• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
DIV 3

EPPING vs Barker - EPPING have been the best and most consistant team all year having lost one game back in round 4 to IGGIES. Despite all the reported season dramas they will be crowned deserving Premiers. Bobs can be proud of their season and will give it their all but the gap to Epping is just to large. Epping by 12

NEWPORT vs Iggies - Two evenly matched teams should put on a thriller. Is it better to play the final or have the week off? Lets see if last weeks arm wrestle with Saints have Iggies battle hardened or will the Breakers fresh legs make the difference late. Newport by 5.

Redfield vs IGGIES - I'm going the upset with this one as I liked what I saw of the IGGIEs forwards and if they can maintain possession and deny Redfield backs to many opportunities I think they are a chance. IGGIEs by 3

NEWPORT vs Epping - Another upset is on the cards here with Newport building momentum and injury free. Newport had their chances in the major and didn't capitalise, this week I think they will. Epping are big men and will be brutal upfront but my gut says upset. Newport by 5
Epping
Newport
Redfield
Epping

Sorry Iggies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'd love to get to Wills to see Canterbury try for the clean sweep.

Value for money is probably Concord though - Div 2 GFs, 7 clubs playing from 9AM

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Division 5 has been moved to Forshaw Rugby Park. Guessing that would be fairly close to you.
No word on whether DJ Smuggler will be spinning discs.

Who's DJ smuggler?

Don't know if I can stomach watching them win another comp.

I'm asking in terms of what's gonna be a great match. Never really seen any other divisions.

I'd duck down and watch Wollongong if they didn't fist me for $8 a beer.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Subbies still has David Phillips listed for Div 5. Any reason for the move?

Might have something to do with the fact that David Phillips No. 1 was a goat track when the Div 2 semis were played there 2 weeks ago. Despite the newness of the UNSW facilities the playing surface was in a disgraceful state.

The poor condition of the pitch was made all the more enjoyable by the cyclonic winds & the subsequent waves of dust & sand they whipped up for 80mins! Interesting to note that UNSW No. 2 was fine having been oversown with rye grass but No.1 was bloody ordinary!

Alas whilst we HAC blokes might be mere humble country folk compared to our hoity - toity book learning brethen from Daceyville at least we can grow grass!

breakermorant

Frank Row (1)
As an old breakers boy I might be a bit biased, but feeling a 2nds and 3rds premiership is inevitable tomorrow with our late charge to the finals injury-free.

Epping and Iggies for 1s and colts.

Carn' Newport!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
DIV 2 Grand Finals

1st Grade - Barraclough Cup

Hunters Hill v UWSH- Well the 2 best teams in the competition all year are rightfully playing off for the chance at premiership glory. Hunters Hill a clinical, structured side that wears down their opposition and UWSH that are a big, physical, fast and innovative team who will look to keep the ball alive. It has the makings to be a cracker! Last 2 outings UWSH have belted Hunters but I feel it will be a much closer affair tomorrow. UWSH to win this one with a kick in the last few minutes I think

2nd Grade- Stockdale Cup

Beecroft v Lindfield- Again should be a cracker, Beecroft looked extremely dominate in the major semi same with Lindfield. But Lindfield needed to work extremely hard this week and one feels that they may have played their Grand Final last week after having to kick a penalty goal after the bell to win it. Beecroft in a tight one

Colts - Robertson Cup

Lindfield v UNSW- This will be an interesting game, UNSW showed last week that they can match with Lindfield when they physically outmuscled and outclassed Forest. Lindfield have been the benchmark all year and haven't lost a game will this have an effect on the outcome tomorrow? I don't think so think they should run away with it late in the game Lindfield by 12

3rd Grade - Blunt Cup

Hunters Hill v Hills- What a clash of style here. Hunters Hill the young fit fast team taking on the massive pack of Hills. I feel if the ball gets wide look out for Hills but if they keep it tight and play direct they can make some inroads as they did in the major semi. this will be close but i feel the boys from Boronia will get home late

4th Grade - Richardson Cup

Forest v Hills- Another 1 v 2 Clash and the old rivalry between these 2 teams continues. They have played each other 2 years ago in the same fixture. Semi final Forest played the conditions perfectly with their kicking game with the wing and their bug experienced forwards. Hills in the preliminary finals were electric scoring some cracking tries. This again should live up to a grand final standard and I feel Hills with conditions suiting running rugby will scrape home here and win their 3 Grand Final in a row

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
2nd Grade- Stockdale Cup

Beecroft v Lindfield- Again should be a cracker, Beecroft looked extremely dominate in the major semi same with Lindfield. But Lindfield needed to work extremely hard this week and one feels that they may have played their Grand Final last week after having to kick a penalty goal after the bell to win it. Beecroft in a tight one

My 2nd Grade Player of 2016 in that Beecroft lineup :(

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
3rd Division Tips.

1s - Epping
2s - Newport
Colts - Redfield
3s - Newport

I Would Be Happy To Be Proven Wrong Though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.