• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny

Stan Wickham (3)
What happened with this colts game? Did it go ahead? I notice the table hasn't been updated.

It's down to be played this wed but we are having probs with finding a field to play on.

Bobs didn't want the game to be played last week

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
boooo to the fun police administrator of this forum. Let the boys play sir.... you're killing the game. #cynical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

footy_footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 2 Round 13 Tips

UNSW v Epping - Epping have it all to play for and have knocked over 3 of the top 4 in the past few rounds. Will need to be at their best as they come up against an inconsistent Uni side who have shown they can play some good footy over the year. Epping by 4.

St Pats v Blue Mountains - Match of the round from my view, 2 v 3. Blue Mountains have been the team to beat since at least the half way point in the competition. St Pats have also proven themselves to be contenders and will be desperate to secure second place and a second chance come finals time. Two huge forward packs will cancel each other out and I think the Blue Mountains backs will be the game changer. In a bruising affair at Hudson Park, Blue Mountains by 2.

Lindfield v Beecroft - Battle for the spoon! Both teams have picked up some good wins in the past few weeks, but too little too late. Expecting a high scoring affair with both teams playing for pride. Lindfield too good at home in their last home game of the year. Lindfield by 15.

Hills v Forest - Another crunch match for the top 4. Yattenden will be packed on back to Hills day and with a win Hills will be in the box seat to finish as high as 3rd. Hills haven't had a flash 2nd half to the year and Forest will be looking to secure the minor premiership and some momentum into the finals. Expecting Forest to dominate up front and grind out a tight victory. Forest by 5.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 Summary:
Mac Uni v Sydney Harlequins - not going to be an easy game but Quins need to bring all their guns to bear as they prepare for Oatley and Canterbury in the last 2 rounds.

Oatley v Blacktown - Oatley have struggled this year and I expect, even at home, they'll not have the firepower for Blacktown.

Canterbury v Briars - all three sides in the finals, the Berries are going to make it a long day for Briars.

Div 5 Summary:
Renegades v Maccabi - visitors will be too young and too fit. We're just looking forward to the bus trip to Dukes next week!

Merrylands v Convicts - something is wrong with the Convicts at the moment and I don't expect it'll get better at Holroyd. Particularly if they play 2 games.

Savers v Covies - jeez this will be feisty. Effectively got a place in the finals on the line here, and I'm only tipping Savers because they're the home side.

Menai v Dukes - should be a fair old mess out at Barden Ridge.

Div 6 Summary:
Chatswood v Engadine - the north shore lads have had a good run of form recently but finals-bound Engadine should travel well to keep their momentum going into the finals.

Collaroy v Burraneer - home side to jump into 2nd spot here I reckon after these sides drew last time at Burraneer.

Dundas Valley v Wakehurst - pretty standard, really.

Sea Lice v Dee Why - long trip to get pumped for the Lions.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
It's down to be played this wed but we are having probs with finding a field to play on.

Bobs didn't want the game to be played last week

After two consecutive loses BOBs will no doubt be hoping HAC forfeit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Interesting to read the summary of feedback from Divisional Meetings:

- Increased fees
- Player numbers falling due to a lack of commitment to the whole season "(music festivals, holidays, other commitments take priority)"
- Some players prefer league, no fees or payments.
- Volunteer fatigue

Didn't mention that league will pay handsomely for the right player, and that amateur status is a double-edged sword, but they're not about to backtrack.

I am somewhat skeptical that fees are discouraging players - any club with half a brain looks after its players and is smart enough to communicate the costs of running a club.

It comes down to commitment, pure and simple.

Today, 3 guys we haven't seen in over a year contacted a committee member to ask if they could play this weekend. Fuck's sake you pricks. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL YEAR?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Week off will hurt many clubs. Two to go and many teams out of contention tells me it’s lower grade forefeit time for some clubs across the DIV. Never seen a year where player commitment has been so piss week.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah the timing of the wet weather weekend could have been better, TBH. In our division there are still 5 clubs with something to fight for, but our next 2 games are pride only, and then a massive pissup and karaoke night / bus trip with the Dukes.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It is after forfeit cutoff, so these are the official notifications:

Division 6: Meldrum Cup - Dee Why forfeit to North Cronulla (who are now Minor Premiers)

Division 3: Campbell Cup - St Ives forfeit to Redfield who temporarily go into 3rd place ahead of Newport

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In other news: I went to the abridged Referees Course on Monday night. It was aimed at Shute Shield clubs but I saw it on the Two Blues' FB page and thought I'd take advantage.

At the event I counted 4 or 5 guys from Two Blues - mostly young blokes. There were 1-2 from a couple of Premier Clubs, including De Wet Roos from Southern.

The 3-hour version of the course was pretty good actually, and I'll do the exam and follow-up stuff as soon as humanly possible. Think I'm out of the "running a club" gig as its too much time for not enough satisfaction. Players decide they've got better shit to do, then its high time I did as well.

Not suggesting refereeing will be less stressful than Club President, but its certainly less time out of my week!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh and one guy from Norths who said "Club made me come" which was an interesting attitude to have.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
And to make the week off worse, free tickets to the tahs v brumbies for all players(juniors as well) and still no crowd.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Week off will hurt many clubs. Two to go and many teams out of contention tells me it’s lower grade forefeit time for some clubs across the DIV. Never seen a year where player commitment has been so piss week.

Considering how little commitment Australian rugby has to this level of the game, be it the clubs or their players, I could never blame the players for a lack of commitment to anything. Subbies will be a 3 division comp at best in 10 years if things keep going as they are..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Any word on what finals are where?

Div 4 are at Wills Ground I hear. Same day as Kentwell because of their having 7 clubs instead of 8.

Other than that - haven't bothered looking though I suppose First Div will be at Eastwood Dustbowl again.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And to make the week off worse, free tickets to the tahs v brumbies for all players(juniors as well) and still no crowd.

And not sure what they'll get out of this week, either. Whenever these things happen, I start to think along these lines:

"Greetings fellow rugby chaps! Why not ignore your sponsor pub to come watch the Waratahs suck?!! Drink shitty, overpriced beer! Thrive in the dead atmosphere! Suffer through the transport issues after a hard day on the field or on the cans, and wonder why you bothered!"

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Div 4 are at Wills Ground I hear. Same day as Kentwell because of their having 7 clubs instead of 8.

Other than that - haven't bothered looking though I suppose First Div will be at Eastwood Dustbowl again.

What about the semis though?

Status
Not open for further replies.