• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 Part 2:

Eaysters get a free swing with no Canterbury, so they land on 56 points and temporarily hold the minor premiership. They will likely lose it but will probably still finish second. Unless Merrylands and Epping play out a draw in which case they get bumped to Third on losses. So many permutations.

Merrylands and Epping slug it out for the minor premiership in any case, and you'd think the draw is long odds. That'll be quite the battle.

Savers will be looking to ram home the knife at Kellvyille Park this weekend and knock the Renegades out of contention, as well as hold onto 4th spot ahead of Redfield.

Chatswood are playing for their spot in the finals against Mac Uni and you'd back them on form. Four of Mac Unis listed wins are forfeits, and the only other was Round 1 v Chatswood! HAC and Renegades are in the mix but other results have to go their way. That and I'm not sure HAC have enough personnel qualified for 2nd Grade. Actually I'm not sure we do either? :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As good as Epping, Savers, and Merrylands are, I cant see them beating Sydney Harbour; Sydney Harbour to win the comp undefeated...

It would be quite the effort. I think the potential is there for any of them, but Harbour are a classy outfit.

qwerty123

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 2 the run home

Different grade, same result. Must win clash for UNSW over Hills. No one stacks lower grades better than the mighty UNSW so can see them sneaking in to semi’s and then winning from 4th.

This Breakers/Lindfield fixture all day will be top quality and crucial for the overall make up of who gets major or minor semi’s. The crowd will be enormous! UNSW vs Hills will also be a monumental clash with every grade crucial to the make up fo the semis.
I would have thought it is hard for UNSW to stack, with both their 1s and 2s in seemingly good positions with two games to go.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
What a cracker of a night out at Boronia last night. Huge credit to both clubs for the turnout on a Cold wet night. Not sure too many other clubs would have 3 grades and colts as well as supporters during the week.

A good contest across all the grades as well. 1's was a class game with alot of energy for guys who had work during the day and would be backing up on the worksite this morning as well. The greasy conditions caused a bit of dropped ball but also due to some solid contact from both sides. Definitely a finals match come early.
Who said we couldnt beat Mosman again?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Round 14 for Div 4 this weekend - there are some games that mean a lot, and some that mean not much.

Merrylands v Epping - could decide some placings, and also maybe Epping can jump to 2nd spot on the ladder if other results go their way.
Mac Uni v Chatswood - nothing but pride riding on this one. Mac Uni are into finals, Chatswood are out. Both sides will be stacking up 2nd Grade to try and get that 6th spot in Grose Cup
Redfield v HAC - steady as she goes for Redfield, as they look toward finals.
Canterbury v Harbour - can't see anything but a big Harbour win. Good to see Berries back last week and hopefully they can finish the season well.
Raptors v Saints - a few of Saints 2s have already hung up the boots for the year, so it'll be lean numbers for both clubs in the west.
Renegades v Savers - fuck it: gotta back the boys. After last week's Disaster At Sommerville, time to restore some pride on Old Boys Day. How the fuck we can have 21 last week and 41 this week I'll never understand.

Grose Cup - got the top 5 sorted, while there are still 4 clubs with the potential to take 6th spot:
Chatswood 25pts (4 wins, -120fa)
HAC 25pts (4 wins, -133fa)
Mac Uni 24pts (5 wins, -85fa)
Renegades 23pts (3 wins, -123fa)

Chatswood beat Mac Uni with a bonus point and they're in
Mac Uni beat Chatswood with a bonus point AND Redfield beat HAC, or HAC win without a BP, they're in
HAC beat Redfield with a bonus point and have Mac Uni beat Chatswood without a bonus point (or draw), they're in
Renegades beat Savers with a bonus point, and HAC lose to Redfield, AND Chatswood and Mac Uni play out a low scoring draw, we're in ;)

Remembering it is competition points, then most wins, then fewest losses, then for/against, then most "for" ...

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any news out of Knox regarding the forfeits of 2's, 3's and 4's this week?

Are they destined for Div 5 next year if they can only field One grade? Subbies needs to step in and take some action here.

Also noted Barker looking for a 2nd grade game? Maybe they should ask UNSW if they want to have their game back from a few weeks ago. Is it just bad timing or convenience they were down to play a team below them on the ladder instead of 2nd place UNSW?

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 2 Round 13

Some big clashes and some shit clashes this week in the run into finals. Lets get into it.

Sydney Harlequins vs Briars - Game only means something to the Quins as they’ll be hoping to keep a faint hope of making the top 6 alive with a win here. Barring an all time bedshit from Old Barker, their season is done. Last chance for Briars to snag a win this year, they have a lot of heart and will get up in a close one. Briars by 1

Beecroft vs Old Ignatians - Both teams playing for pride at this point of the year with Beecroft in the better form as of late. Crofties to avenge their round 2 choke against the Redmen. Beecroft by 30

Lindfield vs Newport - Bigggggg day inbound. It’ll be rocking down at Soldiers with big clashes across the grades especially in colts. Newport will be too good on enemy territory for the main event but who gives a fuck. I want to see that huge boat race.

Old Barker vs Blacktown - With the greatest respect, not a lot going on here. Old Barker squash the Quins hopes convincingly.

UNSW vs Hills - Expect to see a lot of crashing and bashing throughout all grades here. UNSW to remind Hills their a tier below the top dogs this year. UNSW by 14

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lindfield vs Newport - Bigggggg day inbound. It’ll be rocking down at Soldiers with big clashes across the grades especially in colts. Newport will be too good on enemy territory for the main event but who gives a fuck. I want to see that huge boat race.

Jeez that would be a good day to attend. Hope the weather gods are kind and the NSWRugby.tv coverage is good.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Any news out of Knox regarding the forfeits of 2's, 3's and 4's this week?

Are they destined for Div 5 next year if they can only field One grade? Subbies needs to step in and take some action here.

Also noted Barker looking for a 2nd grade game? Maybe they should ask UNSW if they want to have their game back from a few weeks ago. Is it just bad timing or convenience they were down to play a team below them on the ladder instead of 2nd place UNSW?
Regarding Barker I am honestly not sure. Looking at our team sheets we are missing a lot of players from the start of the year. I would say with Europe being full of Aussies right now and Ski Fields pumping i am sure rugby isnt a priority right now. Don't really blame them after the last 2 years. Ladies day this week might have helped get a few more numbers back

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Back to the important Division
Kentwell

Forest - Knox. Do Knox have 15 first graders playing - or just 15 across the club. A few boys have been suspended until 2023. So likely that Forest do a number on them here - 30+?

HH - St Pats - What a cracker of a game. The boys have to back up on 4 days for this and St Pats will be up for this one with their end of season revival. They seem to only have a rolling maul. Feel sorry for their backline who touch the ball 2-3 times per game only. St Pats to lose this one late - HH by 2

Petersham - Colleagues. This will be a Non contest - Petersham wont stick with Colleagues. 15+

Blue Mountains
- Drummoyne - Hard one to read. Blueys beat them mid year. Will Drummoyne get up to Lapstone for this. Is there a Bus trip. Are the WAGS invited? Too many questions, Blueys by 5

Mosman - Waverley - Mosman were good mid week, but 3 games in 8 days will take its toll. Waverley will be too big and too strong. 10+