• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Anyone know what happened at Balmain? Checked the scores and just won 1st grade and didn't show in any of the others.

Are Lindfield making the showings of a Div 1 club?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
A haka from Waverley? I thought they were all poms and Irishman?
UNSW would be happy with their returns in hosting BOBs and Hills have given a good outcome of themselves away in Blue Mountains.
Reports that Newport are kicking themselves after bombing 4 or 5 scoring opportunities in the 1st half. Then a 2nd half length of the field intercept and 14 point turn around when about to score in the corner turned the game.
Apparently they ran out of 85 cases of beer by halftime in 1st grade and had to call on local sponsor "the Newport" to make an emergency dash with more cartons. Not a surprise I suppose when two of subbies best supported clubs come together.

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone know what happened at Balmain? Checked the scores and just won 1st grade and didn't show in any of the others.

Are Lindfield making the showings of a Div 1 club?

Lindfield just too good on the day in the lowers, we had a few players injured/away but no excuses.

Very much deserve their place in Div 1.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Lindfield just too good on the day in the lowers, we had a few players injured/away but no excuses.

Very much deserve their place in Div 1.

That was true for Lindfield last year in Div 2 - consistently strong across all grades but not as much in 1st grade (I don't think their 1s even made the finals?).

That's probably more useful than just a strong 1st grade, as when players leave the club then has a bigger problem (e.g. Brothers).

Big 8

Bob McCowan (2)
Wasn't a belting. Actually went and saw this game. Result easily could have gone the other way. Each time Waverley looked like cracking the game open they dropped the ball or turned over possession. Hunters very stoic in defence. Gritty win. The Fijian 7 and 9 for Hunters probably the difference.
Heard it was a cracker....did Hunters Hill have Two tries disallowed from AR calls?? Well done to both teams...

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
You've named 2 games from the one div. Wont allow it. Pick one

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Forest v Waverley then.

Waverley look the goods, despite a close loss to HH.

Forest lost round one as they were missing some key players, but looking strong now including keeping Newport try-less last weekend.

You heard it here first - these two teams will be in the final, and the winner of this weekend's match will be the eventual premiers.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
As you wish 3rd Man In

Div 1- Colleagues v Balmain
Top of the table clash out at Woollahra Oval #2. both teams currently undefeated after 3 rounds. the Veteran Tipping Colleagues to be to strong at home winning by 10

Div 2- Forest v Waverley
Another tough round for both these clubs having take on other top 4 opposition last week. Tipping Forest at Melwood on ladies day only just though Forest by 4

Div 3- Beecroft v Brothers
Boys from Beecroft haven't been at their 2015 form this season and will need to play some of there best footy against the boys from Brothers
Tipping Brothers to win though by 15

Div 4- Harlequins v Canterbury
Both teams with 2 wins under their belts coming into this fixture at Waterloo Oval, tough one to call but think Canterbury will edge in a close won by 5

Honourable Mentions
Newport v Hunters Hill- Hunters Hill to win by 10
Lindfield v St Pats- may be the 1st draw in a 1st grade game this season across all grades

Valley v HAC- Expect plenty of fireworks out at College Oval, these 2 hate each other.. HAC will win easily but there may be a few players seeing the Cheese and Possibly making a trip to Judicary

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
In front of a bumper Melwood crowd Forest done in every grade by Waverley.

Tough road trips for BOBs against Ever consistent Hills.

Mountains shared the spoils with UNSW

Hunters just over Newport in all grades bar colts.

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very pleasing to see my "old" club Waverley back on the up...

I always said a strong off field presence, would result in strong on field results, and that certainly is the case this year at Waves...

With enough rounds down now, the amateur status kicking in (presumably), it's interesting to see those clubs long rumoured to have been paying players now well down the competition tables.

Or is it just natural evolution? Not deliberately trolling!

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Very pleasing to see my "old" club Waverley back on the up.

I always said a strong off field presence, would result in strong on field results, and that certainly is the case this year at Waves.

With enough rounds down now, the amateur status kicking in (presumably), it's interesting to see those clubs long rumoured to have been paying players now well down the competition tables.

Or is it just natural evolution? Not deliberately trolling!

Waverley pay their 1st grade coach who also starts as tight head prop & was a former Welsh International so no it's not like the amateur rules are affecting them

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Report it to Subbies. The constant schoolyard sniping fuck-arsing around here doesn't do shit, except make people look liked little bitches.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Waverley pay their 1st grade coach who also starts as tight head prop & was a former Welsh International so no it's not like the amateur rules are affecting them

Anything more than hearsay? I think that he is also the scrum coach at the Two Blues and GS Rams.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Anything more than hearsay? I think that he is also the scrum coach at the Two Blues and GS Rams.

I have no evidence of course - but I know some of the Waverley committee and I'm sure he is *not*being paid.

I actually watched Forest v Waverley yesterday, and though he might be a good coach and was clearly their leader, honestly he wasn't actually that good as a player.

Forest seemed to have the better scrum, and he didn't get around the park very quickly so had limited impact outside set piece where he was not dominant.

1s and 2s both could have gone either way on a different day.

That said - Waverley deserved their clean sweep and will clearly be a competitive club in Div 1 next year. They have heaps of players, are very well organised, and I don't see how any Div 2 club can compete with them across all grades as most are struggling with numbers so Waves will end up with more club points.

Interesting how they used to be well known as a kiwi club - but I'm sure I didn't hear a single kiwi accent yesterday. They are now an English, Irish and Welsh club.

Status
Not open for further replies.