• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

That's harsh! The Wicks were winning right up to about 1.30 after full time!

But they didnt win. They gave a penalty away right at the end of the game when they had field position, which allowed Uni possession and they used it well to gain field position themselves and they scored off it.

I thought the Uni player knocked on from the tap kick from that penalty but the ref missed it, but the Wicks probably got away with some things themselves during the match.

Games are won and lost from the kick off to the full time bell and both 1sts and 2nds didnt play well in the first half.

With wisdom in hindsight, should Wicks have kicked a field goal towards the end of the game? it was a draw at the time and had it remained a draw they would have made the GF. Retaining possession and field position in Uni's red zone for as long as possible may have been the better option rather than gaining a 3 point buffer and allowing Uni to kick off and have a chance of gaining field position.

Woulda coulda and shoulda. They were a bit unlucky but you make your own luck and they didnt play well enough.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Disappointing way in which the 2nds Wicks Colts got stiffed yesterday. Blatant offside, hands in ruck, fumbled knock on, wasting time, running the clock down deciding whether to kick for 3 or a try.the list goes on. And, the referee picked none of this up. Has anyone totted up the points for the Uni team, I wonder? Also, in rugby, we tend to applaud the winning team, even if supporting the vanquished. Did not see that happening yesterday...
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Randwick are the only club who have no right to bleat about recruitment If you're interested in unis points they're all listed on fuse sport Shute shield. You'll find that Randwick sail closer to the wind than the Uni but it's easier to just fire off unfounded allegations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Uni 1sts smacked Woodies 48-5?
Yawn. As if Uni weren't going to stroll straight to the winner's podium at the GF.

Looking at Uni's stacked 2s team I'm going to predict the same there. I can imagine about 7 weeks ago them saying to the boys; come on, we've got the 1s sown up, who will play 2s (seeing as we've dozens of 4 and 6 point players) so we can sew that up to?
I just hope Easts can give it to them next weekend.

Otherwise the Corp will have sewn up almost the entire series.

Maybe give credit to an outstanding coaching program?

Not sure how the 2nds team is stacked? They lost last week and fought back in a heroic battle against Randwick. 22-20 isn't a canter.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Disappointing way in which the 2nds Wicks Colts got stiffed yesterday. Blatant offside, hands in ruck, fumbled knock on, wasting time, running the clock down deciding whether to kick for 3 or a try.the list goes on. And, the referee picked none of this up. Has anyone totted up the points for the Uni team, I wonder? Also, in rugby, we tend to applaud the winning team, even if supporting the vanquished. Did not see that happening yesterday...

That reflects more on you. I was cheering loud and proud for the team that fought valiantly.

Reasoning

Herbert Moran (7)
Full credit to the Easts players and particularly their coaching Staff for qualifying in the 1st & 2nd Grade Colts Grand Finals this year .
They have nowhere near the roster of players that Uni & Randwick enjoyed but have punched above their weight most of the season to make it through to the deciders.
They also haven't had a 'Home Ground ' all season so win, lose or Draw they have achieved a hell of a lot this year.
Sydney Uni will be favourites in all 3 Colts Grades and I only hope that the Under Dogs give the Students a contest right to the end

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Full credit to the Easts players and particularly their coaching Staff for qualifying in the 1st & 2nd Grade Colts Grand Finals this year .
They have nowhere near the roster of players that Uni & Randwick enjoyed but have punched above their weight most of the season to make it through to the deciders.
They also haven't had a 'Home Ground ' all season so win, lose or Draw they have achieved a hell of a lot this year.
Sydney Uni will be favourites in all 3 Colts Grades and I only hope that the Under Dogs give the Students a contest right to the end

Well done to Easts, imagine if you added Mccauley,McTaggart and Charlie Smith to the mix as well.The forwards dominated on Sunday and allowed the backs plenty of go forward ball.
Who was the 6 on the weekend , very mobile and had a cracker of a game, it says Josh Smith on Fusesport hadn't seen him play before.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Josh Smith is bloody good, one of those players you know is going to give it everything he's got. Easts have got quite a few of those types in Colts this year - great to see their teamwork. The coaches have done a terrific job too.

Reasoning

Herbert Moran (7)
No it wasn't
McTaggat hasn't played for Easts since the last time they beat Randwick in their 2nd Round clash due to 7s committments - I think its one of the Donato boys at fullback at the moment

islandgal

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes they're Phil Donato MP (Moana Pasifika) from Orange, both sons play in Easts Colts 1

Attachments

• IMG_20170824_004948.jpg
    IMG_20170824_004948.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 224
S

sidelineview

What are the odds for each team for Sunday's GF ?

Uni have been dominant all year while Easts were very impressive last Sunday (and Randwick were unimpressive especially in the first half).

Status
Not open for further replies.