• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
''Twas the night before game day, and all thro' subbies people were wondering...what drama will transpire tomorrow. Will there be forfeits or even a brawl. Many little birds sing great songs but we wait to find out which will come true.

Mangoman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Div 5 Rd 10 predictions -

2 games this week after the Dukes already played against Maccabi a few weeks back (a vast majority of the Maccabi side are playing in Israel for the Maccabiah games), and Lane Cove have forfeited a home game to Menai (unconfirmed why but I would suggest it would be to do with their injury list).

So that leaves Collaroy vs Convicts and Wakehurst vs Chatswood.

Collaroy by 30.
Wakehurst by 10.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Div 5 Rd 10 predictions -

2 games this week after the Dukes already played against Maccabi a few weeks back (a vast majority of the Maccabi side are playing in Israel for the Maccabiah games), and Lane Cove have forfeited a home game to Menai (unconfirmed why but I would suggest it would be to do with their injury list).

Collaroy by 30.
Wakehurst by 10.

Fence & Hedge not good enough then aye? Trouble in paradise for the boys from Lane Cove? Sounds like they need some new recruits

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Collaroy by 30.
Wakehurst by 10.

I dunno - Collaroy are on a run of outs except the thrashing of Chatswood last week (no big talking point). Convicts have won the last few and might just have a bit of momentum - I reckon they'll leapfrog into third with a tight win. They've got a tough run home though!

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wife's gone out, footy is over..having a look at some early team lists that are out for tomorrow and some big inclusions and also looks like some rumours about forfeits and unhappy players are true.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
TBH I'm actually less stressed today, because one game is a fuckload easier to organise in terms of players and time spent on game day.

I could get used to this.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Highlights from today.

div 1

Colleagues coming from behind with two converted tries to beat Knox and establish themselves with a buffer in the top 4.

Div 2

UNSW beating Hills and out of nowhere now move into the 4. Plenty of opportunity with four rounds to go with Unsw, Forest, Hills and Lindfield all capable of a friend finals appearance.

Div 3

BOBS and Iggies had decisive wins and Epping (despite the noise) got over a gallant Saints. The top 3 looking solid with four reamining teams vying for 4th spot. Interesting seeing Newport get up 50-0 and 88-0 in lower grades with Brothers winning 1s. Apparently 11 Brothers colts had to back up in 2s. That's not sustainable.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Div 1 Colleagues win and celebrations were as big as you have seen in subbies rugby.

Div 2 Mountain men getting it done over Hunters Hill. HH missing some players but hearing they still should've got the win.

Div 3 Epping good enough with 8 first graders out. A very disappointing St Ives day with 1st graders playing lower grades AND the game stopping for 5min as St Ives didn't have any footballs RIDICULOUS!

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
"Div 1 Colleagues win and celebrations were as big as you have seen in subbies rugby."

I like the sound of that. Tell us more!!!

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Very ordinary display from the Shammies today. Full marks to Waverley they identified a weakness and exploited it effectively to lead 19-15 at halftime. It wasn't until about the 60 min mark that Petersham started to get ahead. Shammies scrum has never been great all season but got monstered by Waverley. We have a prop away this week but still it was not good. The Shammies can turn on some champagne rugby at times though!

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Div 1 Colleagues win and celebrations were as big as you have seen in subbies rugby.

Div 2 Mountain men getting it done over Hunters Hill. HH missing some players but hearing they still should've got the win.

Div 3 Epping good enough with 8 first graders out. A very disappointing St Ives day with 1st graders playing lower grades AND the game stopping for 5min as St Ives didn't have any footballs RIDICULOUS!
8 first graders out?

Does this have anything to do with the coaching issues?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
TBH I'm actually less stressed today, because one game is a fuckload easier to organise in terms of players and time spent on game day.

I could get used to this.

Of course, it's no help when two guys call in sick, three more drop "stuck at work" less than two hours from kick off, and then another two simply don't show up.

Started with 14, then one of my best players nearly had his fucking head taken off by a swinging arm ten minutes in and had to retire with concussion. THEN the Vice President popped his groin just before the half.

33-nil at halftime was pretty respectable, considering we were down to 12.

92-nil at the end wasn't bad under the circumstances.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Of course, it's no help when two guys call in sick, three more drop "stuck at work" less than two hours from kick off, and then another two simply don't show up.

Started with 14, then one of my best players nearly had his fucking head taken off by a swinging arm ten minutes in and had to retire with concussion. THEN the Vice President popped his groin just before the half.

33-nil at halftime was pretty respectable, considering we were down to 12.

92-nil at the end wasn't bad under the circumstances.

What was the gentleman's agreement regarding first graders playing down? I noticed a few names in that second grade team for Oatley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
8 first graders out?

Does this have anything to do with the coaching issues?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm unsure what the go is there surely Booba couldn't be too bad if they still managed to get a win. Maybe he could work on their 2s side who cant buy a win this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.