• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Tommy I thought you had a promising media career with Subbies & NSW Rugby all locked up? Don't tell me that's fallen through and your back into grade?? If so it's another example of miss management in the administration of this sport.

They couldn't fit me under the salary cap. Although I'd be keen on doing some video stuff for the finals if there was enough interest?

Not really, but you would know more than me. If Pat is out I guess they need another playmaker. Is there more to what I said or is that pretty much it?

Don't know mate. I am just a casual observer these days. Guess will have to see how the teams line up this weekend.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
They couldn't fit me under the salary cap. Although I'd be keen on doing some video stuff for the finals if there was enough interest?

Don't know mate. I am just a casual observer these days. Guess will have to see how the teams line up this weekend.

You'd have my support if anyone at HQ was listening. Bit of live action Facebook or something would be good for finals and maybe work to get more fans and supporters down? Maybe a weekly thing on YouTube?

Josefa To-mummy

Frank Row (1)
If you think Epping have problems, I am not hearing things are much better at Redfield. You will notice a few boys missing from Redfields 1st XV yesterday and throughout the club. The Jarrod Rixon rumour has more legs than first thought and I would not expect to see Pat Burfitt running around in Subbies again this year. From what I can read, he will be testing himself out in premier rugby next year.

Cactus

Interesting read. I have heard the club is struggling with some infighting this year. They definitely don't dominate like they used to.

S

Saint Yves

Interesting read. I have heard the club is struggling with some infighting this year. They definitely don't dominate like they used to.

Very interesting. If anyone wants to switch clubs next year, our doors are always open. We are a club on the rise who are aiming for big things in 2018. Hopefully we make semis in 1st grade & 2nd grade this year and then we can build on that. We have a great culture, the best clubhouse in subbies rugby, we have a fence & we are looking at adding a hedge in next year. So if someone like Mr Newton-Mcgoo did want to leave Epping & didn't want to go play Div 12 with Lane Cove next year, Saints are as good a club as I can think of.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Very interesting. If anyone wants to switch clubs next year, our doors are always open. We are a club on the rise who are aiming for big things in 2018. Hopefully we make semis in 1st grade & 2nd grade this year and then we can build on that. We have a great culture, the best clubhouse in subbies rugby, we have a fence & we are looking at adding a hedge in next year. So if someone like Mr Newton-Mcgoo did want to leave Epping & didn't want to go play Div 12 with Lane Cove next year, Saints are as good a club as I can think of.

How about adding a shrubbery?

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)

Is there photographic evidence of this "Fence" last time I was at St Ives home ground there was more of a chicken wire/chain link fence around the ground. Not an immaculate white picket fence, you need these types of fences if you want to climb divisions.

Great fence though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have previously addressed the high quality of The White Ovals fence in this forum, sadly it went un-noticed by the vast majority here. Good to see Skinny Minny has called it out and given it the respect it deserves.

St Ives would do well to take notes

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree with White Oval review. Great fence. Quite possibly the best posts in Sydney too....
Which raises the elephant on the paddock.
Who has the best posts in Suburban Rugby?

At Lane Cove we pride ourselves not only on our fence and multi-layered hedge (3 levels at last official count) but also our posts. Even managed to convince the council to install them straight this year........

Josefa To-mummy

Frank Row (1)

You might have some interest from Redfield. One of the problems they have is that there are heaps of siblings in their club, like the Abrahams and Burfitts. Word is there has been a falling out between the 2 families and only one family will stay next year. The club doesn't want to lose the Abrahams guys cos heaps of them are 1st grade players. But seb burfitt (former subbies rep) and pat burfitt are guns too and so there are going to be some good players looking for a new club next year whichever way it goes.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some interesting news spreading about redfield. im hearing they are all but giving up 1st grade and will concentrate on 3s similar to last year dropping blokes this week as it allows them to qualify.

As for Epping a meeting between key figures was held on Saturday night with some heated discussions resulting in McGee leaving early. With their 2s out of contention will be interesting to see if McGee is dropped to 3s. Without him their 1s are no chance.

LC Bernie

Frank Row (1)

Mate, if youse* are looking at getting a hedge up and running for next year my green thumb would suggest you have left it too late. If you are going to attract players with a hedge you need at least a two year program, and that's for a single layer, not a multi-layered hedge. It's not something you can bash out in a few months, like a Colts program.
But most importantly, it can be an extreme financial strain on any club trying to grow this much needed asset, I would highly recommend, to cover the club against any unforseen costs, a.................hedge fund.

*Copyright Jeff Fenech 1986

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Some interesting news spreading about redfield. im hearing they are all but giving up 1st grade and will concentrate on 3s similar to last year dropping blokes this week as it allows them to qualify.

Redfields run home
4th in 1s and face 1st, 6th, 7th and 8th
4th in 2s and face 1st, 2nd, 6th and 8th
4th in 3s and face 1st, 2nd, 6th and 8th
Interesting strategy if they are giving up on 1s and 2s. Makes a farce of the comp. subbies need to bring in rule around if you play 7 or more games in a grade you can only appear in semis one grade below. I.e only 2nd graders who have over 7 games in the grade could drop to 3rds. Redfield may just find themselves in the 1st grade semis by default as they could well beat the others who might be doing the same thing.

Josefa To-mummy

Frank Row (1)

As for Epping a meeting between key figures was held on Saturday night with some heated discussions resulting in McGee leaving early. With their 2s out of contention will be interesting to see if McGee is dropped to 3s. Without him their 1s are no chance.

Interesting. Sounds like tensions are high at Epping. I also heard that Mac Uni are splashing some cash on an ex-NRL player. Anyone heard more on that?

Let's wait and see but I'm not sure Redfield will drop their 1s players. Apparently another Burfitt brother plays 3rd grade and while he has some sway in the club is seen as pretty divisive. Dare say they won't want to upset the apple cart.

C.Dark

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting. Sounds like tensions are high at Epping

Well Josefa, not here to pull anyones push pins but...
A little birdie mentioned an associate of iggies (possible ex epping player) by the name of wilson may have found himself in a little bit of drama with the old bill regarding an incident involving an epping life member.
Does this cement claims of epping rams player problems running deeper than first thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.