• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
The gurus tips (Prodigy I'm happy for you to bench mark yourself against these)

Here we go...

DIV 1
DRUMMOYNE vs Balmain - the old grudge match. "We were here first! No, we were here first! It’s our history! No, it’s our history!" I would have had The Dirty Reds amassing 50, but for the rain.....
St Pats vs MOSMAN - BY 10
Knox vs PETERSHAM - 25+, Shammies are rollin'.
Waverley vs COLLEAGUES - The wet weather to ruin things on the Eastern Seaboard, Colleagues by a penalty.

DIV 2
LINDFIELD vs UniNSW - Lindfield in a tryfest
Hills vs FOREST - Hills Coach had a Subbies vs Shute Shield rant on FB earlier in the year, then ripped down the post. FOREST, inspired by Vinny Byrne off the bench, close it out by 12.
HUNTERS vs Beecroft - The Crofties haven't found their groove yet, and the wet won't help. Hunters by 15.
Hawk Ag vs MOUNTAINS - Match of Round - Danny Kroll will be the difference. BM by 8.

DIV 3
Brothers vs IGGIES - Bros are in a world of pain allegedly. Iggies to have a great day in the wet at Roseville.
EPPING vs Barker - Match of Round - Lots of bodies back for the Rams this week. Not sure about BOBS. Rams to replicate the 2005 Clark Cup GF and win 30-17.
St Ives vs HVALLEY - Valley to smash Saints in the forwards in the rain. Captain Dane Humphreys to get a double.
REDFIELD vs Newport - The boys are back in town. ROBs to be much improved after a couple of weddings.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
The gurus tips (Prodigy I'm happy for you to bench mark yourself against these)

DIV 1
DRUMMOYNE vs Balmain - The muzzled wolves to be gelded. 30+
St Pats vs MOSMAN - Whales too big too strong 14+
Knox vs PETERSHAM - as per above 14+
Waverley vs COLLEAGUES - Match of Round - Colleagues too strong in wet 7+

DIV 2
LINDFIELD vs Unsw - Old Soldier at home 14+
HILLS vs Forest - Always heated, Hills by 7
HUNTERS vs Beecroft - Wouldn't want to be at Boronia in tomorrows downpour. Prick of a place. HH by 14+
Hawk Ag vs MOUNTAINS - Match of Round - MOUNTAIN Men by 10

DIV 3
Brothers vs IGGIES - Stop the fight!!! The rain could stop IGGIES from getting to 100. Brothers will do well to see out the season with full grades.
Epping vs BOBS - Match of Round - My spies tell me BOBS are in a happy place and think they'll have to much in the backs for the RAMs. BOBS by 10
SAINTS vs Hawk Valley - My upset of the round. Consecutive away games will hurt the big men from the valley. SAINTSs by 7
REDFIELD vs Newport - Tommy Tudehopes called a revival + the boys from the beach don't travel. REDFIELD by 3

Do we know the Mountains result?

I'm 10 from 11 having got the BOBs result wrong. My Saints and Hills upsets paid dividends. Is Something amiss at Forest?

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Do we know the Mountains result?

I'm 10 from 11 having got the BOBs result wrong. My Saints and Hills upsets paid dividends. Is Something amiss at Forest?
You pipped me this week.
HeavyD - 10/11
Prodigy - 9/11

Mountains leading 17-16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Talking to a mate today he told me a Shute Shield club and a Subbies club had a bit of a barney about releasing a player to play Subbies.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Curious to know what everyone thinks. Clubs named after schools such as Barker and Knox. Do they get many players that didn't actually go to those schools? Surely a non old boy looking for a club would head towards one named after a suburb or district.

outsidein22

Bob McCowan (2)
Balmain get off the mark with a win in 4th Grade. Unfortunately/fortunately depends who you support they weren't able to get the chocolates in any other grade.

Real mixed bag of results in the division 1 grades. Makes things a lot more interesting as the season progresses as each week in most grades the result could go either way.

outsidein22

Bob McCowan (2)
Perusing St Pats team lists and am led to believe they have miraculously received 5 red cards in 4 rounds. So they have reached the allowable limit and sure to come under scrutiny from Subbies.

Would like to know what happens for breaching the card limit? Is it monetary or relegation or anything else? Is anyone aware what the likely outcome is?

The way they've accrued red cards this season you'd think St Pats will cop a few more before the season is out!

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
next week

Div 1
st pats v balmain - st pats by 50+. balmain want out of div 1.
knox v waverley - knox by 15-20. waverley falling to bits as well.
mosman v drummoyne - mosman to end the streak by less than 7.
colleagues v petersham - colleagues in a tight one.

Div 2
Hunters Hill v UWSH - Hunters Hill easy. road trip wont help UWSH.
UNSW v Forest - Forest to return to form with easy win.
Mountains v Beecroft - Mountains easy. Big road trip for crofties wont help.
Hills v Lindfield - Hills are grinding there way through the comp and will get up in a close one

Div 3
Valley v Brothers - Valley by 50+ in every grade. Might see a forfeit in lower grades.
Redfield v Epping - Redfield by 1-2 tries. With there full roster now back, word is Redfield still think they can win this comp.
Iggies v St Ives - Iggies by 10
Barker v Newport - Newport by 3 in a tryfest.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Another shit day out for us. 20 blokes showed up - barely any of the "old new" ones from last week, and we played a full 2nd Grade game.

Then several had to leave for work so we played a short half in First Grade and called it at 41-nil. Some Canterbury players had the nerve to bitch about not being able to rack up 90+ like the other clubs we'd played.

I already had about 4 guys out on their feet, or limping, or nursing sore shoulders. What the fuck was I supposed to do?

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
Another shit day out for us. 20 blokes showed up - barely any of the "old new" ones from last week, and we played a full 2nd Grade game.

Then several had to leave for work so we played a short half in First Grade and called it at 41-nil. Some Canterbury players had the nerve to bitch about not being able to rack up 90+ like the other clubs we'd played.

I already had about 4 guys out on their feet, or limping, or nursing sore shoulders. What the fuck was I supposed to do?

pfitzy. do you see rouse hill lasting the year? does the club talk to tim richards much?

credit must be given to those 20 guys who keep showing up but no matter how tough you are, not sure how long guys can do that. do you and the boys look forward to weekends sort of thing??

Nath

Bill Watson (15)

Mate please don't take this the wrong way, but do you expect any different?

It's rare in my experience, for a club to take pity on a struggling clubs.

Self interest wins the day, more often that not.

Status
Not open for further replies.