• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy, you heading up to the Coast to play in the trial against the Rams in a few weeks? Great initiative with money being raised for the local hospital.

Think they moved it to 5th March. So not sure about my availability at this point.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Forum has gone quiet!

When are clubs playing their first trial games?

How are clubs looking for numbers at this stage?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Forum has gone quiet!

When are clubs playing their first trial games?

How are clubs looking for numbers at this stage?

Mates from several clubs are telling me numbers have been very thin but are slowly building. I'll stand by my view from end of last season that half of Div 1 clubs will not be able to field 5th grade & the same goes in DIV 2 around 4th grade. The player numbers just are not there. The carnage extends to lower Divs with at least two clubs on the brink.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We've had solid 40+ at training which is not bad for this time of year. Lost a bit of talent though, so its a question of whether we've got the depth to keep at least two sides competitive against the Canterburies of this world.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Mates from several clubs are telling me numbers have been very thin but are slowly building. I'll stand by my view from end of last season that half of Div 1 clubs will not be able to field 5th grade & the same goes in DIV 2 around 4th grade. The player numbers just are not there. The carnage extends to lower Divs with at least two clubs on the brink.
Sad news

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Yeah I heard Newport are losing players to other clubs. Previous president must be fuming.

Where are the Newport players going? Rats is really the only Club nearby. and the standard is significantly different. I suppose there's Dee Why and Terry Hills but I can't see them appealing to former Newport players.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Forest?????

Reports from Breakers are positive. I had heard Forest were suffering from their 1st & 2nd premiership victories. A few older 1st graders have taken the opportunity to bow out on a high and for that to be their swan song.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have heard rumours of Rouse Hill renegades trying to poach Rival Local Clubs players

Any Truth to the matter?

We can't pay them, if that's what you're asking :)

There are always a few guys who know of mates who play rugby elsewhere, and ask if they want to have a run with us. A few of our guys are ex-Blacktown for example.

We seem to always pick up a few who have built houses out this way, and will move clubs to be closer to home.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
We can't pay them, if that's what you're asking :)

There are always a few guys who know of mates who play rugby elsewhere, and ask if they want to have a run with us. A few of our guys are ex-Blacktown for example.

We seem to always pick up a few who have built houses out this way, and will move clubs to be closer to home.

What's the story with Home ground for Rouse Hill this season? Have heard that soccer have taken over at Francsesco Oval and Renegadesare looking for a ground?

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
I can't see too much player movement between Forest and Newport - there is not a lot of love between the clubs or players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What's the story with Home ground for Rouse Hill this season? Have heard that soccer have taken over at Francsesco Oval and Renegadesare looking for a ground?
Believe we are at Francesco again. Hills Council had multiple clubs (soccer, Bulls+juniors, us+juniors) training same ground Tuesday nights because venues weren't available.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Took my son out to watch the morning session of the Hawkesbury Valley 10s. Some incredible footy being played. Blacktown definitely the entertainers this morning. Good luck to all teams.

3rd man in

Frank Nicholson (4)
Took my son out to watch the morning session of the Hawkesbury Valley 10s. Some incredible footy being played. Blacktown definitely the entertainers this morning. Good luck to all teams.

obviously didnt stick around for the hornsby v blacktown pool game prodigy? entertaining start but game called off due to all in brawl about 6 min in.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
obviously didnt stick around for the hornsby v blacktown pool game prodigy? entertaining start but game called off due to all in brawl about 6 min in.

Heard all about it. Was very surprised that both teams were allowed to continue and both won the finals.

I would have thought that, in the best interests of the tournament, both should have been disqualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.