• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well i'd say HH will be gunning for BOBs place as the final top 4 contender.

Blue mountains away this week will be a good test to see if they will keep this up!

If Bobs dont win it, id like to see Newport get up!

Ozzie Bob...................whats happened to BOBS? Smashed by Forest in 1s & 2s and possibly signalling the end of their semi final aspirations.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Has anyone else noticed that teams with a large amount of suspended players (established offences one would assume) haven't been deducted competition points? Dundas Valley had 20+ suspended players a couple of weeks ago, and earlier in the season there was another incident (From memory also in div 5 or 6), but as far as I can see on the comp tables no points have been deducted. Is it only a punishment for teams in the hunt for finals?

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Has anyone else noticed that teams with a large amount of suspended players (established offences one would assume) haven't been deducted competition points? Dundas Valley had 20+ suspended players a couple of weeks ago, and earlier in the season there was another incident (From memory also in div 5 or 6), but as far as I can see on the comp tables no points have been deducted. Is it only a punishment for teams in the hunt for finals?

I noticed the Dundas suspensions. Do you know what happened there ?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Ozzie Bob.......whats happened to BOBS? Smashed by Forest in 1s & 2s and possibly signalling the end of their semi final aspirations.

Heavyd, i'd say the killer ski season and school holidays are having an impact on numbers. I'd UNSW in the same bracket really. I think the top 4 for 2nd div will be Newport, Brothers, HH and Forest!

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure what the circumstances were with Dundas, though an all-in seems unlikely as there were no opposition players suspended. There was an earlier list which had a number of (I think) Fairvale players suspended, after a game was called off with Rockdale.

Am I right in thinking that once you hit a certain number of red cards and/or suspensions you breach the allowable level and get deducted competition points? I remember a few years ago teams missing the finals because they'd had too many cards and/or suspensions.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
There was an earlier list which had a number of (I think) Fairvale players suspended, after a game was called off with Rockdale.

The ref walked off the field midway through the first half because the pressure was getting to him. Both sides were quite shocked as there were no fights or back chatting whatsoever. Just two teams baiting each other and not giving up any inch of turf. There were two yellow cards in the match, though they were both for repeated ruck infringments. A lot of people felt robbed of their time after the game, it was leading into a cracker of a derby.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting - wonder why the suspensions to the Fairvale guys if just a couple of yellow cards? Seems a bit over the top.

Hey Mous do you know if Fairvale had points deducted for breaching allowable levels? Doesn't look like it, nor Dundas. I didn't think there was a discretion - if you went over your tolerable level you were deducted points?

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting - wonder why the suspensions to the Fairvale guys if just a couple of yellow cards? Seems a bit over the top.

Hey Mous do you know if Fairvale had points deducted for breaching allowable levels? Doesn't look like it, nor Dundas. I didn't think there was a discretion - if you went over your tolerable level you were deducted points?

From the info I gathered, many players from our Halligan Cup side had defected to St George. They were having trouble with numbers and the players were after regular game time (A problem the removal of 5th Div created). There was an incident (I don't know the full details) that occured during one of their matches that had several defected players suspended. I guess this is where the confusion lies.

The Fairvale/Lansvale Vs Rockdale incident was a strange one. Still have no idea why he walked off. Maybe the referee wasn't happy being dropped to 6th Div.

Edit: Actually, the very next week we travelled to Nagle Park to play Alexandria Dukes. The poor referee got injured 5 mins into the game. I know for a bit, some players would have been a little worried about what people might have been thinking to see Fairvale's matches abandoned two weeks in a row. lol We were in luck that the referee for the previous junior game before us was still around and agreed to take over the officiating. I think his name was Perrin Tasker, very young. He deserved the 3 points that day, not only for filling in, but it had to be one of the best refs we've had all year. Kudos to him!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If its Fairvale versus Rockdale, then you've got a fair few Islander boys versus a fair few Maori boys. No love lost there and I've played against both clubs, and was very watchful each time because physically it was some of the most draining rugby I've had. Running around after skinny white boys hurts the lungs, but scrumming against a 140kg Tongan prop whose man-boobs were so big I couldn't get my chin off my chest hurt my whole everything.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
I watched a game at Rockdale several seasons ago - geez they had some big boppers.
So is subbies showing a discretion in not deducting competition points? Can they? I had a look back and Forrest and Randwick both look like they've missed finals or lost points due to breach of tolerable levels in the past.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The manual states pretty clearly the situations under which points will be deducted, and generally its if you have (X) grades, then when you reach (X + 1) red cards, you are docked.

However just because a red card has been awarded, doesn't mean that a citing was finalised and penalties applied. It might have been thrown out by the judiciary based on other evidence.

Similarly, I noticed a few clubs lately are carrying video cameras for everything to ensure they can cite incidents the officials miss.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
The manual states pretty clearly the situations under which points will be deducted, and generally its if you have (X) grades, then when you reach (X + 1) red cards, you are docked.

However just because a red card has been awarded, doesn't mean that a citing was finalised and penalties applied. It might have been thrown out by the judiciary based on other evidence.

Similarly, I noticed a few clubs lately are carrying video cameras for everything to ensure they can cite incidents the officials miss.

That apparently worked well for St Ives who had 4 players cited and suspended post game based on their own video evidence.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)

The operations manual says:

22.5 In addition to the progressive fine system, once a club has two established offences above the tolerable level, the club will be asked to meet with the Clubs, Competition and Rules Sub-Committee and will automatically lose one full round of competition points, including club championship points.

So what's with subbies not following its own rules? Seems like poor administration.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
If its Fairvale versus Rockdale, then you've got a fair few Islander boys versus a fair few Maori boys. No love lost there and I've played against both clubs, and was very watchful each time because physically it was some of the most draining rugby I've had. Running around after skinny white boys hurts the lungs, but scrumming against a 140kg Tongan prop whose man-boobs were so big I couldn't get my chin off my chest hurt my whole everything.

I don't even think we have the biggest pack going around in our conference. Some pretty big tonkers at Alexandria, Burraneer as well as Rockdale. Reserve hooker from Clovelly was a machine.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah. Never associated that with Subbies before.

Too true. Subbies is battling to administer the current comp. Throw in all the admin work that will go into policing the shamateurism bollocks and the current administration will drown.

Status
Not open for further replies.