• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyRed

Frank Row (1)
We use a Commbank eftpos machine. Only $29/month. We used to pay $60/month back in the day for the old 2G eftpos machines. They are worth every penny.

Lookup SQUARE READER (available at Officeworks), from memory $59.00 for the cheapest option and they only charge 1.9% per transaction, with noi ongoing monthly fees. Works with iPhone / iPad / Android etc.We have found it very useful for players fees, merchandise and canteen sales. Very good

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Took a meander up to Beecroft last week and saw they had some Apple i-thingy (technical term for older blokes) for tapping cards. The payment then got confirmed on the guys phone. Looked like a cheap and easy solution to the ever encroaching cashless society. Can anybody else confirm they use this. Could probably help a lot of clubs out.

If its this one - Square Payments.

No minimums per month and 1.9% rate as DirtyRed says - on all transactions including AMEX. Perfect for a club like ours that only operates a few months of the year though I am thinking about taking it up the pub to do Friday meat tray raffles for all those people who say "Aw mate I don't carry cash - what a shame!" *wink* *wink*

I'll get the bastards. Could be worth another $50 a week in raffle takings. Also comes in a version you can plug into your phone (though it doesn't work on all Android).

Does all chip cards that pay via contactless, but not EFTPOS like Savings/Cheque accounts.

square-reader-australia.jpg

DirtyRed

Frank Row (1)
Pfitzy, long time reader, 2nd time user .... The Square Payments / Reader works great, they also send reports the following day detailing amounts received etc.
BTW, please keep your chin-up, it is people like you that will keep our great game going, aim high good man and don't let the turkeys get you down.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My Treasurer is extremely impressed. Now if only the canteen staff would ring up the cash sales through it as well! ;)

Having an iPad handy to run it at canteen is good I must say. Would even consider purchasing a 4G version for the club to use in future so I can stop using my son's wifi model with a dongle nearby

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Ask and you shall Receive Skinny Minny

Div 1
Petersham v Mosman- Petersham playing very good rugby should be too go for an inconsistent Mosman side
St Pats v Knox- Knox should win this in a tight one
Balmain v Waverley- Going to go with Balmain here, Waverley will be strong in lower grades not sure about 1s though
Colleagues v Drummoyne- Colleagues to knock off competition leaders this week

Div 2
UNSW v Mountains- Mountains should win this easy but travel factor is always something with them, few injuries as well to some key players
Lindfield v HAC- Interesting Game, Lower grades Lindfield will destroy HAC, 1st grade may be closer than people think depending on how they travel, will stick with HAC
Hills v HH- this will be a tight old tussle, Hills to squeeze out a win here at home
Forest v Beecroft- Forest should take this one out, don't see Beecroft travelling

Div 3
St Ives v Newport- St Ives to take this one, travel and injuries not helping Newport's cause
Redfield v Valley- Redfield to run around the much bigger valley side and take this one comfortably
Iggies v Barker- Should be a cracker im gunna go Iggies at home
Epping v Brothers- Be interesting too see if the mid season 1st grade resurgence will continue for brothers as they take on the red hot Epping side, cant see them knocking them off though to much class across the park

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4:

Sydney Irish v CANTERBURY - County Coogee might be a bit of a graveyard for the men in green tomorrow, with a firm artificial surface for Berries forwards to run rampant on. The personnel count for Irish will be down due to Lions tour I suspect.

Mac Uni v BLACKTOWN - a short trip up the M2 doesn't really mean "travel" for the orange horde. They'll do this fairly well I suspect

Briars v OATLEY - a couple of surprising losses to Oatley this year, they will be stinging for some payback.

SYDNEY HARLEQUINS v Rouse Hill (2nd Grade) - home side will be too good I think. Have no idea who is coming from my club at this stage, but President Pfitzy will be playing a lot of minutes come Saturday I suspect.

Reactions: dru

Johnny Knoxville

Frank Row (1)
Hi I'm johnny Knoxville but that isn't my real name.

This is considered a play on words because I represent Knox, YEAH YEAH! Knox!

Been reading a while and I have a few issues or questions.

- why do people pour crap on the fence at Lane Cove? Isn't it nice for people to watch and feel at ease when a ground has a nice easy on the eye fence?

- what's with everyone constantly tapping about divisions 3-5? Especially silly 3? Like who cares? Div One is where it's at and where the talent happens. I'm actually shocked it doesn't get more coverage here. I have seen backs who canso 11 seconds flat in Div one.
Just to put my point in perspective,
My passion is the NRL and I often talk about the teams I'm most passionate about, the tigers and the raiders, with my friends, be it the pub or at my neighbours who has Bbqs on gameday. We talk about Brooks, Moses Suli, recruitment, Ricky Stuart, and sometimes talk about expansion into areas like Perth, central Coast, north shore or Wellington. It is always about FIrsT GRADE issues and we never talk about reserve grade except when a player returns from injury or something erratic happens.

Yet weirdly I come here and all I hear about is clubs with players who literally can't play? It's such a slap in the face to the teams who built something special

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Johnny Knoxviile. What was the name again of the wooden dildo that Knox boys used to sodomise each other with at school?

Happy to hear about DIv 1. How are Knox looking across the grades?

In terms of league I think the NRL has a blog on all things mungo which you can post on about Ricky Stuart. Go the Eels!

Johnny Knoxville

Frank Row (1)
Thanks Heavy,
Knox are on track for a clean sweep this week!
Dildo?
Mad some of the old boys will say when we beatbox in the change room 'ain't no team feel dat hammer as to when da boys play knox mutha effing Grammar!'

Feel that beat.

Johnny Knoxville

Frank Row (1)
When d boys hit the beatbox
Look around why your head knocked?
Like the fox we are locks

Feel d beat and the heat
Try and cheat with your feet
You know words how's your grammar?
Come to our forwards watch they slam ya
Feeling pain in your ribs can ya?
Ain't get away with it watch we nab ya
Get ya woman wat h us tap her

Ain't no team feel dat hammer till when da boys play mutha effing Knox grammar

*drops mic'

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
why is it a problem to talk of division 3?

do you realise that every club in division 1 was once in the lower division. lower division rugby the ball is thrown aroudn more and very exciting and that is why lower division team always wins the suburban 7s rugby competition like blacktown and redfield

i think if the division 3-4 winners could easily beat the division 1-2 winners.

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
why is it a problem to talk of division 3?

do you realise that every club in division 1 was once in the lower division. lower division rugby the ball is thrown aroudn more and very exciting and that is why lower division team always wins the suburban 7s rugby competition like blacktown and redfield

i think if the division 3-4 winners could easily beat the division 1-2 winners.

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
i think a better idea would be to have a suburban rugby multicultural world cup where players align with countries such as new zealand, paupa new guinea, samoa, tonga, india, ireland, england, fiji, italy and netherlands to make a sydney 7s world cup. this would see talent amongst division and also bring the countries and rugby together we could have 4 pools and play it over one weekend where no rugby is played or have rugby still played as rep players represent there countries like in super rugby. it would be played at unsw fields at david phillips.

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
Took a meander up to Beecroft last week and saw they had some Apple i-thingy (technical term for older blokes) for tapping cards. The payment then got confirmed on the guys phone. Looked like a cheap and easy solution to the ever encroaching cashless society. Can anybody else confirm they use this. Could probably help a lot of clubs out.

Oh yeah, some pretty good footy was played too:D A little surprised by the result in 1st Grade. The rest looked pretty evenly matched and could have gone either way, Colts not withstanding

Can confirm 100% that we use the square reader at Beecroft, it's absolutely brilliant and has made life a lot easier with people constantly asking about card payments

Pretty unfortunate first grade result for us there, didn't help suffering 5 injuries, three of them season ending all within the first half of the game. Should bring about a interesting tail end of the season for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Div 1
Petersham v Mosman- Petersham By 10
St Pats v Knox- St Pats By 3.
Balmain v Waverley- Balmain Hitting Form And To Blow Waverley Away By 40.
Drummoyne v Colleagues - Drummoyne By 7.

Div 2
Mountains v UNSW - Mountains Comfortably By 40+
HAC v Lindfield - HAC 13+.
Forest v Beecroft - Forest By 40+
HH v Hills - Hunters Hill Unbackable ATM.

Div 3
St Ives v Newport - St Ives By 30 Against Hapless Newport.
Redfield v Valley - Redfield To Score 45 Points And Win.
Iggies v Barker - Iggies By 2-3 Tries. Barker To Soft To Match Them.
Epping v Brothers - Brothers In A Upset. Epping Will Expect An Easy Game And Brothers To March To Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.