• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDale

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry for the ignorance everyone.
Im currently tossing up another year at southern districts this year or having a bit of a crack at subbies.
Im not sure the set up with divisions are they similar to grades or more location based?
Are oatley playing if so what grade? I would be leaning towards them as i played a lot of junior rugby there or at burraneer because thats where i live.
Any advice/assistance would be great.
Cheers,
Nelson

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Sorry for the ignorance everyone.
Im currently tossing up another year at southern districts this year or having a bit of a crack at subbies.
Im not sure the set up with divisions are they similar to grades or more location based?
Are oatley playing if so what grade? I would be leaning towards them as i played a lot of junior rugby there or at burraneer because thats where i live.
Any advice/assistance would be great.
Cheers,
Nelson

Oatley are in 4th grade mate, come down and have a run. id be surprised if you didn't slide straight into first grade for them

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So if Oatley go to 4th Division, and all the other participants stay there, AND we're talking 8-club Divisions, what of KOBs?

P.S. Nelson if Oatley DO come to 4th, join up mate. Its a barrel of laughs, and you get to make the trek out to play against the Renegades!

I also hear that the coach we flicked has ended up at Mac Uni. That's interesting, given we heard Subbies weren't going to let him coach anywhere this year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Trials locked in. Big ups to Maccabi for hosting us over that way on April 8. We're up the Central Coast on March 11, so things are rolling.

Great turnout at training last night too. Some new, young guys turning up which is great to see.

Now I just need to push through the juniors setup.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Good on ya Pfitzy for having a crack

Thanks.

Sure, we might have a ground that Council will install multi-purpose goal posts on so soccer can fuck up a bit more grass.

And yeah we might have a shipping container for storage, and a demountable with no running water to run our canteen and refrigeration.

No doubt that we don't have anything resembling change sheds, showers, or even a toilet except for the ones at the baseball oval next door.

But I reckon it'll be a hell of a year.

Right before our ground gets dug up and given to loig, and we have to go beg for another place to call home, and see if we can actually get our own posts installed back on it without having to try and fight off soccer and AFL.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not sure. Just got it in an email sent to ex-players. Would imagine it's the Club's decision.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm surprised they went back to just one team. Imagine the years of poor results have taken it's toll on the remaining players.

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but they should have done a Beecroft 2-3 years ago, and dropped down a couple of divisions and rebuilt.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm surprised they went back to just one team. Imagine the years of poor results have taken it's toll on the remaining players.

This is sad news for a great club. Unfortunately it's a just visible symptom of the wider malaise Subbies finds themselves in.

I don't know the answer, but I would love to find one.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Search for "pigtail posts" on the internet! I found them there when helping with juniors a few years ago.

Yep - found some at Horsley Wholesale ;)

Confirmation that Oatley are going to be in Division 4 with an update on the Subbies site. Blacktown, Briars, Canterbury, Mac Uni, Oatley, Harlequins, Irish, Rouse Hill. I hear Blacktown might not be as strong this year, so its going to be an interesting Division.

16 teams in Division 6 is bullshit. Its a dead-end street for a lot of clubs, who get into the groove of a short day of rugby and then find it hard to get back out. There are a lot of long-term clubs down there who seem happy.

No Division 5 is also bullshit. A few clubs - particularly outfits like Macarthur Crusaders, Kings OB, Menai, and Merrylands, should be able to field 2nd teams. So perhaps Subbies need to reinstate Division 5 with 8 clubs, and make 2nd Grade optional.

It doesn't make for an easy comp, but it was fucking hard to get Division 4 back once upon a time, and it nearly broke our club.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Yep - found some at Horsley Wholesale ;)

Confirmation that Oatley are going to be in Division 4 with an update on the Subbies site. Blacktown, Briars, Canterbury, Mac Uni, Oatley, Harlequins, Irish, Rouse Hill. I hear Blacktown might not be as strong this year, so its going to be an interesting Division.

16 teams in Division 6 is bullshit. Its a dead-end street for a lot of clubs, who get into the groove of a short day of rugby and then find it hard to get back out. There are a lot of long-term clubs down there who seem happy.

No Division 5 is also bullshit. A few clubs - particularly outfits like Macarthur Crusaders, Kings OB, Menai, and Merrylands, should be able to field 2nd teams. So perhaps Subbies need to reinstate Division 5 with 8 clubs, and make 2nd Grade optional.

It doesn't make for an easy comp, but it was fucking hard to get Division 4 back once upon a time, and it nearly broke our club.
+ smithfield in div 6 if they are admitted...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.