• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Heavyd, going to pick your club of the year from each div and overall club of the year?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty easy this year as don't think you can go past the Div winners. 1st Div Petersham 2nd Div HH 3rd Div Epping 4th DIV Canterbury 5th DIV Menai 6th Div Merrylands Club of the Year has to be Petersham. Winning 1sts and Colts and having 2s and 3s runners up. They are $1.01

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Pretty easy this year as don't think you can go past the Div winners. 1st Div Petersham 2nd Div HH 3rd Div Epping 4th DIV Canterbury 5th DIV Menai 6th Div Merrylands Club of the Year has to be Petersham. Winning 1sts and Colts and having 2s and 3s runners up. They are $1.01

What other awards are at the night? Player of each div... anything else?

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Is it true that the big blooper has been nominated for coach of the year?

He must have threatened to bash someone to get it sent through.

He's a bloody trainwreck

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
I can only comment on who I saw play in Div 1 but I will try to give you my tips for player of the year across all Divisions based on some chat on here. HeavyD, you may be able to help me out here as well. Div 1 Montgomery - Petersham - may miss out due to the Tedesco factor, being surrounded by superstars each week means he may lose points to team mates. If he does win, he will owe Mr Evans & Mr Mauiava-Taulealo some of his match payments as his back rowers made him look better than he is. Kelly - Colleagues - Consistently been in the top 2 or 3 players for years, not sure if 2017 was his best year but refs love him so will always bag points Sefo - Drummoyne - Led a strong Dirty Reds back row this year but may lose points to team mates as well. It always helps when you finish top 2 but he wasn't the strongest defender this year which will count against him as I think he led the missed tackles this year. Not sure if refs notice that or if they just notice the big bullocking charges. Fisher - Knox - May benefit from the Tedesco factor. Playing in a weaker team means he may stand out to refs. May consistently pick up 2 points a week even in losing games. May depend on if he picked up points in losing games against the top 4 or if Knox were brushed altogether. Tip - Montgomery should win as he is the 2nd best player on the team that won the comp. However I think his team mates will rob him of the medal & I will go for the refs favourite Mr Kelly.

2nd best player at Petersham?? Gimme a break. Incredible goal kicking machine.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Just a Subbies preso and that supposed train wreck of a coach just won Coach of the friggin Year. Don't know who was talking shit about nobody playing for him, clearly did something bloody right

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Shit presentation night, no best fence award, no best hedge award. Why did Lane Cove even turn up???

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shit pres
entation night, no best fence award, no best hedge award. Why did Lane Cove even turn up???

Mate, I just hope you are taking the p!$$ with that comment because if you're not, you have been totally disrespectful to one man who has given 60 years service to the game we love.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Mate, I just hope you are taking the p!$$ with that comment because if you're not, you have been totally disrespectful to one man who has given 60 years service to the game we love.
I'm sure he's well and truly taking the mickey here.... the Kelly is a great award and well deserving man was the rightful recipient last night.

Unlike that fat shit from Epping.... anyone could coach that team

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like HeavyD knows his rugby. I for one never doubted him. He knew that Newport would drop 1st graders & Colts into 3rd grade to take out Epping, however he didn't take that into account when picking 2nd grade. Iggies were able to bring on a 1st grade bench whereas Newport had to bring on 1st graders & Colts who had already played a previous game. Not sure how he got Redfield in Colts so wrong though? And Epping were always going to win once Iggies "prioritised" 2nd grade. I'd love to see HeavyD's predictions on how the relegated & promoted clubs will go next year? I know it's early days but I'm sure there will be some creative recruiting going on at some of these clubs already.

We Had 4 Teams Who Made It To The Week Before The Grand Final. From Those, 2 Progressed To The Grand Final (Colts and 2nd Grade), While Our 3rd and 1st Grade Went Within Inches Of Making The Grand Final. Our 3rd Grade Were Beaten By A Team Who Prioritised a 3rd Grade Premiership Over Their Dignity. While Our 1st Grade Were Eliminated As A Result Of A Draw - Thats How Close We Were To A Grand Final. While We Only Won The 1 Premiership, We Were In Every Competition To The End, And While Epping Deserved Their 1st Grade Premiership, I Believe They Would Say We Were The Only Team Who Actually Troubled Them In 2017 And Could Have Potentially Beaten Them. We Did Not Stack Our 2nd Grade Side, We Just Had A High Quality 2nd Grade Outfit That Would Be Competitive In 1st Grade. Our Teams Were Picked Sequentially And It Is A Testament To How Far The Club Has Come That Every Team Went Close To A Premiership. To Say We Were Stacked Is Completely Unfair To a Club That Played The Right Way All Year. The Clubs Main Priority This Year Was Definitely A 1st Grade Premiership, Which Is More Than I Can Say For The Other 2nd Grade Sides We Had To Beat Such As Newport And St Ives, Who Embarrassed Themselves In The Top Grade To Try And Win The Trophy.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
My Predictions For Club Of The Year.

1st Division - Petersham
2nd Division - Hawkesbury
3rd Division - Epping
4th Division - Canterbury
5th Division - Menai
6th Division - Manly

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
My Predictions For Club Of The Year.

1st Division - Petersham
2nd Division - Hawkesbury
3rd Division - Epping
4th Division - Canterbury
5th Division - Menai
6th Division - Manly
WOW did you copy this from the Subbies preso? Good predictions after the fact..... I think your early blow up was a bit 1 sided. Mate Iggies were an inform team but didn't capitalise when it counted. More power to you in 2018 cause I really think your contenders but pay off the whole stacked teams things

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
We Had 4 Teams Who Made It To The Week Before The Grand Final. From Those, 2 Progressed To The Grand Final (Colts and 2nd Grade), While Our 3rd and 1st Grade Went Within Inches Of Making The Grand Final. Our 3rd Grade Were Beaten By A Team Who Prioritised a 3rd Grade Premiership Over Their Dignity. While Our 1st Grade Were Eliminated As A Result Of A Draw - Thats How Close We Were To A Grand Final. While We Only Won The 1 Premiership, We Were In Every Competition To The End, And While Epping Deserved Their 1st Grade Premiership, I Believe They Would Say We Were The Only Team Who Actually Troubled Them In 2017 And Could Have Potentially Beaten Them. We Did Not Stack Our 2nd Grade Side, We Just Had A High Quality 2nd Grade Outfit That Would Be Competitive In 1st Grade. Our Teams Were Picked Sequentially And It Is A Testament To How Far The Club Has Come That Every Team Went Close To A Premiership. To Say We Were Stacked Is Completely Unfair To a Club That Played The Right Way All Year. The Clubs Main Priority This Year Was Definitely A 1st Grade Premiership, Which Is More Than I Can Say For The Other 2nd Grade Sides We Had To Beat Such As Newport And St Ives, Who Embarrassed Themselves In The Top Grade To Try And Win The Trophy.

Relax Hurlo Birchgrove has hit your hot buttons.

Not sure why Newport is getting collateral damage for making a couple of GFs.

3rd grade had 3 blokes over 50 and another 6 over 40. It was basically an old 4th grade side from a few years back in Div 2 + some young blokes who couldn't commit to training two nights a week.

2nd grade were beaten by a better team on the day and I'm sure will admit mentally they would approach that game again if given the chance. Not sure why Bichgrove is firing of the stacked Cali, against Iggies. We certainly aren't.

Newport asked to go down a DIv this year after 11 1st graders retired. After an early 3 wins at home injury, travel and suspension deflated the sails with most of the team made up of the previous years premiership winning colts.
This is a massive rebuilding period and that will continue again next year.

Not sure why all the Post season Agro. Come down to the beach and chill

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Looks like Bes has been given the boot again.... he has some good ideas but then runs his mouth and sounds like he has mental health issues....

Farewell Bes. You'll be missed. But not by many

Status
Not open for further replies.