• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
That doesn't surprise me at all.

In my observations through the years, players across grades aren't that solid for each other.

Agree. More and more now, many teams are clubs within clubs, if that makes sense. Makes it a nightmare for coaches as the lower grade coach picks players who wont back up or come up when asked, so then they don't get a look at the players who will to know if theyre capable.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Division 3 Semi Finals For Next Week:

1st Grade (Winner To Play Epping)
Iggies Vs Barker - Two Blockbuster Games Already This Year That Were Both Decided In The Final Stages. In Round 1 We Kicked A Late Penalty Goal To Win 27-25, While In Round 2 They Scored At The Death To Win 26-25. Momentum Is Great In Suburban Rugby, And After Yesterday I Can't See How Barker Can Possibly Recover. I Tip Iggies By 15.

2nd Grade (Winner To Play Newport)
Iggies Vs St Ives - Iggies May Have Lost 2s Yesterday Against A Huge Newport Outfit, But There Are No Fans Lost In That Display. St Ives Did Not Appear Anywhere Near The Side That We Played 2 Weeks Ago And I Expect Iggies To Set Up A Blockbuster Grand Final With Newport In 2 Weeks. Iggies By 10.

3rd Grade (Winner To Play Epping)
Iggies Vs Newport - Another Blockbuster Battle Against Old Foes Newport For Iggies. Both Had Tough Semis Yesterday And A Week Ago Very Little Could Separate The Sides. Similar To The Farrant Semi, We Have The Structure And They Have The Big Man Game. I Say Us By A Nose, But Anything Could Happen In This One. Iggies By 3.

Colts (Winner To Play Redfield)
Iggies Vs Barker - Two Impressive Semi Finals Yesterday. Redfield Are The Premiership Favourites And The 26-15 Scoreline Yesterday Was Perhaps Closer Than It Actually Was. Barker Steamrolled Epping, But I Think Iggies Have To Much Around The Ruck And Outwide. Iggies Won By 40 In Round 9 When They Last Met, And I Did Not See Much Difference In Barker Yesterday. Iggies By 20.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Division 3 Semi Finals For Next Week:

1st Grade (Winner To Play Epping)
Iggies Vs Barker - Two Blockbuster Games Already This Year That Were Both Decided In The Final Stages. In Round 1 We Kicked A Late Penalty Goal To Win 27-25, While In Round 2 They Scored At The Death To Win 26-25. Momentum Is Great In Suburban Rugby, And After Yesterday I Can't See How Barker Can Possibly Recover. I Tip Iggies By 15.

2nd Grade (Winner To Play Newport)
Iggies Vs St Ives - Iggies May Have Lost 2s Yesterday Against A Huge Newport Outfit, But There Are No Fans Lost In That Display. St Ives Did Not Appear Anywhere Near The Side That We Played 2 Weeks Ago And I Expect Iggies To Set Up A Blockbuster Grand Final With Newport In 2 Weeks. Iggies By 10.

3rd Grade (Winner To Play Epping)
Iggies Vs Newport - Another Blockbuster Battle Against Old Foes Newport For Iggies. Both Had Tough Semis Yesterday And A Week Ago Very Little Could Separate The Sides. Similar To The Farrant Semi, We Have The Structure And They Have The Big Man Game. I Say Us By A Nose, But Anything Could Happen In This One. Iggies By 3.

Colts (Winner To Play Redfield)
Iggies Vs Barker - Two Impressive Semi Finals Yesterday. Redfield Are The Premiership Favourites And The 26-15 Scoreline Yesterday Was Perhaps Closer Than It Actually Was. Barker Steamrolled Epping, But I Think Iggies Have To Much Around The Ruck And Outwide. Iggies Won By 40 In Round 9 When They Last Met, And I Did Not See Much Difference In Barker Yesterday. Iggies By 20.

Hurlo should be a massive day at TG Milner for the Red men in 2 weeks if the above plays out. based on what I saw yesterday it's very possible.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I Am Very Confident Our Colts And 2nds Can Get The Job Done Next Week. Our 2nds Were Upbeat After The Loss Yesterday. It Was A Epic Encounter And I Am Sure Many Fans Are Salivating At The Prospect Of The Final Battle In 2 Weeks Times Against Newport, Should We Progress Through Next Week.

1s And 3s Will Have To Fight Very Hard Though. What Are Your Thoughts?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I Am Very Confident Our Colts And 2nds Can Get The Job Done Next Week. Our 2nds Were Upbeat After The Loss Yesterday. It Was A Epic Encounter And I Am Sure Many Fans Are Salivating At The Prospect Of The Final Battle In 2 Weeks Times Against Newport, Should We Progress Through Next Week.

1s And 3s Will Have To Fight Very Hard Though. What Are Your Thoughts?[/quote

I think you can get all teams into the GF but I sorry but don't think you'll win any of them.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
What happened to Hunters Hill on Saturday? They got mauled.

I left before it started but heard in 1s they just couldn't find a way to score points, it looks like they had a few out in 1s from the team sheet. If some of those guys are back this week I'd expect them to get over the line against UNSW this week.

In 2s they never really looked in the hunt. That's a funny grade this year, apart from Beecroft there hasn't really been a standout team. I'd expect Lindfield to do the same to Hunters as they did to Blue Mountains and progress to the GF.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
The thing about HAC is that their 2nd grade were very unlucky all year losing a heap of games by less than 7 points. They win their fair share and they wouldn't have been down the bottom of the club championship. Their colts and lower grades were terrible due to numbers and travel but their 2nds were a good side

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
There's no way HAC can justify staying up in Div. 2.. Forfeited 6 of the last 8 Colts Games and Forfeited 3 4th Grade Games

Yes winning a 1st Grade grand final is the ultimate but when the rest of the club is finishing dead last in each of their respective grades then some questions need to be asked. They might as well just play in Div. 6 if they want to purely and utterly concentrate on 1st Grade

They could of had the numbers but decide to run with a 4-5 man bench in 1st grade forcing others to double up

I think they need to have a few years of proving they can keep a colts team going in Div 3 before they can come back up

St George did do that I believe in 2013 they won Div 3 Clark Cup then capitulated and haven't had a side since in any competition since

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was talking to people at hac and they said the problem they have with colts is that they cant get their Under 21s to commit. They'd prefer to be on the drink and have other things to do then play rugby on sat. They have a heap of 22 and 23 year old blokes but just not under 21. Plus they have a huge female population of students at hawkesbury

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Plus most of their forfeits in colts were during the uni holidays, hard if they are low of numbers for under 21s, with poor commitment and then uni break on top.

Also they only forfieted 1 game in 4ths, guessing again due to uni break.

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
There is to many forfeits and clubs must merge for sustsinability. I would suggest

Rouse hill and uwsh - yeah renegades
barker old boys and Newport - Newport old boys
Balmain and Drummoyne - Drummoyne muzzled wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.