• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Brothers and Newport finish 13-all after extra time and are joint premiers. Should have had a penalty shootout.

Apparently the Breakers had a player red carded from the kick off in 2nd half so they played for 60 minutes with 14 men. At that level against Brothers it must have been a pretty big effort.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
Perhaps a better way of explaining it would have been something like:

I heard that Tim Richards had a blow up with someone at the div 2 finals in regards to dressing rooms. I'm told that both were acting like d1ckheads.
Anyone know the actual details???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, I don't know Tim Richards from a bar of soap, but at the Div 3 1st round of semi finals a few weeks ago, his attitude was unnecessarily unpleasant and combative - and this was just when checking the ID cards before the game! At the time I had the feeling he must have had a bad week. However, perhaps he's just been doing the job too long. Do these guys do annual performance appraisals with their managers? If not, perhaps it's time to start.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
The subbies culture in general seems to be combative. With clubs folding, others moving to different comps and numbers dwindlingly the constant threats of relegation are unhelpful.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
On a different note, Brothers are saying they are going to Div 1 next year.
I think they will struggle, particularly in the lower grades.
They have reengaged with the school, SPX and the colts program is looking good, but maybe a season too early to go up.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Promotion/relegation so by winning 2nd Div they should expect to be playing 1st Div next year. Issue for subbies is do they run a 9 team comp in Div 1. I agree it is probaly one or two years early for Brothers particularly if subbies stick with 5 grades + Colts.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Perhaps the key for Subbies is to look at how the divisions are structured. I think that there are way too many clubs struggling in that lower level of the club. My suggestion to Subbies would be:
DIV 1 - 4 Grades and Colts
DIV 2 - 4 Grades and Colts
DIV 3 - 4 Grade with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup
DIV 4 - 3 Grades with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup
DIV 5 - 2 Grades with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup
DIV 6 - 1 Grade with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup

The next mark would be to create two tiers of Halligans Cup competitions. The first would be for teams that would like to compete in a 'fifth grade' each week. They would schedule a full season with these clubs, playing off for the Sutherland Cup. Obvious preference would go to Div 1, followed by Div 2, etc.
The Halligans Cup would be compete for by clubs who cannot commit to a full season and want to schedule their own games week to week.

BPRC

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello Rugby Fans,

Just a quick update - and request. For those interested in how Div 2 would go against Div 3 make sure you get down to Brookvale Oval at 1pm on Sunday 28 September. Watch some of the best grassroots rugby going around followed by NRC development squads then the main game of the North Harbour Rays vs Greater Sydney Rams.

The reason for briefly appearing on this thread is prompted by Barker's dilemma. The BPRC match is not supported or being run by subbies. The players just happen to be invited from the first grade sides in the Division 2 and Division 3 sides playing in the Sydney competitions.

The teams are listed (as they currently stand pre possible finals injuries) on the Barbarian Park thread and would love to hear predictions, thoughts or slanderous comments on the selections.

Just a quick edit. Due to Scheduling changes this match will kick-off

11:25am Sunday 28th September at Brookvale Oval

Intersting dynamics between the Newport and Brothers boys after last weekend for Div 2 side.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are Predictions for the gf's today?

I'm going with:
1sts: St pats is a high scorer
2nds: St pats in a tight one
Colts: old ignatians in a tight one
3rds: colleagues
4ths: St pats
5ths: old ignatians

Great weather for running rugby today!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
From the Old Ignatians fb page:

Colts win the Grand Final 47-35 in extra after being down 28-0 at half time!! 47 unanswered points! Unfortunately 5ths went down 20-17

Must have been some game to watch in the Colts, eh?

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was a cracker! Try on full time from iggies to level it then iggies got away in extra time. Gotta feel for Mosman fellas to see that slip. But full credit for iggies not to drop off at 28/0

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
FT 1st. grade SP 40- Drummoyne 5

! RC Drummoyne and 1 YC SP !st. half

! RC SP 2nd. half

Some of the SP players must have had spiders on them.

Cracking weather - sunny and a blue sky.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Rumblings getting louder out of subbies about Drummoyne facing relegation due to number of red cards. Not sure why Div 2 clubs should bear the brunt of a club with a history of unsavoury player behaviour.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rumblings getting louder out of subbies about Drummoyne facing relegation due to number of red cards. Not sure why Div 2 clubs should bear the brunt of a club with a history of unsavoury player behaviour.

Div 1 has had to do it for years. Maybe give someone else a turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.