• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Heard all about it. Was very surprised that both teams were allowed to continue and both won the finals.

I would have thought that, in the best interests of the tournament, both should have been disqualified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An all in in a 10's tournament! Bodes well for the session proper. Subbies better fire up the judiciary early!!

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Righto that time again

Predictions for Top 4 in Each Division

Div 1
Colleagues
Balmain
Knox
Drummoyne

Div 2
Newport
Forest
Hills
UNSW/ Hunters Hill

Div 3
Redfield
Brothers
Beecroft
UWSH

Div 4
Blacktown
Canterbury
Sydney Irish
Sydney Harlequins

Always the unknown in Div 6 so wont even attempt

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Righto that time again

Div 1
Colleagues
Balmain
Knox
Drummoyne

Div 2
Newport
Forest
Hills
UNSW/ Hunters Hill

Div 3
Redfield
Brothers
Beecroft
UWSH

Div 4
Blacktown
Canterbury
Sydney Irish
Sydney Harlequins

Always the unknown in Div 6 so wont even attempt

Are you talking club champs or top 4 in first grade?

I think Div 3 will be very interesting with the three new clubs (Iggies, Beecroft and Brothers) pushing for club champs along with Redfield

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Righto that time again

Div 1
Colleagues
Balmain
Knox
Drummoyne

Div 2
Newport
Forest
Hills
UNSW/ Hunters Hill

Big call for UNSW to go from winning one game to making the top 4. HH will be interesting as they may not have their superstars from last year ie ex World Cup players

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Hills were surprise packets last year only a bonus point away from making the 4

UNSW new coach could do wonders had a strong colts which should filter through the grades for a stronger showing this year

Waverely will be strong but will they adapt to the style of play in Div 2 Straight away, had a strong set piece last year

Hunters Hill you never know each year with them will be interesting if the Cheque Book comes out again this year

Newport always strong in 1st grade but need to gain some handy lower grade players to step incase of injuries

Forest reports players have retired they will still be a very strong out fit very good 1st and 2nd grade units so a couple of retirements should do no harm

Barker if they can keep players from traveling or injuries this year should find themselves back around the top again this year

Blue Mountains Normally strong 1st half of the season club but need to finish it off at the business end in higher grades

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
Some good rugby to watch today at the subbies 7's. With hunters hill taking out the main final 15-5 over Blacktown. Does anyone think we can take anything out of today's (and Hawkesbury 10's) results heading into the season?

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Some good rugby to watch today at the subbies 7's. With hunters hill taking out the main final 15-5 over Blacktown. Does anyone think we can take anything out of today's (and Hawkesbury 10's) results heading into the season?

What it does for the season is give you a lot of confidence, and gives your team-mates a good excuse for beers and celebrations.

A massive shout-out to the Drummoyne team who grabbed their second tent and took it over to an injured player from another team (I think Menai) while he was waiting for an ambo.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Anyone know how the mighty Barker Old Boys are looking this season?

Crashy! I can tell you they have a new president and have a tour to Bathurst this weekend and a trial against Knox the weekend after. Apart from that i know nothing!

I notice that the Div 3 draw has been done and 4-6 to be done ASAP. Any word on the lower division structures?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Crashy! I can tell you they have a new president and have a tour to Bathurst this weekend and a trial against Knox the weekend after. Apart from that i know nothing!

I notice that the Div 3 draw has been done and 4-6 to be done ASAP. Any word on the lower division structures?

Hearing mixed signals from clubs. In the eastern suburbs clubs like Waverley and UNSW are reporting an influx of new players (poms, scots, irish ex pats and travellers). In the north clubs like St Ives, Newport, Forest ,Brothers and Oatley in the south are concerned around lower grade numbers. In the bible belt (Hills, ROBs, Epping, Rouse Hill) they have that many players they don't know what to do with them all. Yet KOBs and Hawkesbury Valley scratching around for players. Lets see what happens post trials as to how clubs wash up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think we've regularly been getting 45-ish to training, but that is no sign we're going to field competitive grades, or have enough players in each position for three grades.

I'll be along tonight to have a look as they've finally moved training to Wednesday.
Pfitzy, you heading up to the Coast to play in the trial against the Rams in a few weeks? Great initiative with money being raised for the local hospital.

Official report from our FB page:

Storage King Charity Shield Victors!
Last Saturday the Renegades travelled to Bateau Bay on the central coast to take on The Entrance Rams in the innaugral Storage King Charity Shield Game.
On a very hot day out at the office, the Renegades kicked off running into the sun and a strong sea breeze. The first half was a close encounter and The Entrance managed to take advantage of the wind behind them to cross the line just before half time.
With the wind behind the Renegades in the second half, the boys started to stamp their authority and score an un-answered 5 tries to take the victory.
A great day was put on by our hosts including a hungi with beverages that were provided post match with all proceeds being split between the two clubs charities (The Children's Hospital at Westmead and Gosford Children's Hospital- Blue Room).

Charity totals to be advised in coming days.

Special thank you to Storage King Rouse Hill and Russell and the boys from the Rams for the great day. We look forward to reciprocating next year.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Hearing mixed signals from clubs. In the eastern suburbs clubs like Waverley and UNSW are reporting an influx of new players (poms, scots, irish ex pats and travellers). In the north clubs like St Ives, Newport, Forest ,Brothers and Oatley in the south are concerned around lower grade numbers. In the bible belt (Hills, ROBs, Epping, Rouse Hill) they have that many players they don't know what to do with them all. Yet KOBs and Hawkesbury Valley scratching around for players. Lets see what happens post trials as to how clubs wash up.

Not sure I'd say Epping have that many players they don't know what to do with them all, but we are looking alright.

Could do with some colts and some extra hands as team officials though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
According to everyone who was at training tonight, about 15-20 blokes from the weekend weren't at training, and I certainly know a few of these reported in on FB that they weren't able to make it.

But yes, numbers are healthy. Had a couple of forward packs and probably three backlines.

Now the tricky balancing game of keeping guys interested while trying to win games comes into play. And as 2nd Grade co-coach, I get to pick up the scraps from First Grade and try to take on the eager beavers from 3rd Grade :D

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
How is the trial form looking? Does anyone know if Pierre Hola played for Hunters in the weekends trial against Forest and & Waverley?

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
So when do the lower divisions get confirmed? Does it get later and later for the Comp to get confirmed these days due to uncertainty of numbers?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pretty much. Can't believe Convicts are still allowed in 4th Div. Though there is no Fifth so...

Status
Not open for further replies.