• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tips

Div 1
St Pats vs BALMAIN - The muzzled wolves have shown good form in beating Drummoyne and pushing Shammies last two starts. Think they will win well.
Drummoyne vs WHALES - Mosman can make it two straight loses for the Dirty reds.
PETERSHAM vs Colleagues - SHAMMIES too strong at home.
WAVERLEY vs Knox - a nothing game which will mean more to Waverley.

Div 2
Beecroft - MOUNTAINS - Think Mountains will reignite their finals campaign in this must win game.
HAC vs Hunters - Moitivation is the key in this game. HH have the minor premiership locked up and HAC at home may be the difference.
Lindfield vs HILLS - old soldier has had a big campaign and will fall short against a HILLS side who can smell finals footy.
Forest vs UNSW - HILLS touched up the men in green at Melwood last start and I expect UNSW to do the same. The season cannot end quicker enough for Forest higher grades and with a last start away game against Mountains expect cricket scores.

Div 3
BROTHER$ vs Hawkesbury - if they did Iggies by 30 last week this could be ugly.
NEWPORT vs Bobs - My upset of the round. Bobs have never enjoyed much luck at Porters and hearing Newport have a few returning. 2nd grade will be a cracker with both teams needing a must win.
St Ives vs IGGIES - to much on the line for IGGIEs not to win this and they will win well.
EPPING vs Redfield - MOTY - huge game and all eyes will be on Fuseport to see how this progresses. RAMS have been the benchmark all year, have overcome supposed coaching and player turmoil, and will be too strong in the forwards for Redfield.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
I'm hearing now after failing to get the Epping halfbacks signature, Lane Cove have focused their attention on getting Boppa to come over and lead their ship next year..

Is Boppa the Whooper (et al.) that everyone is talking about or is it someone different??

I cant fathom how Lane Cove have failed in securing the #9 from Epping given all the instability and issues. Surely if the Lane Cove guys are looking for a successful 2018 season they can't be going after the coach who appears to have caused all the instability? BUT then again, as ive said in the past there could be much much more going on behind the scenes at Epping. This is like our very own Days of Our Lives saga!

Ill be very interested to see it all in first person myself when I head down to watch them play Redfield, even if it means I have to leave the safety and security of my North Shore suburb. Ill pop in to Lane Cove's ground too so I can do a visual comparison and make my mind up for myself around whose ground is better. Will update on Monday, stay tuned.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Heavyd, I have a feeling you will be correct about the Breakers vs BOBs game. Although I hope I am wrong!

Tips

Div 1
St Pats vs BALMAIN - The muzzled wolves have shown good form in beating Drummoyne and pushing Shammies last two starts. Think they will win well.
Drummoyne vs WHALES - Mosman can make it two straight loses for the Dirty reds.
PETERSHAM vs Colleagues - SHAMMIES too strong at home.
WAVERLEY vs Knox - a nothing game which will mean more to Waverley.

Div 2
Beecroft - MOUNTAINS - Think Mountains will reignite their finals campaign in this must win game.
HAC vs Hunters - Moitivation is the key in this game. HH have the minor premiership locked up and HAC at home may be the difference.
Lindfield vs HILLS - old soldier has had a big campaign and will fall short against a HILLS side who can smell finals footy.
Forest vs UNSW - HILLS touched up the men in green at Melwood last start and I expect UNSW to do the same. The season cannot end quicker enough for Forest higher grades and with a last start away game against Mountains expect cricket scores.

Div 3
BROTHER$ vs Hawkesbury - if they did Iggies by 30 last week this could be ugly.
NEWPORT vs Bobs - My upset of the round. Bobs have never enjoyed much luck at Porters and hearing Newport have a few returning. 2nd grade will be a cracker with both teams needing a must win.
St Ives vs IGGIES - to much on the line for IGGIEs not to win this and they will win well.
EPPING vs Redfield - MOTY - huge game and all eyes will be on Fuseport to see how this progresses. RAMS have been the benchmark all year, have overcome supposed coaching and player turmoil, and will be too strong in the forwards for Redfield.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 finals confirmed as per recent post: Week 1 - TG, Weeks 2 & 3 - Wills Ground.

Would love to be at Wills today to see Canterbury take on Oatley. Opportunity for Canterbury to leapfrog them in every Grade if they get it right.

If Canterbury win, Blacktown go to top spot in Firsts (forfeit by Rouse Hill guarantees them 5 pts) and will travel to Waterloo next week to try and take another Minor Premiership. If Oatley win, they've got a home game to take the Minor Premiership.

So any of three clubs could claim that honour. You'd have to say Blacktown in the box seat though.

In Second Grade, you'd pretty much assume - on form - Irish will beat Briars today in County Coogee, and probably Oatley the week after. Minor Premiers

Oatley Thirds are lock-ins for the Minor Premiership. I haven't seen them but Canterbury described them as one of the biggest Third Grade sides they'd seen.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Referee at Somerville is dead set ruining a great game of Colts rugby here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Well the Radford Cup didn't go as planned. Congratulations to Colleagues who deserved their premiership today. They were stronger than I anticipated and blew out to 29-5. We clawed our way back to 29-19 and with momentum building had a critical penalty against us when in possession. Colleagues ran away with it 48-26 and were the better team to win the first trophy of 2017.

Well done to our boys anyway, a big effort to try and back up from last year.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Epping, On Behalf Of All Clubs In the Top 4, Can You Please Not Beat Redfield Next Week?

If Brothers Make The Finals, They Will Win The Competition.
So Hurlo... Epping didn't do you the favour you wished for. Where to now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
With Canterbury getting up today in all three Grades, the Div 4 finals race just got very interesting.

Blacktown may take the minor premiership in Firsts with a win at Waterloo next weekend, but Canterbury are now surely favourites for the Club Championship with a 43-point lead over Blacktown, and a trip to Briars unlikely to trouble them much. Bonus points could still decide it.

Harlequins will be sweating on the Irish trip to HV Evatt to see if they get into 4th. Would mean they play Blacktown 2 weeks in a row, and they won't be able to go open selection like the Warriors.

With Canterbury getting up today in all three Grades, the Div 4 finals race just got very interesting.

Blacktown may take the minor premiership in Firsts with a win at Waterloo next weekend, but Canterbury are now surely favourites for the Club Championship with a 43-point lead over Blacktown, and a trip to Briars unlikely to trouble them much. Bonus points could still decide it.

Harlequins will be sweating on the Irish trip to HV Evatt to see if they get into 4th. Would mean they play Blacktown 2 weeks in a row, and they won't be able to go open selection like the Warriors.
The Irish/Oately game means nothing to Quinns or Irish surely as the bonus point win v Briars today sealed finals for Irish, the only team it can benefit is Oately for preliminary finals so expect Irish to rest some bodies before finals and then take berries/Blacktown by storm...everyone loves an underdog

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
For Second Grade I meant.

Oatley are in fourth, one point ahead of Quins. If Oatley lose against Irish and Quins win, Oatley miss finals for second grade and miss open selection for all grades.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Div 3 games to watch

1st grade. Redfield vs Brothers for 4th place
2nd grade. Newport vs Iggies for minor premiership
Saints vs BOBs for place in minor semi
3rd grade. Newport vs Iggies for major semi spot.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
So Hurlo. Epping didn't do you the favour you wished for. Where to now?

Brothers To Beat In This Order Redfield , Iggies , Barker And Then Epping (Though Epping Are The Only Side To Beat Them In The Backhalf Of The Season).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Call has gone out - last game of the year, and at home. I'm putting on what is effectively an Old Boys Day against Mac Uni, and a few have come out of the woodwork (I said "free food").

So far, so good. Should get two games on for the last day of the year for us. At least we'll be able to finish on a high.

After that, Presentation Night on the 26th, then a month to catch my breath before the AGM.

Recruitment is the key. Got to beat the other bloody codes into submission through sheer bloody-minded hard work.

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
What an exciting last 2 round finish to Div 3! Only first place is locked in, with another 5 teams in the mix for the other 3 spots.
The big questions are:
Can St Ives win their last 2 games with bonus points to give themselves a sniff?
Do subbies have the bottle to review Brothers late season pickups?
Can BOB’s hang on to second place?
Can Redfield pull out a win against the rampant Rams, and Iggies win one of their last 2 to lock out Brothers?
Can the Rams keep on winning even with the antics of Whopper and his fractured relationship with his team?

So many good games over the next 2 rounds that it’s hard to decide which one to watch!

Most results as expected in Div 3 on Saturday, and a couple of questions answered.
St Ives were no where near good enough and are out of the finals hunt.
Bobs had a good win to keep them in second place, and with Epping already assured of the minor premiership, both Iggies and Bobs would be expecting wins next week, so there shouldn't be any change to 2nd and 3rd place for finals.
The biggest game of Div 3 next week will be Redfield v Brothers, with the winner slotting onto 4th place. It's hard to draw any conclusions on Brothers form last week, winning at home against Valley, and I had planned on going to the Epping V Redfield game but didn't make it so not sure if Epping were very good or Redfield were having on off day. If anyone was there, could you please give a report of the game, and also an Indication of Whopper's sideline behaviour.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Eagerly awaiting tips from the "Gurus" this week... and to see if the weekend's results have changed their finals predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.