• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefa To-mummy

Frank Row (1)

Thanks C Dark, sounds like Wilson has a case to answer. It appears both Epping and Redfield are in a lot of turmoil. I also heard that one of the Redfield fellas, David Casey, got into a blue with one of their colts players at a popular night spot in Beecroft on Saturday night. Don't expect Casey to play this weekend, I think the club has banned him for a week.

Josefa To-mummy

Frank Row (1)
Mac Uni??? I'm just cleaning coffee from my monitor.

My mate works on the sports executive at Mac Uni. They just gave big grants to the netball, touch footy, rugby club and university games association. The rugby club is now awash with cash and given they have always struggled for size I'm not surprised they are shopping around for a couple of boppers.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks C Dark, sounds like Wilson has a case to answer. It appears both Epping and Redfield are in a lot of turmoil. I also heard that one of the Redfield fellas, David Casey, got into a blue with one of their colts players at a popular night spot in Beecroft on Saturday night. Don't expect Casey to play this weekend, I think the club has banned him for a week.

The going on at these two clubs is something out of Young and the Restless. Are they all inbred?

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
My mate works on the sports executive at Mac Uni. They just gave big grants to the netball, touch footy, rugby club and university games association. The rugby club is now awash with cash and given they have always struggled for size I'm not surprised they are shopping around for a couple of boppers.

Could there be some possible confusion as Mac Uni also has a league side?

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
The going on at these two clubs is something out of Young and the Restless. Are they all inbred?
I would say most clubs have a little in fighting. Selection process, guys not training, blokes just wanting to run around in lower grades. If subbies rugby wasn't in such a sad state I would be telling blokes (like McGee, like Burfit) to get lost. Go to Shute shield if you think you are bigger then subbies rugby.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Given the vast disparity in results this year I think the divisions for next year will look a lot different. Thoughts?

Div 1 Drummonyne, Mosman, Petersham, Waverley, Colleagues, Knox, St Pats and Hunters Hill (promoted)
Div 2 Hawkesbury Ag (just), Blue Mountains, UNSW, Forest, Hills, Lindfield, Epping (promoted) Beecroft
Div 3 Barker, Iggies, Redfield, St Ives, Newport, Brothers, Hawkesbury Valley, Oatley (promoted)
Div 4 Blacktown, Canterbury, Quinns, Irish, Briars, Mac Uni, Lane Cove, Rouse Hill
Div 5 unchanged
Div 6 unchanged

Any new clubs in sight?

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Given the vast disparity in results this year I think the divisions for next year will look a lot different. Thoughts?

Div 1 Drummonyne, Mosman, Petersham, Waverley, Colleagues, Knox, St Pats and Hunters Hill (promoted)
Div 2 Hawkesburyg Ag (just), Blue Mountains, UNSW, Forest, Hills, Lindfield, Epping (promoted) Beecroft
Div 3 Barker, Iggies, Redfield, St Ives, Newport, Brothers, Hawkesbury Valley, Oatley (promoted)
Div 4 Blacktown, Canterbury, Quinns, Irish, Briars, Mac Uni, Lane Cove, Rouse Hill
Div 5 unchanged
Div 6 unchanged

Any new clubs in sight?

For some of those clubs it will really depend on colts. Doesn't look like Waverley will field a colts team again this year, with HAC looking similar and St Ives in Div 3 having their issues. I think they need pretty sold proof of their ability to field a team to stay in their current divisions.

Also can't see, where to Balmain end up?

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
For some of those clubs it will really depend on colts. Doesn't look like Waverley will field a colts team again this year, with HAC looking similar and St Ives in Div 3 having their issues. I think they need pretty sold proof of their ability to field a team to stay in their current divisions.

Also can't see, where to Balmain end up?

Missed them. They will be demoted. If that sets off a chain reaction I would expect to see Hawkesbury Ag drop back and St Ives to also drop back.

S

Saint Yves

Missed them. They will be demoted. If that sets off a chain reaction I would expect to see Hawkesbury Ag drop back and St Ives to also drop back.

How about since we are struggling for Colts teams everywhere, we have an official Boat Race team instead. And the winner gets points to club championships. So for instance we forfeited Colts on the weekend but we destroyed Epping in the Boat Race so we should get Club Champs points for that. It will also encourage more people to stick around for speeches if they had to for the good of the club & therefore it is also beneficial for the social aspects of all clubs as it is sad to see noone from opposing teams turn up to speeches.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)

I was under the impression Hawkesbury Valley are looking to drop back to Div 4. I cannot see Brothers surviving another yeaar in Div 3 with only 40 players (20 of them well over 40 who have gallantly come out of retirement to help save the club). The hired help might get them through to seasons end this year but history says it always ends in tears.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
I was under the impression Hawkesbury Valley are looking to drop back to Div 4. I cannot see Brothers surviving another yeaar in Div 3 with only 40 players (20 of them well over 40 who have gallantly come out of retirement to help save the club). The hired help might get them through to seasons end this year but history says it always ends in tears.

On the money there Heavy. History also suggests Subbies seem very reluctant to force teams down and would much prefer them survive on their knees.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
How about since we are struggling for Colts teams everywhere, we have an official Boat Race team instead. And the winner gets points to club championships. So for instance we forfeited Colts on the weekend but we destroyed Epping in the Boat Race so we should get Club Champs points for that. It will also encourage more people to stick around for speeches if they had to for the good of the club & therefore it is also beneficial for the social aspects of all clubs as it is sad to see noone from opposing teams turn up to speeches.

NAAAAHHH

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Stuck at my desk just day dreaming about what I don't have....
0086cef1a7fe812bdae19eaa764879a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
For some of those clubs it will really depend on colts.

They Need To Go Division 4. They Lost Tarrant Cup 87 Nil On Saturday.

C.Dark

Bob McCowan (2)

Not here to peel back your king prawn Josefa but...

Maybe the moneys coming in from birchgrove bes' untapped Japanese investors?
If this is true and they can market correctly i suspect a mac uni five dragons 1st 15 may be on the boil! Mr McGoo might be wise to sit on his hands before signing anything solid with lane cove.

Status
Not open for further replies.