• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Into the more important divisions - Div 1
Mosman v Blue Mountains - Tough trip into middle harbour for Blueys - Mosman will be too strong here in 1's. The match of the day will be 4th Grade. Can Mosman handle the size of Blueys.
Knox v Colleagues - Tough gig here for Knox on the pristine field at Lofberg. Colleagues by 23
Forest v St Pats - Two teams who think they are better than they are. Melwood is a horrible oval in the middle of Winter. St Pats will be too good for Forest, unless they have trained on throwing games away this year?. St Pats by 12
Petersham v Drummoyne -Petersham are too strong here and have some stand out players that will bury the dirty reds. Shammies by 13
HH v Waverley - WOWEEEE - What a game this one is. Boronia will be pumping. Got the good news on the upgrade of facilities which will make it the best ground in Subbies. Even though Field 3 down the bottom is better. Gotta back the boys in here, Waverley are strong but hopefully we can knock them off by 1.
Love the contribution as always EC - hopefully some more D1 onlookers start to come out of the woodwork as its quite lonely here right now.

I've had my ear to the grindstone and am reliably informed that all is not well in Canada Bay. You might need to think about bumping that margin up a bit.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Love the contribution as always EC - hopefully some more D1 onlookers start to come out of the woodwork as its quite lonely here right now.

I've had my ear to the grindstone and am reliably informed that all is not well in Canada Bay. You might need to think about bumping that margin up a bit.
BUT WHAT ABOUT PHIL LAWRENCE

Rae Rae

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
I know nothing of the man and wish him all the best (should he exist) but Jesus Christ could be the next coach and would still struggle to rein in what's going on at Lyons Road; because I've heard it all.

It's not often a juggernaut is brought to its knees like this.
Do we have an old fashioned player revolt? Where are these players going? Mid season transfers could bolster a few of those clubs that love a good stack job to take silverware away from legitimate contenders

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Mr Dorito, what is the goss?

Rae Rae
Do we have an old fashioned player revolt? Where are these players going? Mid season transfers could bolster a few of those clubs that love a good stack job to take silverware away from legitimate contenders
I must be careful given the watchful eyes on this thread. My man on the ground provided scant details on the specifics you're after but if not mid-season, certainly before next I expect an exodus from Taplin that would rival the Israelites.

Players partners getting involved makes things tricky - otherwise matters could be settled with the old, "bring your mouthguard to training"...

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
I must be careful given the watchful eyes on this thread. My man on the ground provided scant details on the specifics you're after but if not mid-season, certainly before next I expect an exodus from Taplin that would rival the Israelites.

Players partners getting involved makes things tricky - otherwise matters could be settled with the old, "bring your mouthguard to training"...
Can we get a report from the Bartenders sisters best friend at the Oxford Hotel who saw something in the after match function? I am very intrigued about this. Player Partners getting involved will never end well.
For us at the Bayview we just have a few beers and listen to Oz Icons play every week. Its a good spot

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Back to the rugby... Eastcoast that will be quite a day at Boronia. Thankfully the weather looks good - how's the surface? CluchTV might get a good workout in if the game is close as expected.

I will stick with my BM tip in 4 grade but Mosman are no pushovers especially at home. If BM jag a result you can most definitely shut that comp down for the year.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Can we get a report from the Bartenders sisters best friend at the Oxford Hotel who saw something in the after match function? I am very intrigued about this. Player Partners getting involved will never end well.
For us at the Bayview we just have a few beers and listen to Oz Icons play every week. Its a good spot
I don't wish to elaborate at this time lest I be accused of muckracking. Should more information come to light I will update as appropriate; for now their position on the ladder says enough.

The Bayview is indeed good, definitely in the top 3 rugby-adjacent watering holes around the traps (of which the Oxford Hotel is not). Do they have Stan Sport?

qwerty123

Stan Wickham (3)
Don't see much point doing a div 2 selections this week, HV by 50, Beecroft 30, Hills 40, UNSW 30, Linfield 20. Can Blacktown pull off an upset?

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
What’s going on this weekend! Council closing grounds is recking havoc:
- Mosman and Blue Mountains postponed;
- Blacktown and Beecroft postponed;
- Canterbury forfeiting;
- Raptors forfeiting at home…
Edit: Blueys/Whales back on at Lapstone. Well done to all involved.

Last edited: