• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm unsure what the go is there surely Booba couldn't be too bad if they still managed to get a win. Maybe he could work on their 2s side who cant buy a win this year.
I've looked through the Epping team sheets and the 1st grade captain was in 2nd grade. Will this spark his departure to Lane Cove?

Any news on this Prodigy?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Toby newton mcgee is welcome at Lane Cove if he still wants to play 1st Grade. We could use him at the moment. Can someone inbox me his details.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What was the gentleman's agreement regarding first graders playing down?

The Subbies-endorsed* agreement is for opposition to send Tim Richards a list of 7 legitimate First Grade players. Its probably more a chance to rest guys with niggles than anything, but the combination of:

1) Less First Grade opposition
2) Less minutes

Is the best we could hope for in this situation.

* And therefore one questions whether the term "gentleman" applies ;)

I noticed a few names in that second grade team for Oatley.

Yeah Matt Battishall was at 8. Couple of others who looked fairly fit - think the 13 with the yellow card (head hunter) was one of them as well.

Not much we could do on defence with our numbers, but when we had the ball we were chewing off serious metres up the middle. Just ran out of guys to cover rucks, leading to turnovers.

Was clear that a lot of Oatley's guys play league - only a couple of guys were any good at ruck time. If we'd had a couple more players of First Grade quality out there we could have put on some tries.

They had a bloody big fast bloke in #4 running tries down one wing who used to play up in Brisbane. He sympathised with our plight.

Overall they gave us a lot of respect for fighting on, even when the ref asked if we wanted to call it with ten to go.

I've probably missed the only chance I had to play against Oatley by running the sideline :( , but my shoulder is still fucked from last week's two games.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I've looked through the Epping team sheets and the 1st grade captain was in 2nd grade. Will this spark his departure to Lane Cove?

Any news on this Prodigy?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Definitely some news on that front, but out of respect for Toby and his relationship with Boonba, I'll give it to the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Definitely some news on that front, but out of respect for Toby and his relationship with Boonba, I'll give it to the end of this week.

Quality player. One of the best 9s in Subbies. Don't really put much credibility into most of this stuff about Epping on this forum. No one really knows what goes on inside a club except those actually in the middle of it week in week out.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Pfitz - I suspect a few clubs like Oatley have some very good players in the lower grades who play down because they can't /don't want to train. It's the old subbies chestnut where the 5ths are better than the 4ths.

Actually, I seem to recall a club up in Brisbane refusing to field a team in 5th grade because blokes preferred to play 5ths, and their 4ths were getting smashed each week.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitz - I suspect a few clubs like Oatley have some very good players in the lower grades who play down because they can't /don't want to train. It's the old subbies chestnut where the 5ths are better than the 4ths.

No need to suspect - their coach told me so. You only need to look at the positions on the table to see that.

They have a cultural struggle going on with that attitude from some of their Third Grade.

It is markedly different from the one I have, of course...

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)
If you think Epping have problems, I am not hearing things are much better at Redfield. You will notice a few boys missing from Redfields 1st XV yesterday and throughout the club. The Jarrod Rixon rumour has more legs than first thought and I would not expect to see Pat Burfitt running around in Subbies again this year. From what I can read, he will be testing himself out in premier rugby next year.

Cactus

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)

Let him go. No one player is bigger than the club. Despite Eppings boring style of play, you follow the coachs instructions and if McGee cant do it then let him go. Its not like Epping struggle for quality replacements.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
If you think Epping have problems, I am not hearing things are much better at Redfield. You will notice a few boys missing from Redfields 1st XV yesterday and throughout the club. The Jarrod Rixon rumour has more legs than first thought and I would not expect to see Pat Burfitt running around in Subbies again this year. From what I can read, he will be testing himself out in premier rugby next year.

Cactus

I'm not sure about this..what I will say is that they struggle to have the same teams week in and week out and it's about this time of year that old 1st grade players start showing up in 3s. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up in lower grades right in time for a finals appearance as their first grade seem to be out of the running.

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm not sure about this..what I will say is that they struggle to have the same teams week in and week out and it's about this time of year that old 1st grade players start showing up in 3s. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up in lower grades right in time for a finals appearance as their first grade seem to be out of the running.

I think you will find Pat gets on really well with guys like Paul Limbers, Joey Watson, Carlos Del Rosario and Seb Burfitt (Really close to Seb), but i think you will find he doesnt like the Abrams who have a major say in the side.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
I think you will find Pat gets on really well with guys like Paul Limbers, Joey Watson, Carlos Del Rosario and Seb Burfitt (Really close to Seb), but i think you will find he doesnt like the Abrams who have a major say in the side.

Ha! Cactus, you've got some great mail mate.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Tommy you reviewed any sausage sandwiches this year??

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

A few mate. Standard has been good. You'd be surprised how much pride some clubs put into their BBQ setup. Looking forward to getting up to Newport in a few weeks. Epping have a ram burger which is quality too.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)

Well Despite The Problems They Were Excellent Yesterday Across The Grades.

Apparently Travelling To Dural Was Like Asking People To Drive Interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.