• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip zip man

Frank Row (1)
Fuck. Some people. I can't figure out if this is driven by the ex-Coach or the ex-ex-President

View attachment 9563

God damn Nick. You know I spent a fair bit of time there (shouldn't be too hard to work out who I am), and had some major issues with trying to convince the powers that be at the time that we needed sweeping changes in attitude. Pretty sure that it is one of three or so people. What I can't understand is why the paper printed that garbage.

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
Whopper?
c6f0ca8a6535031ec747cb8925b85a83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Whopper?
c6f0ca8a6535031ec747cb8925b85a83.jpg

Sorry did I get the nickname wrong?

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
No game for our colties today as they have the week off before our grand final week next week :)

There looks to be some great matches in division 4 today. I expect Blacktown to run over Oatley and Irish to put the Harlequins to bed for the year.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Epping, On Behalf Of All Clubs In the Top 4, Can You Please Not Beat Redfield Next Week?

If Brothers Make The Finals, They Will Win The Competition.

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
Really good day of rugby at the Bobdome today, with Epping too good in all grades coming away with 4 wins. As well as some quality rugby, I got to witness the Epping first grade coach Whopper in full flight, and can confirm that his relationship with his halfback appears to have completely disintegrated, with the two of them having an argument which ended up in a shouting match with Whopper telling him to F off to Lane Cove. Could throw a spanner in the works for Eppings tilt at the Clark Cup.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Really good day of rugby at the Bobdome today, with Epping too good in all grades coming away with 4 wins. As well as some quality rugby, I got to witness the Epping first grade coach Whopper in full flight, and can confirm that his relationship with his halfback appears to have completely disintegrated, with the two of them having an argument which ended up in a shouting match with Whopper telling him to F off to Lane Cove. Could throw a spanner in the works for Eppings tilt at the Clark Cup.

Bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Epping, On Behalf Of All Clubs In the Top 4, Can You Please Not Beat Redfield Next Week?

But Epping beat Brothers well a couple of weeks ago didn't they?

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
Bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the yelling and saw them arguing. I wasn't really close so might have been mistaken but I don't think so. Plenty of other people were there as well. Did you see or hear something different?

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)

Its a farce mate, how can win by 30 in 1s and lose by 102-0 in 2s

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Its a farce mate, how can win by 30 in 1s and lose by 102-0 in 2s

Maybe because the club doesn't want to forfeit a game and players are willing to play even though outgunned. Is it better to forfeit entirely or more meritorious to have players loyal enough to the club to be all hands to the pump and be willing to get hammered. A fair question methinks.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Maybe because the club doesn't want to forfeit a game and players are willing to play even though outgunned. Is it better to forfeit entirely or more meritorious to have players loyal enough to the club to be all hands to the pump and be willing to get hammered. A fair question methinks.
A fair question maybe, but not a fair situation on those players...id expect there wont be much of a club there next year as why would the players sign up for that while the club "acquires" a first grade team.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
But Epping beat Brothers well a couple of weeks ago didn't they?

True. Someone Needs To Do A Teamsheet Comparison. If It Was The Same Team, Then Hats Off To Epping.

We Have Played Barker, Epping And Brothers In The Last Month And Noone Has Looked Better Than Brothers. They Have So Much Fire In Attack.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
A fair question maybe, but not a fair situation on those players.id expect there wont be much of a club there next year as why would the players sign up for that while the club "acquires" a first grade team.

It's been going for 70 years & now has a Colts team & has been up and down over the years, so assume it will get out of the trough that many clubs find themselves in. My understanding is that many of the new players were past players who were asked to help out given the dire straits the club found itself in. Some did come back & may stay next year again. But the club is resolute about not forfeiting any games - that will obviously mean a few players won't return next year after getting a few beltings. But it was a conscious decision on the part of the club. In today's troubled rugby landscape I'd assume ppl would think there's kudos in having a club be able to meet it's full team commitments week in, week out.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Did our usual, give the opposition a lead and reel them in trick. Turned 7-25 into 26-25, including a missed conversion from straight in front when were got to 19-25.

Fvck it's driving me mad.

Burra now play terrey hills for what will probably decide 4th spot, after Burra touched of Manly yesterday.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
True. Someone Needs To Do A Teamsheet Comparison. If It Was The Same Team, Then Hats Off To Epping.

We Have Played Barker, Epping And Brothers In The Last Month And Noone Has Looked Better Than Brothers. They Have So Much Fire In Attack.

Redfield will be the team that makes way for Brother$ finals bid.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Brothers Will Beat Valley Next Week By 60+.

But Even With That, If Redfield Beat Epping Next Week Then Brothers Are Out, Meaning The Last Round Clash Between Brothers/Redfield Is Not Important As There Is A 6 Point Gap Between Them.

Status
Not open for further replies.