• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jezz there were some interesting results over the weekend.

The whales getting up by such a big margin at Lapstone blew me away.

Despite a red card Blacktown knocking over HAC at home

Oatley getting beaten at home by Mac Uni

Starting hooker for Oatley born in 1967 according to the team sheet. Good on him, but something ain't right

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Starting hooker for Oatley born in 1967 according to the team sheet. Good on him, but something ain't right

One of our starting 1st grade props on Saturday was born in 1961. Played a full game too in a game with I reckon 20+ scrums. Absolute bludger of a game

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
One of our starting 1st grade props on Saturday was born in 1961. Played a full game too in a game with I reckon 20+ scrums. Absolute bludger of a game

And again - bloody good on him - but it indicates something isn't right, yes?

On Saturday I propped 70 minutes for First Grade then moved to hooker for the last 10. I'm nearly 43 as was the starting hooker. I consider that a problem for the club in general.

We had one prop drop out early in the week (chasing skirt I believe) and another on the day. Both are 25 and have the right build and attitude for the tight stuff WHEN they show up.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumour Ron. I'll be the slice of peppeRONi on your Friday night slice of rugby shit chat. Fuck the queen, fuck the bye, let the boys play or at least get blind for $10 watching the horrortahs play in Parramatta (estimated crowd - 27 eels drunkards who stumbled in thinking Mick Vella was ready for some hit ups)

Midseason review.

Div1 - Balmain in all sorts of hurt. 2 points on the table, 44 club championship points ouch..... Blue Mountains started on fire but have cooled down to late afternoon in Lapstone. Wouldn't have guessed shammies to be sitting 5th... Mosman v Mountains GF. Whales to win.

Div2 - Hunters Hill, poo in 1s, better in lower grades. The table other than that looks reasonably predictable with Pats looking to go back to Div 1 (they'll happily tell anyone it's where they rightfully belong). Epping seem to have slipped down on the club champs points. Their first grade look close to winning games given the -7 points differential yet only 2 wins. They'll need some 1st grade wins soon to climb off the club champs cellar floor or it's a trip back to div 3. Bobs haven't converted 2019 success to much at which shows the gulf between div 2 and 3. Pats v Forrest. Pats to win.

Div 3 - This scribe picked Redfield as contenders this year... just saying. Blacktown doing good things in thier new comp home. AG where are you? Seriously, WTF??? Are brothers about to start their charge for a semi final spot??? I'd say they'll squeeze out Beecroft and Newport to get a semis. Blacktown v Redfield or Brothers. Blacktown to win.

Div 4 - Cantebury, Quinns, daylight.... Good on the Berries for sitting a top the cowboy at the moment. Let's hope someone other the a div1 team takes this skew-whiffed gong (but I doubt it) Berries to win.

Divs 5 & 6 - NFI. But Burra and Savers to get the silverware.

Incomming.......

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rumour Ron. I'll be the slice of peppeRONi on your Friday night slice of rugby shit chat. Fuck the queen, fuck the bye, let the boys play or at least get blind for $10 watching the horrortahs play in Parramatta (estimated crowd - 27 eels drunkards who stumbled in thinking Mick Vella was ready for some hit ups)

Midseason review.

Div1 - Balmain in all sorts of hurt. 2 points on the table, 44 club championship points ouch... Blue Mountains started on fire but have cooled down to late afternoon in Lapstone. Wouldn't have guessed shammies to be sitting 5th. Mosman v Mountains GF. Whales to win.

Div2 - Hunters Hill, poo in 1s, better in lower grades. The table other than that looks reasonably predictable with Pats looking to go back to Div 1 (they'll happily tell anyone it's where they rightfully belong). Epping seem to have slipped down on the club champs points. Their first grade look close to winning games given the -7 points differential yet only 2 wins. They'll need some 1st grade wins soon to climb off the club champs cellar floor or it's a trip back to div 3. Bobs haven't converted 2019 success to much at which shows the gulf between div 2 and 3. Pats v Forrest. Pats to win.

Div 3 - This scribe picked Redfield as contenders this year. just saying. Blacktown doing good things in thier new comp home. AG where are you? Seriously, WTF??? Are brothers about to start their charge for a semi final spot??? I'd say they'll squeeze out Beecroft and Newport to get a semis. Blacktown v Redfield or Brothers. Blacktown to win.

Div 4 - Cantebury, Quinns, daylight.. Good on the Berries for sitting a top the cowboy at the moment. Let's hope someone other the a div1 team takes this skew-whiffed gong (but I doubt it) Berries to win.

Divs 5 & 6 - NFI. But Burra and Savers to get the silverware.

Incomming...
Easily the best post in the past 7 days or so...

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
Forum is very quiet this week. Over the last couple of years I had trouble keeping up, what with all the fence talk and the ongoing saga at Epping with Whopper and Mr Magoo. Even the return of Rumour Ronald hasn't spiced things up- your rumour mongering has not really been on point this year Ronnie, how about contacting your spies and throwing us something juicy?

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Hearing whispers that the worst player to ever start at 10 in 1st grade for Brothers may be pulling the boots on for a run in 3's tomorrow.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Any truth to this rumour ValleyGirl?

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Hearing whispers that the worst player to ever start at 10 in 1st grade for Brothers may be pulling the boots on for a run in 3's tomorrow.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Any truth to this rumour ValleyGirl?

Scratch that. We just forfeited 3s and if subbies follows through on their threat we've now forfeited all remaining 3s games and will be relegated.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
What was the rule there? Forfeit 4 games?

hahah what an absolute joke. So events so far..... we contacted Beecroft to forfeit last night due to lack of numbers. This morning the game is back on with Beecroft offering to lend us a few if we didn't have numbers to get a game happening. Later this morning - Beecroft coach contacts us saying they now won't have enough players as they were told there was no game tomorrow so they would like to accept our original forfeit.

Latest - Big bad Timmy Richards gets involved and is personally dragging 30 blokes onto RCO kicking and screaming, like it or not at 11.40 tomorrow at RCO.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I imagine the pressure of seeing multiple Subbies Divisions falling apart is starting to get to him.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
I imagine the pressure of seeing multiple Subbies Divisions falling apart is starting to get to him.

Absolutely. The club made a commitment to player welfare this year. That needs remain priority ahead of preserving Tim's rugby competition.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Absolutely. The club made a commitment to player welfare this year. That needs remain priority ahead of preserving Tim's rugby competition.

Need a busted old prop to come have a run? I'm about 6' and bald so I look like most props out there ;)