• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
So..... we move in to the pointy end of the season....

2 questions for our experts:
1) Who is making 1st grade semi finals?
2) Does anyone seem to be trophy hunting by stacking lower grade teamsm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Division 3 First Grade Semi Finals Will Be Epping, Iggies And Barker.

The Final Spot Will Go To Redfield (Assuming Players Don't Leave With The Dramas Going On). Brothers Are A 20% Chance, However Would Have To Win 4 Out Of 4.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've looked through the Epping team sheets and the 1st grade captain was in 2nd grade. Will this spark his departure to Lane Cove?

Any news on this Prodigy?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Does Anyone Know If He Will Be Playing 1st Or 2nd Grade This Week?

S

Saint Yves

I think based on what we have come across, It will be an Iggies v Epping GF in 1st grade & probably the same in 3rd grade.

I think Epping will take out 3rd grade as they have been the best side all year. Things may change if teams start stacking lower grades but I will stick with Epping as nothing has suggested they can be beaten.

I am hopeful that we will be thereabouts in 2nd grade & I dont care who we play in the big dance.

Iggies vs Redfield in Colts with Redfield coming out on top in a high scoring affair.

I think Iggies will win 1st grade. This might be a shock to other people but from the games we have played against both teams, Iggies were the more dominant. They have the best 9/10 in the comp which gets you over the line in big games. Depending on what the internal rumblings at the Rams come to, I think Iggies will win this week if they are at full strength. This will make the race to Minor Premiers very interesting.

Club Champs is too hard to call between these 2 so in the spirit of this page, I think whoever has the best fence will be the deciding factor. Therefore I think Iggies will get promotion as the fence at Ryde is alot better than the fence at Somerville.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Division 3 First Grade Semi Finals Will Be Epping, Iggies And Barker.

The Final Spot Will Go To Redfield (Assuming Players Don't Leave With The Dramas Going On). Brothers Are A 20% Chance, However Would Have To Win 4 Out Of 4.

Brothers are an interesting one. Does anyone know where they acquired the group of 6 or 7 Fijian players who all appeared from Round 6?

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Depending on what the internal rumblings at the Rams come to, I think Iggies will win this week if they are at full strength.

Any club that is at full strength in Round 11 is not trying hard enough. It's a lottery at this time of year with injuries and uni holidays etc.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Does Anyone Know If He Will Be Playing 1st Or 2nd Grade This Week?

Hurlo, Do Iggies want promotion back up to 2nd DIV next year?
I think only Epping have the overall numbers for a move up.

Where to for DIV 2 clubs like HAC? Back to DIV 4 as they are struggling with putting out a colts so do they bypass Div 3? Beecroft might be eyeing over DIV 3 with the likes of Forest who are struggling for numbers in lower grades?

DIV 3 clubs Brothers, Saints and Hawkesbury Valley all struggling for numbers in certain grades, is a move to DIV 4 on the cards?

I think next years comps will look pretty different to this years and I think Subbies will need to be understanding to the challenges some of the legacy clubs outside the DIv 1 heavyweights face around player numbers.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
We Would Be Fine In Division 2 And In My opinion Are a Division 2 Club.

I Have Heard Epping Appealed Hard To Subbies To Be In Division 2 This Year And Were Angry At Being Left Down, So I Expect Them To Be Promoted.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Here are the finals as I see them in the bottom three divisions. Teams marked with an asterisk are locked-in, meaning that they have enough points to escape being overtaken by the 5th-placed team no matter what happens (short of points being docked):

DIVISION 6: Manly Savers, Merrylands, Terrey Hills, Engadine.
Can't see much changing here, as the teams outside the 4 are facing teams inside the 4 from here on in. MERRYLANDS to win it in a well-contested final.

DIVISION 5 - interesting here as the teams in 3-5 spots have basically the same opponents in the last 4 rounds. So not much should change barring some big upsets.
Jeffrey: Menai*, Maccabi*, Collaroy, Convicts. Final should be Menai v Maccabi which I'd like to get along to. MENAI probably too strong
Noice: Chatswood miss out. DUKES win by a stretch
Club Champions: MACCABI

DIVISION 4
McLean: Oatley, Canterbury, Blacktown, Irish - Harlequins the only other team in contention and I can't see them overcoming Irish, who will have their Lions Tourists back. OATLEY to win it
Grose: Canterbury, Irish, Blacktown, Oatley. I think IRISH will win this one as they have the best defence in the comp and will be bolstered by the return of their guys from NZ.
Walker: Oatley, Canterbury, Blacktown, Irish. Mac Uni might stack back here but they've still got Oatley to face. OATLEY to win this.
Club Champions: OATLEY

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
The
We Would Be Fine In Division 2 And In My opinion Are a Division 2 Club.

I Have Heard Epping Appealed Hard To Subbies To Be In Division 2 This Year And Were Angry At Being Left Down, So I Expect Them To Be Promoted.

The challenge is the extra 35 guys required to field a 4th grade and cover the extra injuries. I wasn't aware Iggies were getting those sort of numbers but good luck to you if you are.

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Club Champs is too hard to call between these 2 so in the spirit of this page, I think whoever has the best fence will be the deciding factor. Therefore I think Iggies will get promotion as the fence at Ryde is alot better than the fence at Somerville.

This is good to hear, the message is getting through to clubs that Fences win Matches. I wasnt aware of a Fence or Hedge at St Ives, but if this is club's mentality im sure come season 2018 you will see a brand new state of the art fence surrounding their ground. This coupled with their club house would make the club unstoppable.

Also interesting to note Epping's Gun #9 looking at Lane Cove. Again the fences are talking boys. The message to all clubs is to include Fences in your 2018 recruitment plans

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)
In Division 3 I would say Epping, Old Iggies, Barker and Brothers are in.

Newport are falling with too many injuries and havent won a game in 7 rounds, while Redfields internal dramas will seee them fade away and just miss out.

S

Saint Yves

I think you will find Pat gets on really well with guys like Paul Limbers, Joey Watson, Carlos Del Rosario and Seb Burfitt (Really close to Seb), but i think you will find he doesnt like the Abrams who have a major say in the side.

Cactus.. Do you have any more info? We are battling with Redfield for 4th so any news on that front that could help us would be awesome. Will they stack lower grades or are they hoping to compete in 1s as well. Or do you think they will still be strong enough to compete in 1s even with this turmoil?

Iggies seem to be the only team in 1s not to be in turmoil. That just strengthens my belief that they are the team to beat.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
DIVISION 6: Manly Savers, Merrylands, Terrey Hills, Engadine.
Can't see much changing here, as the teams outside the 4 are facing teams inside the 4 from here on in. MERRYLANDS to win it in a well-contested final.

Terrey Hills spot is up for grabs from Burra, they have to come down to Engadine and Burraneer still.

Burra beat them up there earlier and the way we're rolling now we will hammer them in 3 weeks.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Actually that may too big an ask, Burra play the top 2 teams as well, didn't realise how few games were left.

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)
Cactus.. Do you have any more info? We are battling with Redfield for 4th so any news on that front that could help us would be awesome. Will they stack lower grades or are they hoping to compete in 1s as well. Or do you think they will still be strong enough to compete in 1s even with this turmoil?

Iggies seem to be the only team in 1s not to be in turmoil. That just strengthens my belief that they are the team to beat.

Just what I said really. Pat Burfitt played 3s a few weeks ago so make of that what you will. He still likes lots of the boys, but as he's a big name at the club people are taking sides (E.G. - Dale the 2nd Grade captain is his best mate and isn't playing anymore , id assume that's why).

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Just what I said really. Pat Burfitt played 3s a few weeks ago so make of that what you will. He still likes lots of the boys, but as he's a big name at the club people are taking sides (E.G. - Dale the 2nd Grade captain is his best mate and isn't playing anymore , id assume that's why).

Loving the mail Cactus. Are you hearing any gossip about me coming back into the playing ranks? Possibly slotting in at 1st grade with the kicking duties?

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Loving the mail Cactus. Are you hearing any gossip about me coming back into the playing ranks? Possibly slotting in at 1st grade with the kicking duties?

Tommy I thought you had a promising media career with Subbies & NSW Rugby all locked up? Don't tell me that's fallen through and your back into grade?? If so it's another example of miss management in the administration of this sport.

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)

Not really, but you would know more than me. If Pat is out I guess they need another playmaker. Is there more to what I said or is that pretty much it?

Status
Not open for further replies.