• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boots

Frank Row (1)
In todays game, 3rd grade colts Randwick v Eastwood
NSW under 20's player Jackson Mohi was playing for Randwick.
I didn't think the guys were allowed to play 3rd grade
Is there any reason that this would be allowed

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Happy to see that I got this wrong. Well done Easts. Unbelievable that the investments Randwick made in drafting in an all star squad has resulted in one GF spot in Colts 3. That is not the ROI that was in the prospectus. Easts bought plenty in as well will be the defence but they seem to do it without the charmless arrogance. There will be plenty of explanations being sought.

Good luck in the GF. Hopefully you can make a whole city happy and roll the Corporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Happy to see that I got this wrong. Well done Easts. Unbelievable that the investments Randwick made in drafting in an all star squad has resulted in one GF spot in Colts 3. That is not the ROI that was in the prospectus. Easts bought plenty in as well will be the defence but they seem to do it without the charmless arrogance. There will be plenty of explanations being sought.

Good luck in the GF. Hopefully you can make a whole city happy and roll the Corporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]What was the score,,?

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Uni only played East's once and that was way back in round 1. It was a close game then.

Should be a great final. East's well deserving of their place beating Randwick twice.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Was anyone at the game with a quick summary of where the game was won/lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sidelineview

Easts were too good. Their defence was excellent and they had better go forward than Randwick; and better ball control.
Randwick were often flat footed in the forwards and pushed passes that shouldn't have been thrown. They needed to carry the ball forward, control the ball and build pressure and be more patient.
2 yellow cards for Randwick didnt help but they were outplayed.

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
In todays game, 3rd grade colts Randwick v Eastwood
NSW under 20's player Jackson Mohi was playing for Randwick.
I didn't think the guys were allowed to play 3rd grade
Is there any reason that this would be allowed

Jackson was fine. There is no rule about NSW 20s players it's only Aus Schoolboys. The kid was hospitalised for 6 weeks and on an IV drip for another 6 and granted medical dispensation. I hope I've cleared this up for you.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Easts were too good. Their defence was excellent and they had better go forward than Randwick; and better ball control.
Randwick were often flat footed in the forwards and pushed passes that shouldn't have been thrown. They needed to carry the ball forward, control the ball and build pressure and be more patient.
2 yellow cards for Randwick didnt help but they were outplayed.
Do you know who scored trys?, who played well? Sounds like game was won in the forwards

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Woodies were smacked by Uni in 1st Colts 48-5! Easts beat Norths in 2nd Colts and Uni won 3rds

Uni 1sts smacked Woodies 48-5?
Yawn. As if Uni weren't going to stroll straight to the winner's podium at the GF.

Looking at Uni's stacked 2s team I'm going to predict the same there. I can imagine about 7 weeks ago them saying to the boys; come on, we've got the 1s sown up, who will play 2s (seeing as we've dozens of 4 and 6 point players) so we can sew that up to?
I just hope Easts can give it to them next weekend.

Otherwise the Corp will have sewn up almost the entire series.

No wonder the Wobs are struggling against the ABs if one Colts club is so dominant and the talent is not spread. The ABs players do not all come from one feeder Colts club in NZ.

Joe Public

Frank Row (1)
Disappointing way in which the 2nds Wicks Colts got stiffed yesterday. Blatant offside, hands in ruck, fumbled knock on, wasting time, running the clock down deciding whether to kick for 3 or a try...the list goes on. And, the referee picked none of this up. Has anyone totted up the points for the Uni team, I wonder? Also, in rugby, we tend to applaud the winning team, even if supporting the vanquished. Did not see that happening yesterday.....

S

sidelineview

Disappointing way in which the 2nds Wicks Colts got stiffed yesterday. Blatant offside, hands in ruck, fumbled knock on, wasting time, running the clock down deciding whether to kick for 3 or a try.the list goes on. And, the referee picked none of this up. Has anyone totted up the points for the Uni team, I wonder? Also, in rugby, we tend to applaud the winning team, even if supporting the vanquished. Did not see that happening yesterday...

All of that may be true but the Wicks had their opportunities to win over the entirety of the match but they came up short.

Status
Not open for further replies.