• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rd man in

Frank Nicholson (4)
DIV 2 Grand Finals

1st Grade - Barraclough Cup

Hunters Hill v UWSH- Well the 2 best teams in the competition all year are rightfully playing off for the chance at premiership glory. Hunters Hill a clinical, structured side that wears down their opposition and UWSH that are a big, physical, fast and innovative team who will look to keep the ball alive. It has the makings to be a cracker! Last 2 outings UWSH have belted Hunters but I feel it will be a much closer affair tomorrow. UWSH to win this one with a kick in the last few minutes I think

2nd Grade- Stockdale Cup

Beecroft v Lindfield- Again should be a cracker, Beecroft looked extremely dominate in the major semi same with Lindfield. But Lindfield needed to work extremely hard this week and one feels that they may have played their Grand Final last week after having to kick a penalty goal after the bell to win it. Beecroft in a tight one

Colts - Robertson Cup

Lindfield v UNSW- This will be an interesting game, UNSW showed last week that they can match with Lindfield when they physically outmuscled and outclassed Forest. Lindfield have been the benchmark all year and haven't lost a game will this have an effect on the outcome tomorrow? I don't think so think they should run away with it late in the game Lindfield by 12

3rd Grade - Blunt Cup

Hunters Hill v Hills- What a clash of style here. Hunters Hill the young fit fast team taking on the massive pack of Hills. I feel if the ball gets wide look out for Hills but if they keep it tight and play direct they can make some inroads as they did in the major semi. this will be close but i feel the boys from Boronia will get home late

4th Grade - Richardson Cup

Forest v Hills- Another 1 v 2 Clash and the old rivalry between these 2 teams continues. They have played each other 2 years ago in the same fixture. Semi final Forest played the conditions perfectly with their kicking game with the wing and their bug experienced forwards. Hills in the preliminary finals were electric scoring some cracking tries. This again should live up to a grand final standard and I feel Hills with conditions suiting running rugby will scrape home here and win their 3 Grand Final in a row
The veteran proving veteran status here... 5/5... can you pick my lotto numbers?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Huge punch up between epping players at epping hotel. 1st grade coach has been told to ply his trade elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wow.

Great couple of games at canterbury(didn't see 3rd grade but it was close too)

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Any good fences in Div 2 for 2018 brains trust??
Asking for a friend ;)

UNSW - tall but not pretty
HAC - best of the lot but not Tantallon level
Blueys - too far from the field to count
Lindfield - wire netting but pretty cool gates
Hills & Forest - no fence, rumour has it Hills want to build a big one to keep Connal happy.
Beecroft - Can't decide what they want, some stone, some wire netting and some colourbond over the back.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Was out at the Div 2 Grand Finals on Saturday and their were some cracking games

4th Grade- Hills were behind 11-0 at Half Time and came out like a house on fire in the 2nd Half and Blew the Forest boys away winning 26-18

3rd Grade- Hunters Hill were a class above as I said in my tips the young fit boys ran the Old Massive Hills pack around and ran out convincing winner 31-10

Colts- Courageous effort by Lindfield who had Red Card early doors. UNSW needed to keep it tight but continued to try and go wide and were dominated when they did. Best team all year with an undefeated record. Final Score 18-17

2nd Grade- Another cracking game with Beecroft coming out the winners. Beecroft came out strong and with about 20min to go were leading 26-8. Beecroft shut up shop and Lindfield came right back into it. Lindfield had a chance to steal it at the death but their winger dropped it cold with no one in front and a 10m to travel after the bell a sounded- Final Score 26-22

1st Grade- Lived up to the high standard that was expected. Both teams exchanged early penalties and HAC looked the much better side in the 1st half. 2nd Half was a different story with Hunters Hill the much more deserving team to win it. the game was played down in HAC's 22 for much of the 2nd Half but they couldn't quiet convert. Hunters Hill had a Kick to win it from 40m out on the 5m Line but dropped short. Both teams made a lot of changes which disrupted each team every time it happened Final Score 15-13 HAC

Side note to that story HAC Fijian Substitute winger laid down and pretended to be injured after being stood up and stepped clean by Hunters Hills Loose head Prop. Play carried on for a number of phases as he laid there embarrassed in mine and a lot of his own crowds opinion "faking" and injury. He was only on the field for a matter of minutes when this happened and was replaced immediately

All in all great day of Grand Finals, Concord Oval was a wonderful Host but will need to improve a few things for next year to keep the punters happy eg BBQ and Coffee Start times. Wouldn't want to be in Div 1 Grand Finals this week at Milner as it looks a disgrace! No Grass areas and nothing but sand and dirt everywhere

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Congratulations to the EPPING RAMS who were deserved Premiers in 2017. Sounds like you ended a tumultuous season in style with a good old fashion player punch up.

Well done Iggies on securing the Farrant Cup. Newport will be very disappointed having saved their worst performance of the year for the GF. Iggies number 7 hand a barnstorming game and denied a frustrated Newport any momentum.

Redfield Colts were always in control against a gallant Iggies and their 9 and 10 were both very impressive. Sadly I don’t think many Redfield supporters were there to see it? Maybe they were I and thought they were Iggies fans.

Newport 3rd grade caused a boil over defeating a large Epping side whom had lost only 1 game all year. This game featured plenty of big hits, big contact and two bell ringing head highs which saw 2 RAMs warm the benches for 10.

I think subbies would be happy with the overall crowd with both Newport and Iggies turning up in numbers closely followed by the Epping Rams fight club. Was plenty more there than the next day for the NRC which looked a quarter of the size.

Enjoy the off season.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Congratulations to the EPPING RAMS who were deserved Premiers in 2017. Sounds like you ended a tumultuous season in style with a good old fashion player punch up.

Well done Iggies on securing the Farrant Cup. Newport will be very disappointed having saved their worst performance of the year for the GF. Iggies number 7 hand a barnstorming game and denied a frustrated Newport any momentum.

Redfield Colts were always in control against a gallant Iggies and their 9 and 10 were both very impressive. Sadly I don’t think many Redfield supporters were there to see it? Maybe they were I and thought they were Iggies fans.

Newport 3rd grade caused a boil over defeating a large Epping side whom had lost only 1 game all year. This game featured plenty of big hits, big contact and two bell ringing head highs which saw 2 RAMs warm the benches for 10.

I think subbies would be happy with the overall crowd with both Newport and Iggies turning up in numbers closely followed by the Epping Rams fight club. Was plenty more there than the next day for the NRC which looked a quarter of the size.

Enjoy the off season.

Redfield had about 7 supporters there.

Newport 2nds let themselves down a bit with dropped ball and missed line outs. It was a cracking game!!

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
1st Grade- Lived up to the high standard that was expected. Both teams exchanged early penalties and HAC looked the much better side in the 1st half. 2nd Half was a different story with Hunters Hill the much more deserving team to win it. the game was played down in HAC's 22 for much of the 2nd Half but they couldn't quiet convert. Hunters Hill had a Kick to win it from 40m out on the 5m Line but dropped short. Both teams made a lot of changes which disrupted each team every time it happened Final Score 15-13 HAC

I thought HH were horribly cynical in their play for the whole game, so many penalties within their own red zone with the ref being reluctant to go for a card. Offside for large portions of the second half too, to the point where defenders were lining up in line with the middle of a ruck.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone heard anything on the grapevine of comp restructure for next year? Or thinking it will be the same promotion and relegation situation

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone heard anything on the grapevine of comp restructure for next year? Or thinking it will be the same promotion and relegation situation

Brothers are definitely getting relegated even though they finished 2nd last. That might keep Hawkesbury Valley in Div 3.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)

Enjoy the off season.

Mate, deadset are you off your head? Did you get your crowd figures off fusesport like everything else all season or were you actually at the ground all day and watching the matches?
I was the first one there and almost the last to leave last Saturday and there is no way Newport had a bigger crowd than Epping. Epping dominated the crowd all day. I certainly will give huge props to Iggies who flooded the area when their guys were playing but the Epping boys and supporters were everywhere and they stayed all day, which is more than I can say for the other clubs. Those Epping Boys and their supporters are true believers in club rugby
Do the forum a favour next year, if you are going to be part of this and discuss rugby might actually be a good idea to turn up to games and watch some... just a thought

Kiko

Bob McCowan (2)
Mate, deadset are you off your head? Did you get your crowd figures off fusesport like everything else all season or were you actually at the ground all day and watching the matches?
I was the first one there and almost the last to leave last Saturday and there is no way Newport had a bigger crowd than Epping. Epping dominated the crowd all day. I certainly will give huge props to Iggies who flooded the area when their guys were playing but the Epping boys and supporters were everywhere and they stayed all day, which is more than I can say for the other clubs. Those Epping Boys and their supporters are true believers in club rugby
Do the forum a favour next year, if you are going to be part of this and discuss rugby might actually be a good idea to turn up to games and watch some. just a thought

Agreed - Heavyd, can you get out of your armchair next season please. Not sure if the Newport crowd presence was as 'heavy' as you may think.

Lol a chuckle.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Agreed - Heavyd, can you get out of your armchair next season please. Not sure if the Newport crowd presence was as 'heavy' as you may think.

Lol a chuckle.

Saw every game. Epping must have disappeared into the pokie room for a few hours. Enjoy DIV 2 boys.

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
How about the crap on this forum........

Absolute load of old shite!

I don't know who this skinny minny flog is, but I can tell you this 100%, there is not 1 ounce of truth in any of the crap that this bloke has written about the rams!

I don't know which club this prick is from, but writing crap on here about my club, my team and me as a coach is a weak act from a weak bloke.

I caught wind of this rubbish about 6 weeks ago but was too busy concentrating on getting my boys into the semis and ultimately winning the GF to worry about this piece of crap. But now I have some spare time on my hands..... my god.... what a load of crap I've read on here.

I can only assume he is an ex-player from the rams or a low-life from some other div 3 club who hasn't got the stones to to play rugby....

There were never any punch ups, never any chance that guys were leaving! Epping is one of the most harmonious clubs in subbies!

Piss off skinny minny. You're a flog!

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
How about the crap on this forum....

Absolute load of old shite!

I don't know who this skinny minny flog is, but I can tell you this 100%, there is not 1 ounce of truth in any of the crap that this bloke has written about the rams!

I don't know which club this prick is from, but writing crap on here about my club, my team and me as a coach is a weak act from a weak bloke.

I caught wind of this rubbish about 6 weeks ago but was too busy concentrating on getting my boys into the semis and ultimately winning the GF to worry about this piece of crap. But now I have some spare time on my hands... my god.. what a load of crap I've read on here.

I can only assume he is an ex-player from the rams or a low-life from some other div 3 club who hasn't got the stones to to play rugby..

There were never any punch ups, never any chance that guys were leaving! Epping is one of the most harmonious clubs in subbies!

Piss off skinny minny. You're a flog!
Lane Cove wont be happy, what use is a fence without a coach...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.