• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tat's a lot of sausage sizzles mate. Good luck

I'd love to say we have generous sponsors who can help cover this. But we really don't. Most of the fundraising we do through the year will need to be put aside for this madness, because the other big issue is getting blokes to pay their subs. I'm going under $150 this year, shorts and socks only, and will rely on NSW Sport grant funding to cover the lion's share.

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Join the Rams in 2018
7c8595294043f95046371d01ad2ad208.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Any idea on when we will hear when the divisions will be finalised?
I think the top 3 are pretty straight forward now penrith have been confirmed as playing shute shield this year.

Div 1
Petersham
Balmain
Drummoyne
Mosman
Colleagues
Knox
Waverley
Hunters Hill

Div 2
Beecroft
Blue Mountains
Epping
Forest
Hills
Lindfield
St Pats
Unsw

Div 3
Barker
Canterbury (if colts?)
Brothers
HAC
Newport
Old igs
Redfield
St ives

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I think the top 3 are pretty straight forward now penrith have been confirmed as playing shute shield this year.

Div 1
Petersham
Balmain
Drummoyne
Mosman
Colleagues
Knox
Waverley
Hunters Hill

Div 2
Beecroft
Blue Mountains
Epping
Forest
Hills
Lindfield
St Pats
Unsw

Div 3
Barker
Canterbury (if colts?)
Brothers
HAC
Newport
Old igs
Redfield
St ives

I know Hawkesbury Valley were bottom of Div 3 but with the colts requirement will Canterbury be able to fill that requirement? I feel for HAC and Canterbury in Div 3 they will get sick of the trip up the north side of Sydney by the end of 2018. Full credit to Canterbury if they make the move up. Great for the game!

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
I know Hawkesbury Valley were bottom of Div 3 but with the colts requirement will Canterbury be able to fill that requirement? I feel for HAC and Canterbury in Div 3 they will get sick of the trip up the north side of Sydney by the end of 2018. Full credit to Canterbury if they make the move up. Great for the game!
To be fair, valley forfeited a few colts games last year so who knows...

In terms of hac, maybe a bit of karma after having a first grade only focus last year

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
To be fair, valley forfeited a few colts games last year so who knows.

In terms of hac, maybe a bit of karma after having a first grade only focus last year

HAC, Hawkesbury Valley and St Ives all struggled to fill a colts side last year. HAC and Canterbury will struggle with the commute in what is a predominatly north shore located DIV 3 competiton.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
HAC, Hawkesbury Valley and St Ives all struggled to fill a colts side last year. HAC and Canterbury will struggle with the commute in what is a predominatly north shore located DIV 3 competiton.

FAKE NEWS Alert - A Beecroft mate from work says he thinks they contemplating a move to 3rd Div this year.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Ok - massive prediction...and $#!t stir..Lindfield to win Div 2 by more than 1000. AND decline to move to Div 1. Ok, ok nobody believes that. But will be very strong contenders.

With such a strong Colts group coming through and Knox, Brothers and St Ives all looking like they are struggling at the moment, recruitment could be strong. They managed to come second with only five 1st grade wins.

But like all things Subbies, it comes down to the way the club is run more than just the cattle on the park.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ok - massive prediction.and $#!t stir..Lindfield to win Div 2 by more than 1000. AND decline to move to Div 1. Ok, ok nobody believes that. But will be very strong contenders.

With such a strong Colts group coming through and Knox, Brothers and St Ives all looking like they are struggling at the moment, recruitment could be strong. They managed to come second with only five 1st grade wins.

But like all things Subbies, it comes down to the way the club is run more than just the cattle on the park.

Based on last years form they well may. Mountains had a strong year but travel will always hurt them late season. Hills slipped in standard and will look to bounce back with a better 2018. Forest also looking to rebuild after a weaker than normal year and have been active on the recruitment front.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Based on last years form they well may. Mountains had a strong year but travel will always hurt them late season. Hills slipped in standard and will look to bounce back with a better 2018. Forest also looking to rebuild after a weaker than normal year and have been active on the recruitment front.

Anybody heard anything about St Pats? Are they going to hit back hard and head straight back to Div 1? Or are they going to suffer lost most recent clubs in Div 1 (Bobs, UNSW, Forest, Lindfield, Beecroft, Brothers) and have a slide down the divisions?

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Anybody heard anything about St Pats? Are they going to hit back hard and head straight back to Div 1? Or are they going to suffer lost most recent clubs in Div 1 (Bobs, UNSW, Forest, Lindfield, Beecroft, Brothers) and have a slide down the divisions?
Slide. St Pat's nothing without the money.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hello bastards! Welcome to 2018. I'm not here very often because using the site with all the bugs shits me to tears, but I'm glad to see the Subbies brethren are still kicking around.

Anyway, if you've got anyone interested in playing around the Kellyville/Rouse Hill area, I'm equally interested in talking to them.

Preseason Training Wednesday nights, Kellyville Memorial Oval #3 at 7PM. There will be beer,

http://renegades.net.au/rugby-training/

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)

I know St Pats were keen to stay in div 1, but it is probably a blessing in disguise to be relegated and 'rebuild'. St Pats have obviously felt the pinch of the amateur policy more than most, but to their credit have wore it. There has been a complete coaching overhaul and and I know that there is a some positive signs going into the season. I don't think St Pats will be too far off the pace in Div 2, top 4 in the club championship at a minimum. I don't think St Pats will lose the plot like other clubs that have been relegated recently (Iggies, Brothers, Beecroft, BOBS). St Pats have strong numbers across all grades and didn't implode and start forfeiting games in bulk. Very excited to see Epping in div 2 this year, a good club who had a fantastic 2017 and hope they can stay on the charge!

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

Draft draws are out and 3rd Div is BOBS Brothers Hawkesbury Valley HAC Redfield Saints Iggies Breakers So Hawkesbury Valley stay up despite coming last in DIv 3r and HAC fall with Epping going up.

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Draft draws are out and 3rd Div is BOBS Brothers Hawkesbury Valley HAC Redfield Saints Iggies Breakers So Hawkesbury Valley stay up despite coming last in DIv 3r and HAC fall with Epping going up.
So if HAC won 2nd Div 1st grade Premiership, they'd have to be $1.20 faves at the moment for another premiership in 2018 wouldn't you say?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
So if HAC won 2nd Div 1st grade Premiership, they'd have to be $1.20 faves at the moment for another premiership in 2018 wouldn't you say?

Bopper I do agree with you, I can't see how anyone will get past them. Although it will depend if we see the brothers team from the second half of 2017 or the team from the 1st half!

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bopper I do agree with you, I can't see how anyone will get past them. Although it will depend if we see the brothers team from the second half of 2017 or the team from the 1st half!
Brothers weren't invincible. Epping beat their strongest side and they only snuck home against Barker and Redfield. If HAC keep their cattle, they're morals.

Their team in 2017 certainly wasn't as devastating as the side they were turning out in 2016. The 2016 GF HAC vs Brothers was brutal. Some of the biggest boppers I've seen in lower div subbies that day...

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers weren't invincible. Epping beat their strongest side and they only snuck home against Barker and Redfield. If HAC keep their cattle, they're morals.

Their team in 2017 certainly wasn't as devastating as the side they were turning out in 2016. The 2016 GF HAC vs Brothers was brutal. Some of the biggest boppers I've seen in lower div subbies that day.

Nice to win a 1st grade Premiership but when the rest of the grades win a combined 5 of 56 games its a tad embarassing. Lose a few of your 1st grade stars to other clubs inducements and what will be left of the club?

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nice to win a 1st grade Premiership but when the rest of the grades win a combined 5 of 56 games its a tad embarassing. Lose a few of your 1st grade stars to other clubs inducements and what will be left of the club?
Did forget that Iggies knocked them out in the semi...

Status
Not open for further replies.