• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
SWRU 7s cancelled for Sunday based on the forecast. Dang. May not get on for Subbies Womens 7s on the 9th either looking ahead to next week.

A few changes already:

Div 4 - Canterbury have forfeited both grades and Oysters v Epping will now be on the plastic at Easts. Have the boys wear their skins @Prodigy !

C.Dark

Bob McCowan (2)
Constable Dark’s Tips from the station

manly v Canterbury
Forfeit

mac uni v merrlands
the two most electric teams in the comp, get those cameras rolling it’s sure to be filled with a full 80 of highlights. The chaps from the land of merry won’t let this one slip through the bars for them but uni to put up a fight in what should be a great display of top tier, champagne cask style div 4 suburban rugby!
Merrymen win 14-5

Oysters v Rams
Top of the table clash here and I think match of the round!
Epping too big, too slick here plus
Lambs are heaps tastier than rotten old oysters, epping to win 17-7

Chatswood v saints
Battle of the duds here I’ll tip the throbbing stags to beat the taints in a boring penalty filled game
Chatswood win 9-5

renegades v Hawkesbury
Look out look out here come the rouse hill penetrators, I’ve said it before I’ll say it again there’s something bubbling out there at smellyville and this is the game to get it started, rouse hill win 12-3

Raptors redfield
Home game for the raptors here suits best after a bit of a sit down to wee type performance last week against the blue and gold banana’s, if they show up and hold the ball for 80 there’s no way the soy bean brigade from dural can stop them. That’s a big “if” though
Raptors to win 21-7

Last edited:

Uzi1989

Stan Wickham (3)
Constable Dark’s Tips from the station

manly v Canterbury
Forfeit

mac uni v merrlands
the two most electric teams in the comp, get those cameras rolling it’s sure to be filled with a full 80 of highlights. The chaps from the land of merry won’t let this one slip through the bars for them but uni to put up a fight in what should be a great display of top tier, champagne cask style div 4 suburban rugby!
Merrymen win 14-5

Oysters v Rams
Top of the table clash here and I think match of the round!
Epping too big, too slick here plus
Lambs are heaps tastier than rotten old oysters, epping to win 17-7

Chatswood v saints
Battle of the duds here I’ll tip the throbbing stags to beat the taints in a boring penalty filled game
Chatswood win 9-5

renegades v Hawkesbury
Look out look out here come the rouse hill penetrators, I’ve said it before I’ll say it again there’s something bubbling out there at smellyville and this is the game to get it started, rouse hill win 12-3

Raptors redfield
Home game for the raptors here suits best after a bit of a sit down to wee type performance last week against the blue and gold banana’s, if they show up and hold the ball for 80 there’s no way the soy bean brigade from dural can stop them. That’s a big “if” though
Raptors to win 21-7
Mate you are funny lol I mean that should be a fantastic day tomorrow against Mac Uni tomorrow looking forward to it

C.Dark

Bob McCowan (2)
Mate you are funny lol I mean that should be a fantastic day tomorrow against Mac Uni tomorrow looking forward to it
There’s no doubt it’ll be a spectacle, especially in the wet! Big bodies, big hits, backline flair what more could the people want! Drop my drawers and call me Tiffany where do I sign up

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wet old day at Kellyville - HAC turned up with 20 blokes and nabbed Second Grade with 2 minutes to go, and were probably a bit out of puff by the time Firsts kicked off. And then the rain came down with feeling and it was going to be tough to come back from 21-0.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone think we're a snowball's to get rugby in next weekend? Unlikely from the forecast.

O

Old High Boy

Anyone think we're a snowball's to get rugby in next weekend? Unlikely from the forecast.

I thought it was a designated wet weather weekend coming up? If so, then it will be named appropriately...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I thought it was a designated wet weather weekend coming up? If so, then it will be named appropriately...

Division 4 draw had Round 10 next weekend - we didn't have another wet weather until July 30. It is so finals can be staggered given the number of suitable venues for a Top 6 across every comp. Chatswood v Saints will be shifted to July 30 I assume.

The fixtures to catch up from other divisions are:

Div 1: Colleagues v Forest, Mosman v Petersham, Waverley v Knox - all from yesterday, I assume going to next week.

Div 2:
From Round 4: Newport v Blacktown, Harlequins v Old Barker - both scheduled for Saturday
(Harlequins v Lindfield will be moved to Aug 6th)

Div 5:
From Round 1: Kings OB v Brothers
From yesterday: Burraneer v Menai, Irish v Balmain, Sea Lice v Brothers - this last one is going to be an issue given Brothers are already booked for Saturday.

Here's the forecast for the next week over the CBD. Bit of respite toward the end of the week, but grounds will still be moist at the least.

1656839435320.png

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Raptors only had 10 players at the ground at second grade kickoff. We offered them an extra 10 minutes to see what would happenZ unfortunately things didn’t change.
Some extra turned up in time for first grade, but I think they got to a max of 13. We played the first half and then called it at halftime.
Fair play to George and the Raptors guys who turned up and had a crack. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be

Just following up on this - back at home against Redfield, Raptors had 26 players. So I guess the possibility exists that we're not about to consign them to the scrapheap just yet.

And the scheduling of Rugby League Test Matches might just be coincidentally tied to attendance of players from proud Island nations.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 1 Wrap Up
Horrible day out at Lapstone - We got a small lead with the wind, but couldnt hold out their big boys in the second half running against a gale. A few penalties later and a tight loss. The ground was a mess - but most grounds were that way this week. Blueys are always a good host and tough opposition.
St Pats added misery onto Drummoyne. They are a shell of there former selves.

Any games played in the Lower divs?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What's going on with the Dirty Reds this season? Missing numbers or just a couple of key positions?

Can't think they will slump for too long.

Rae Rae

The Wombat

Herbert Moran (7)
What's going on with the Dirty Reds this season? Missing numbers or just a couple of key positions?

Rae Rae
Seems like they’ve lost a few of their key players after their grand final appearances. Former captain Shaun Dixon to West Harbour is one example. They‘ve got talent throughout the grades, I expect there’s some morale issues now with the mounting losses.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He might come back soon the way West Harbour are going. Can't be too much fun.

That's fair after a GF win. Good time for some to hang them up. Fully expect them to be back up the top few within the next couple of seasons.

Rae Rae

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Any games played in the Lower divs?

DIV FOUR:
Mac Uni got shifted to Merrylands and the students came away 26-12 with the BP. Seconds was Merrylands 31-3
Renegades 36-5 win and a 22-24 loss against 20 brave souls from HAC.
Harbour ground out a 12-10 win over Epping on the plastic at Easts, and a solid 32-7 from the Eaysters in reserves.
Raptors at home - one one of the few grounds that didn't seem to have standing water - lost both to Redfield 20-7 & 36-7
Savers got the 28-zip over Berries in both grades due to forfeit.
Stags v Saints postponed.

DIV FIVE:
Oatley travelled to JS White at Kings, and came away 20-12
Wakehurst 29-5 over Dukes, continuing their stay in the top 4 tho almost everyone else in the top 6 has a game (or 2) in hand.
All others postponsed.

Subbiesgoat

Frank Row (1)

Rae Rae

John Sinisa will be leaving the club soon as he wants to coach shite shield. After that, I can’t see any answer but to appoint a development coach like Phil Lawrence. It is widely reknown that the club is not able to attract talent anymore. Therefore, they need to build from the ground up with the resources they have and I suspect Phil is the best man for the role. A strong fearless leader who will make the cutthroat calls the club needs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
John Sinisa will be leaving the club soon as he wants to coach shite shield. After that, I can’t see any answer but to appoint a development coach like Phil Lawrence. It is widely reknown that the club is not able to attract talent anymore. Therefore, they need to build from the ground up with the resources they have and I suspect Phil is the best man for the role. A strong fearless leader who will make the cutthroat calls the club needs.

Oh well. It's a good thing they have recognised current issues. There are many a former D1 Subbies club that haven't and now struggle to exist.

Rae Rae

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Clubs are looking for grounds for this weekend... jeez it could get ordinary if midweekers are required or the dreaded and rarely seen Saturday-Sunday catch up.

Subbies Womens 7s this weekend will depend on when the rain stops and what Council thinks of the pitch I guess.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Clubs are looking for grounds for this weekend... jeez it could get ordinary if midweekers are required or the dreaded and rarely seen Saturday-Sunday catch up.

Subbies Womens 7s this weekend will depend on when the rain stops and what Council thinks of the pitch I guess.

Rohan has been calling everyone trying to do this for us. We already have a make up game against Lindfield on the only other WW weekend, so not playing this week is a disaster for Quinns. We have 4 possible grounds, but all seem to be low chance of being available. Waterloo is hardly even a 1% chance this week. To make matters worse, trying to get Barker over to replay this game at Waterloo for a Night Game is logistically hard for them, so the Saturday/Sunday double do is all we have up our sleeve if Mother Nature.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Would love to hear more about this Phil Lawrence character. Where’s he come from? Is he up to the challenge of the cauldron that is Dirty Reds Rugby?