• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Hasn't this exploded over the last couple of days. It seems like Tim has a headache on his hands and if this forum is anything to go by, it seems like Hunters Hill and St Pats are the key to unlocking alot of mystery.
Subbies are really backed into a corner here, aren't they? If HH and St Pats refuse to go to Division 1, Division 2 falls apart because, it seems, there are at least 4 2021 Div2 clubs refusing to be graded in Division2.
If Ned's divisions are the dream, I wonder what the make-up of the competitions would be. Would Subbies loosen the grip on clubs providing all grades? Could clubs not play 4th grade or colts in Division 2?

The grip will be loosened off the steering wheel. I can tell you with confidence that 4th Grade will be optional in Division 2. Tim is aware if clubs like Iggies come up they will not be fielding a team in 4th Grade.

Meanwhile Drummoyne has been active in the recruitment department. Direction of Rugby Phil Lawrence has attracted some fairly large names to the club, including one Hunters Hill first grader.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
The grip will be loosened off the steering wheel. I can tell you with confidence that 4th Grade will be optional in Division 2. Tim is aware if clubs like Iggies come up they will not be fielding a team in 4th Grade.

Meanwhile Drummoyne has been active in the recruitment department. Direction of Rugby Phil Lawrence has attracted some fairly large names to the club, including one Hunters Hill first grader.
And some Shute Shield players..... with all their recruitment, who's the lucky second grade coach?

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Certain club in denial about the recent reports about divisions.........

I assume you are talking about St Pats? Crackers has developed a 4 year plan that is hung up on the wall at Hudson Park.

I know this promotion was part of the plan but this was not how he pictured going up so he would have to redraw the plan which I know would be disappointing (it was on a canvas).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Subbies 7s on 12th March will feature Mens, Colts AND Womens teams.

Whalan Reserve is the place.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Just so everyone is aware, the Epping Rams have not folded. Subbies have removed us from the Clubs list on the website, but we’ll be there somewhere, once the dust settles

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hopefully the Renegades will be back. They should of been in the top division playoffs with a bit of luck.

A lot of guys were playing their first 7s rugby - and some of them their first rugby ever! Not sure where we'll end up this year as the post-COVID world unfolds, but at this stage we're entering a mens and womens team for Subbies 7s.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Reffing the 15s knockout in Armidale on that day. Enjoy the day at Whalan.

Sounds good - I'd like to do a bit more travel refereeing to get out into the regions - only issue is I'm working toward prop fitness and not ref fitness! :D

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Back from my Covid break....catching up on the gossip. If St Pats and HH play 2nd Div subbies is a joke.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well, tomorrow night's meeting could see some movement happen in terms of getting the 2022 season started. Could also contain some Zoom fireworks.
Tim could be on the phone for the better part of next week. Let's see where everyone lands.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Well, tomorrow night's meeting could see some movement happen in terms of getting the 2022 season started. Could also contain some Zoom fireworks.
Tim could be on the phone for the better part of next week. Let's see where everyone lands.

Woody, how did the meeting go? Can I expect Tim to be calling clubs today declaring Hunters Hill are in a player crisis and have to stay in Div 2 as they only have 6 teams and not 7 this year? :D:D:D

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes. Hunters Hill and SP are In Division 1.

All remaining Div 2/3 teams have merged to form Division 2 except a few.