,10 and 13

S

sidelineview

Was at the wicks vs norths game and it was a cracker!! Norths gave the wicks a run for their money, it was a great game too watch especially the second half with norths scoring some great tries. Norths should look to build from this game and the wicks were very good. Standouts for me for the wicks were 1,3,7,9,10 and 12 and for norths 7,8,9,10 and 13

It was a good game. Randwick looked like they'd win easy but Norths fought back well. They won the second half 14-7.
The second half was a bit scrappy but it was a hard fought battle and there were some tired bodies from both teams.
Some of the defence from both teams was outstanding.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Gordon had the lion's share of possession and attacking opportunities for the first 15-20 minutes at Keirle Park today. As with most competitive matches there are ebbs and flows in opportunity. Gordon missed the flood when they took for a scrum option 5m out from Manly's line. Failing to come away from this period with any points weighed heavily as Manly worked their way back out of the red zone down the field over the next 5 minutes to provide themselves a similar opportunity to open the scoring. Manly scored three unconverted tries before 1/2 time to lead 15-0 at the break. two to a rampaging No8 and the middle to the fast finishing 11.
Gordon started the second period with the same vigour as they did the 1st and before the fifth minute of this semester managed to breach the Manly defence to score their maiden try for the match. Though, not for the want of asking, this was the only time Manly's virtue was stained.
Manly scored their bonus point try with about 10 minutes remaining in the match with a tram track run that saw the ball moved quickly through 4-5 sets of hands to exhaust the Gordon defence and leave the winger with an unimpeded 25m run to the line. It was nice to see man to man passing committing a defender before moving the ball to the next support rather than getting sucked into a cut out pass that would allow the defence easily slide across in cover. The kickers were off today as none of the five tries scored by these teams were converted.
Final score Manly 20 Gordon 5

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gordon had the lion's share of possession and attacking opportunities for the first 15-20 minutes at Keirle Park today. As with most competitive matches there are ebbs and flows in opportunity. Gordon missed the flood when they took for a scrum option 5m out from Manly's line. Failing to come away from this period with no points weighed heavily as Manly worked their way back out of the red zone down the field over the next 5 minutes to provide themselves a similar opportunity to open the scoring. Manly scored three unconverted tries before 1/2 time to lead 15-0 at the break. two to a rampaging No8 and the middle to the fast finishing 11.
Gordon started the second period with the same vigour as they did the 1st and before the fifth minute of this semester managed to breach the Manly defence to score their maiden try for the match. Though, not for the want of asking, this was the only time Manly's virtue was stained.
Manly scored their bonus point try with about 10 minutes remaining in the match with a tram track run that saw the ball moved quickly through 4-5 sets of hands to exhaust the Gordon defence and leave the winger with an unimpeded 25m run to the line. It was nice to see man to man passing committing a defender before moving the ball to the next support rather than getting sucked into a cut out pass that would allow the defence easily slide across in cover. The kickers were off today as none of the five tries scored by these teams were converted.
Final score Manly 20 Gordon 5
Nice write up WR (World Rugby).

Please give us your best players for both teams.

Manly playing some good football by sounds if things.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Sorry I struggle with individuals....
Gordon's line-out was strong today, I feel they had the height advantage and the throws pretty spot on. Their centres caused a fair bit of trouble and were willing to hit the breakdown with the vigour of a back rower

For Manly the back three can always liven things up, today they were more willing to attack kicks from Gordon, found space and shut down a couple of Highlander raids that could easily have come away with some booty. Similarly the Manly scrum has provided a platform that help rescue the team from dour situations and again today was a direct contributor to the scoring.

tooldtoplay007

Frank Row (1)
I made my way down too latham park, especially to see the battle of the flyhalves as it was meant to be Connor Size (Norths) and Nick Wilkinson (Wicks) with Connor in the NSW u19s and Nick playing in the u20s so I was eager to see the match up! Unfortunately Nick did not take the field but the battle at 10 between Connor and Patrick Pelligrini was very good both having strong performances, Connor has a massive boot elevating stress from norths and Patrick has a accurate kick pinning norths in own half. Also the battle at scrumhalf was a very good one with the NSW u19s half Tyzac Jordan putting in a strong performance although getting a yellow card he ran well strolling over for a try from a scrum. But the Norths Half Ben Harding really performed well providing great service and great defensive work he gave Tyzac a run for his money both srumhalves very equally matched in my opinon.

S

sidelineview

I made my way down too latham park, especially to see the battle of the flyhalves as it was meant to be Connor Size (Norths) and Nick Wilkinson (Wicks) with Connor in the NSW u19s and Nick playing in the u20s so I was eager to see the match up! Unfortunately Nick did not take the field but the battle at 10 between Connor and Patrick Pelligrini was very good both having strong performances, Connor has a massive boot elevating stress from norths and Patrick has a accurate kick pinning norths in own half. Also the battle at scrumhalf was a very good one with the NSW u19s half Tyzac Jordan putting in a strong performance although getting a yellow card he ran well strolling over for a try from a scrum. But the Norths Half Ben Harding really performed well providing great service and great defensive work he gave Tyzac a run for his money both srumhalves very equally matched in my opinon.

I agree the 9-10 combinations from both teams played well, although they play different styles of game.
The Norths scrum half Harding has a very nice pass and the number 10 Size has a huge boot on him.
The Randwick pair Jordan & Pellegrini like to run the ball more.

Status
Not open for further replies.