• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes, unfortunately, it's often seen more as a badge of honour in some circles in the adult game.

Not so in my case, my last act ever in a rugby field resulted in a yellow card!
Hadn't still adjusted to new rucking rules after few years off the game and had literally walked atop a ruck which wouldn't have disturbed the pea in the ref's whistle in the good old days but thus got the marching orders, albeit temporarily at first but alas it turned out to be of the permanent kind!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nice. Reminds me of Grand Final Day for the Renegades in 2008 at Sefton, but we had more mud. Our First Grade halfback slid about 5 metres into the concrete shelter and had to come off.

Lost to Harlequins 8-7 in Firsts and Oakhill 16-7 in Seconds. The latter opponent shouldn't have even been there due to red cards but got away with it due to Tim Richards' incompetence.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Medal winners are interesting this year.

The guy playing for Newport must be a fucking gun - he got more than double the next nearest points!

Also 6th Division (Meldrum Medal) is going to be a tie. How do they work that out?
Arm wrestle would seem the fairest way to decide the winner.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Ahhh. now that would be telling ;)

I figured it out a few years ago by looking at the Subbies page showing total tries/goals/penalties/totalpoints.

They don't publicly link the match points given by refs, but if you copy the web address for your own club of tries/goals/penalties/total you can quickly see the difference.

? your talking in riddles.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Nice. Reminds me of Grand Final Day for the Renegades in 2008 at Sefton, but we had more mud. Our First Grade halfback slid about 5 metres into the concrete shelter and had to come off.

Lost to Harlequins 8-7 in Firsts and Oakhill 16-7 in Seconds. The latter opponent shouldn't have even been there due to red cards but got away with it due to Tim Richards' incompetence.
Heard Richards was acting like a real w@nker at the div 2 finals on Saturday.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Meaning what, Willy? I don't like you calling him that without anything to back it up. He puts in a bucketload of time for Subbies and I don't like him (or anyone, for that matter) being unduly slandered on here.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
He is paid for it. Was told there was a dressing shed related blow up. Also told the other party was acting like a w@nker, so he wasn't alone. Happy to say I wasn't there and it's all hearsay. Hence the "I heard".

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Perhaps a better way of explaining it would have been something like:

I heard that Tim Richards had a blow up with someone at the div 2 finals in regards to dressing rooms. I'm told that both were acting like d1ckheads.
Anyone know the actual details???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
A combinations of Finals pressure and people over staying their allocated time in dressing rooms is always going to cause some angst.

Big weekend in DIV 2 finals this weekend. Subbies can expect some big supporter groups from UNSW (3 Gfs), Lindfield (2GFs) and Newport (3GFs). Amazingly no Forest or Hunters Hill sides to be sited this year.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
$65k to lurk in the shadows at St Pats training hoping to see the weekly pay run exchange. Tough gig.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Too lazy to go back and check but I think it was rumoured that if Drummoyne got any more red cards they may get booted. Does anyone know if that was before or after last Saturdays indiscretion.

Always the best gossip and footy at finals time.

Cactus Jack

Bob McCowan (2)
Too lazy to go back and check but I think it was rumoured that if Drummoyne got any more red cards they may get booted. Does anyone know if that was before or after last Saturdays indiscretion.

Not to be one to start rumors myself, however I have heard that some sort of meeting will be conducted today to discuss ramifications of last weekend's Drummoyne incident. Now that suspensions have been handed out I'm not really sure what else Subbies could do bar wiping them out of the final series or relegating them. Tough call if they go down that route!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Div. 1 GFs at T.G.Millner field this Sat. (20/09/2014).

Be there, or be somewhere else.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Brothers and Newport finish 13-all after extra time and are joint premiers. Should have had a penalty shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.