• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
1 week in and already we can see that 2 clubs in Div 3, have no business being in that comp. Kings couldn't put a 4th grade of the field at home and the story is Iggies only had about 40 players.

Why are they there, if they cant put the numbers on the park. Both clubs should have been placed in Div 4. In Div 4, they would have had a chance to be competitive (only having to field thee three grades) and Div 3 could have a true home and away comp.

Maybe I'm just being harsh???

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
So results are in. Thoughts?

Some interesting results in Div 2.

Newport destroy Hills 41-0, Forest lose 1's and 2's (both grades defending premiers), Waverley win all grades.

Hunters over BOBs 62-13 and 50-0 in 1s and 2s also raising alarm bells.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
1 week in and already we can see that 2 clubs in Div 3, have no business being in that comp. Kings couldn't put a 4th grade of the field at home and the story is Iggies only had about 40 players.

Why are they there, if they cant put the numbers on the park. Both clubs should have been placed in Div 4. In Div 4, they would have had a chance to be competitive (only having to field thee three grades) and Div 3 could have a true home and away comp.

My understanding is multiple clubs across the Divs were upfront with subbies around numbers but as usual subbies didn't want to know about it. KOBs will do well to see out the season which is a sad outcome for a good club.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
So results are in. Thoughts?

Some interesting results in Div 2.

Newport destroy Hills 41-0, Forest lose 1's and 2's (both grades defending premiers), Waverley win all grades.

I think it is going to be a very interesting season ahead. I am not sure whats going on with BOB's 1st and 2nd Grade without seeing team sheets.

I think of greater interest is Div 3. How do Iggies drop 2 divisions and still have results like that?

Beecroft is another interesting one. Only dropped one grade away to St Ives, but looking at the teamsheets they have lost a lot of last years 1st Grade side and it was only a one point win against Saints.

Brothers seem to have justified subbies decision to drop them to 3rd Div with only a win in 1sts!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

I was surprised Kings weren't moved down.

But Iggies coming down three divisions? After Beecroft last year?

No bloody way.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was surprised Kings weren't moved down.

But Iggies coming down three divisions? After Beecroft last year?

No bloody way.

Is the difference between Div 3 and Div 4, worth 80 points in 1st grade??

No, Iggies wouldn't dominate Div 4!!

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
I think of greater interest is Div 3. How do Iggies drop 2 divisions and still have results like that?

Numbers were halved - due to travel/weddings/races etc. Pull outs late in the week, poor fitness and 32 degree heat didn't help either.

Having said that, HAC were f#cking good!! I would say better than all the Div 1 teams we played last year. No joke.

Iggies are notoriously slow starters so don't write us off just yet.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Numbers were halved - due to travel/weddings/races etc. Pull outs late in the week, poor fitness and 32 degree heat didn't help either.

Having said that, HAC were f#cking good!! I would say better than all the Div 1 teams we played last year. No joke.

Iggies are notoriously slow starters so don't write us off just yet.

Its just not a good look in round 1.

HAC being better than Div 1 teams is a bit of stretch too. Yes they are near impossible to beat at home but they aren't all that. Just wait till Iggies play Redfield or Beecroft

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
HAC were up by 40 after 25 mins and in that heat with almost no pre-season it was done. HAC are a quality team and Iggies never had a chance to even have a crack with 35 blokes for 4 grades of footy showing up. I think it was a shock to them to see a team that would not be out of place in DIV 1 first grade. They should be well aware that no game will be treated lightly.

I personally don't think there has been "bravado" coming from the club. I think people are trying to sell a positive message to get people back to the club. The boys just want to enjoy their footy and have a crack and hopefully this will come over the next few months.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
HAC were up by 40 after 25 mins and in that heat with almost no pre-season it was done. HAC are a quality team and Iggies never had a chance to even have a crack with 35 blokes for 4 grades of footy showing up. I think it was a shock to them to see a team that would not be out of place in DIV 1 first grade. They should be well aware that no game will be treated lightly.

I personally don't think there has been "bravado" coming from the club. I think people are trying to sell a positive message to get people back to the club. The boys just want to enjoy their footy and have a crack and hopefully this will come over the next few months.

Iggies will be fine. I think it was just a matter of having a lot of guys out which is far from ideal in Rd 1. KOBs a little more concerning unless they can boost their numbers.

HAC are a quality side and really well coached. No doubt looking to go one better this year in their 125th anniversary.

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was down at BOB v Hills last Saturday. BOB strong in lower grades but dusted by cricket scores in 1s and 2s. Hills have a huge pack and fast out wide. Colts game was tight and luckily nothing like the scrap that occurred last year (BOB's took out that game 19-17 in a cracker).

Any other reports from Div 2?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
According to today's Manly Daily Newport destroyed Hills with five 2nd half tries after leading 8-0 at halftime. In the same article Forest blame injuries for their close loss to Blue Mountains.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Some interesting stuff to come out of the team sheets so far.

Blue Mountains No 10 Danny Kroll............... Former Randwick 1st grade player?

Chad Maher at HAC - Didn't he win Kentwell with Pats in 2014?
The Borg brothers at HAC - They have played NSW subbies and haven't they played with Brothers in the past?

Large numbers of clubs have not completed their teamsheets!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Numbers at training a little better this week. Should be able to field Three Grades against Canterbury this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.