• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Someone from Collaroy jagged himself 6 tries on weekend, hopefully wakehurst had a prop marking him.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Interesting to see whether there is a restructure of the divs and numbers of teams in each. Div 3 particularly interesting as at least 2 current div 3 clubs simply cannot stay there, and no obvious candidates to come up. Could a div go altogether and have 10 teams each in divs 1 and 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
There are certainly some with an axe to grind against particular clubs here. No idea why, when its about the last fucking thing rugby needs.

Go on Facebook and say it there with your real name and let people judge you on that.

2b0vKhR.png

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
There are certainly some with an axe to grind against particular clubs here. No idea why, when its about the last fucking thing rugby needs.

Go on Facebook and say it there with your real name and let people judge you on that.

2b0vKhR.png

Hence why he removed it straight away. It was generally positive about the spirit of the day by both clubs players but highlighted what he observed as unnessescary language and abuse from some.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting to see whether there is a restructure of the divs and numbers of teams in each. Div 3 particularly interesting as at least 2 current div 3 clubs simply cannot stay there, and no obvious candidates to come up. Could a div go altogether and have 10 teams each in divs 1 and 2?

Agreed. Certainly the status quo cannot be maintained. Two 11 team comps with a bye week thrown in for each team.

DIV 1
Balmain
Waverley
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Knox
Mosman
Petersham
Blue Mountains
Forest
Hunters Hill
St Pats

DIV 2
UNSW
Epping
Hills
Lindfield
BOBS
HAC
Newport
Hawkesbury Valley
Beecroft
Iggies
Redfield

My only concern is clubs like

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Agreed. Certainly the status quo cannot be maintained. Two 11 team comps with a bye week thrown in for each team.

The issue I see with this - you would still need Wet Weather Weekends, and I can't see any club appreciating having the bye either side of a WWW. Two weeks off footy can destroy a lot of momentum.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
The issue I see with this - you would still need Wet Weather Weekends, and I can't see any club appreciating having the bye either side of a WWW. Two weeks off footy can destroy a lot of momentum.

Many considerations and trade offs required. How many grades would 2nd DIV teams have? All just ideas on how to best help clubs survive.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)

DIV 1
Balmain
Waverley
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Knox
Mosman
Petersham
Blue Mountains
Forest
Hunters Hill
St Pats

DIV 2
UNSW
Epping
Hills
Lindfield
BOBS
HAC
Newport
Hawkesbury Valley
Beecroft
Iggies
Redfield

My only concern is clubs like
Looks good to me, only question mark would be Valley fielding the teams necessary but us and saints can't stay as we are currently. I can see both in div 5 next year, difficult for us though as we actually have decent enough colts and it'll be a shame to lose that. We'd have the numbers for Div 4 with those boys playing essentially as 3rds but don't think they'll appreciate going from high school to facing old angry blokes from btown etc

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
You wouldn't have liked what it said.
I'll put my hand up and say I was pretty verbal towards 2 or 3 of them in regards to what was said about some of my players/team earlier in the year. But if your going to give it, then you need to be able to take it. It goes both ways and I've got pretty thick skin.

I'd say overall, it was down to 2 teams desperately trying to stay in contention. We had a big crowd and more often than not, the bounce of the ball seemed to go our way. The frustration was evident at full time.

I most certainly wasn't the lone ranger out there in the banter department. I'd say I gave as good as I got or got as good as I gave (depending on which side of the fence you sit).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mcb0256

Frank Row (1)
I can shed some light on this one, first time poster long time follower
I ventured down to Sommerville and parked myself down to watch the 1st grade clash The Game was played in great spirit except for as the crowd built and Epping began to run away with the game in 1st grade some unsavoury comments that were made towards a number of Hills Players.
Keep in mind im a mutual attendee who came to get an idea of what team my club could have been potentially facing in the finals series. But comments targeted at individual players in particular throughout the 2nd Half weren't what I would say the correct thing for a person of note (coach) to be yelling out at players. singling out players and calling them F***ing C**ts isn't on really in my books.
I could accept the fact that if it was members of the crowd that were yelling it out as a general statement but for an opposition coach who if the facts are true that they said something about his players/team took it upon himself to single out individuals when his side was well and truly in front in the game is pretty poor. That wasn't the worst though with a Hills Player that was racially abused by a member of the crowd that was heard by the player.
That is never on in whatever sport that may be but especially rugby. Considering I had seen Epping's Facebook post mentioning racial abuse earlier in the crowd to a Blue Mountains player I figured they would be more diligent of it all and be such a culturally diverse club would have not reason to be calling thing out of that nature Epping were the much better team on the day and If our paths cross in the finals series it should be a cracking encounter, but the coach that being you Bopper I think should have conducted yourself in a much more humble way and enjoyed the win in a much different approach compared to what you did on Saturday
Now I know your going to come back on here with your accounts and 2 cents and that's fine but just put yourself on the other side of the fence and if you had of seen your players being singled out by a coach. I don't think you would have gone about it quietly over this forum or anyway for that matter
My advice be humble and let your teams actions do the talking if the opposition have said something rather than you potentially bring your club into disrepute
Hopefully look forward to playing you guys in the big dance

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
I can shed some light on this one, first time poster long time follower
I ventured down to Sommerville and parked myself down to watch the 1st grade clash The Game was played in great spirit except for as the crowd built and Epping began to run away with the game in 1st grade some unsavoury comments that were made towards a number of Hills Players.
Keep in mind im a mutual attendee who came to get an idea of what team my club could have been potentially facing in the finals series. But comments targeted at individual players in particular throughout the 2nd Half weren't what I would say the correct thing for a person of note (coach) to be yelling out at players. singling out players and calling them F***ing C**ts isn't on really in my books.
I could accept the fact that if it was members of the crowd that were yelling it out as a general statement but for an opposition coach who if the facts are true that they said something about his players/team took it upon himself to single out individuals when his side was well and truly in front in the game is pretty poor. That wasn't the worst though with a Hills Player that was racially abused by a member of the crowd that was heard by the player.
That is never on in whatever sport that may be but especially rugby. Considering I had seen Epping's Facebook post mentioning racial abuse earlier in the crowd to a Blue Mountains player I figured they would be more diligent of it all and be such a culturally diverse club would have not reason to be calling thing out of that nature Epping were the much better team on the day and If our paths cross in the finals series it should be a cracking encounter, but the coach that being you Bopper I think should have conducted yourself in a much more humble way and enjoyed the win in a much different approach compared to what you did on Saturday
Now I know your going to come back on here with your accounts and 2 cents and that's fine but just put yourself on the other side of the fence and if you had of seen your players being singled out by a coach. I don't think you would have gone about it quietly over this forum or anyway for that matter
My advice be humble and let your teams actions do the talking if the opposition have said something rather than you potentially bring your club into disrepute
Hopefully look forward to playing you guys in the big dance
Oooooooooooh. To be fair, you've got form mr bopper. I can vividly remember you chasing us down to a corner of Somerville oval to give us a piece of your mind in no uncertain terms last year . You weren't at all a fan of the work of our Fijian brothers.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Im going to put 2 and 2 together here mcb0256 basing off of comment in your bio, must be from Forest. doesn't fusesport work well over at Melwood

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oooooooooooh. To be fair, you've got form mr bopper. I can vividly remember you chasing us down to a corner of Somerville oval to give us a piece of your mind in no uncertain terms last year . You weren't at all a fan of the work of our Fijian brothers.

Remember it well...i wonder do you recall the whole incident?

It does seem that I am being held accountable to a different set of rules than everyone else

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Remember it well.i wonder do you recall the whole incident?

It does seem that I am being held accountable to a different set of rules than everyone else

Or alternatively you think a different set of rules apply to you, so you don't have to adopt the same standards of behaviour

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyway wonder if DP will be a dust bowl like it was last year come finals time

Subbies will be happy with all bar 1 club not represented in Div 2 this weekend
Mountains x 5
Forest x 3
Epping x 3
Lindfield x 3
Pats x 2
Hills x 2
UNSW x 2
Beecroft x 0

Div 2 Semi Finals

1st Grade
Forest v St Pats- Forest should win this one here, its 1 all in regular season, which ever team loses here wont be making the GF in my opinion
Mountains v Epping- Mountains in my eyes still the team to beat in this competition but Epping have proved they can knock off the big sides. Feeling that this will be close and Mountains will scrape home, but if Epping managed to get home they will win the whole thing

2nd Grade
Mountains v Lindfield- Mountains way to big and strong for Lindfield again Mountains look tough to beat in this grade
Epping v Forest- Epping by a fairly decent margin, not sure the Forest team particularly is what it used to be over the years

Colts
Forest v St Pats- Forest looking to bounce back and redeem themselves from last years disappointing finals series
Lindfield v Mountains- thinking Mountians may have played their semi final last week, Lindfield to get the chocolates

3rd Grade
Mountains v Lindfield- Mountains should be way to strong in this finals series, will be very tough to beat
Hills v Epping- Arm Wrestle last week by the looks of things, ill back Epping with the Momentum to knock Hills Out

4th Grade
St Pats v Hills- Should be a good game, was a close encounter last time they played, ill back the Minor Premiers Pats in this one
Mountains v UNSW- Going to back UNSW here purely based on who knows who they have managed to qualify here

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Remember it well.i wonder do you recall the whole incident?

Don't get me wrong, I admire your passion signor bop, and to be fair I do seem to recall our visiting Frenchman biting and eye gouging blokes that game which is obviously frowned upon.... however I would agree with the earlier comment in that your first grade coach should probably show a little more restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.