• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
What's wrong with this site? Hurlo what happened yesterday in 1s?

Valley are one of those teams that can be very hard to put away. If they get the bounce of the ball, they have some quality players who can punish you.

The Rams are very happy with yesterday's efforts at Newport. Coming away with 3 wins and a one point loss makes for a very successful road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
HV were the best side we faced in rd 1 and they beat us again yesterday. I really don't know why they have won so few games. They can definitely make the top 4 and if they do they will be hard to put away. Their no.11 is quality, only his 2nd game of rugby, made plenty of breaks and got MOM from the team and ref.
Having said that the penalty count was about 10-40 and we only lost by 2 points.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey Skinny,
May I ask what club you are involved in!?
I have a lot of ideas on how to grow either the game, or a club.
I'm big on growth.

Seems odd that people here wouldn't welcome increased numbers and coverage.
Similar club to Epping... not far away. We struggle getting players because of Norths and Gordon being so close to us

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Valley are one of those teams that can be very hard to put away. If they get the bounce of the ball, they have some quality players who can punish you.

The Rams are very happy with yesterday's efforts at Newport. Coming away with 3 wins and a one point loss makes for a very successful road trip.

Rams numbers at speeches were phenomenal by all reports. Bus trip was going along nicely until coach and player sparked up previous indiscretion. Coach also reported to have had an altercation with lower grades player regarding selections.

Club board has reportedly been in contact with a number of life members to come in and steady the off field ship. Unconfirmed as yet.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
49 zip against KOB's, poor buggers had 16 players and lost a guy to injury 20 mins in.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Do these same 20 blokes rock up at training? And did forfeiting 1sts help in any way?

No - training this week sucked because we're Wednesday night and, for reasons I can't fathom, people watch this thing called "origin"

shrug-house.gif

As for forfeiting firsts: not much helps when you don't train, and have 20 blokes show up.

Physically we didn't get hammered as badly as usual. Just tackling sucked.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rams numbers at speeches were phenomenal by all reports. Bus trip was going along nicely until coach and player sparked up previous indiscretion. Coach also reported to have had an altercation with lower grades player regarding selections.

Club board has reportedly been in contact with a number of life members to come in and steady the off field ship. Unconfirmed as yet.

Is this from bus trip to Hawkesbury or was there another blowup from the Newport trip?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Newport.

That's funny as I'd heard that at the start of speeches the Newport club captain made a comment jokingly asking Epping not to have a coach/player fight in the clubhouse. At least they left it to the bus ride home!

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)

Hearing reports some players at Epping were upset with a 'shoe-gate' incident that occurred during speeches...Was good to see an old school rugby bus trip in full flight

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Hearing reports some players at Epping were upset with a 'shoe-gate' incident that occurred during speeches.Was good to see an old school rugby bus trip in full flight
I'd like to hear more about 'shoe-gate'...

Was it shoey/shoot the boot related? Sounds like a good yarn

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
What's wrong with this site? Hurlo what happened yesterday in 1s?

Iggies Didn't Turn Up And By The Time They Did Valley Had There Legs Up. Valley Were Gutsy And Wanted it More.

I Always Felt If We Got The Ball We Had Points In Us. Unfortunately Everytime We Did We Would Infringe And Then March Them Downfield. No Excuses But We Copped It All Day With Mr Ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.