• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs vs Brumbies. Give us a hand mate? 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I think the Brumbies have earned the right to rest their best squad this weekend ;)

Unfortunately this will probably be the Brumbies best performance of the year. It ain't super rugby if an Aussie team doesn't miss an open goal

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
It'd ruin the integrity of the competition for any outcome but C. I can't understand any of the debate about Giteau. He made the hard decision, but the right decision. Maybe you could be pissed off that he seemed to enjoy making that hard decision, but those kind of rivalries are good for the game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
BJ is right. With the history between these two teams, it will be C. Don't forget that there are some blokes playing for test jumpers and potentially their careers too (with a new coach next year at the Brums).

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Care to elaborate or are you having a bad day?

Pretty hungover, glad to see you noticed. :D

Was referring to when the Bulls decided to rest players in round 14 last year against the stormers. Stormers beat the bulls comprehensively and secured the home semi final. Had conspiracy wiped all over it.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Pretty hungover, glad to see you noticed. :D

Was referring to when the Bulls decided to rest players in round 14 last year against the stormers. Stormers beat the bulls comprehensively and secured the home semi final. Had conspiracy wiped all over it.

I bet you any Aus team would have done the same. The Bulls had a number of players who were hobbling around on one leg (I remember both Matfield and Bakkies were playing through injury for a few games already, Steenkamp was playing with a cracked wrist (which he then went ahead and broke properly in the final) and by this time Fourie du Preez had already been told he needs shoulder surgery and stop playing).

Resting those players was completely reasonable and would have been done regardless of who they played that week. You earn that sort of position.

Trust me. You have no concept of the hate between the Bulls and Stormers but the resting had to be done regardless at the time.

Zinzan

Herbert Moran (7)
Brums by 12+

I said the same(Brums v Reds), I didnt get the margin bet right but had Chapman dived properly I would've been laughing all the way to the bank as it was paying $26. Still got the head to head bet though.

Brums will have extra motivation.........win and tahs miss finals.....no brainer its a win win situation.

GO THE BRUMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was interesting the Hickey commented that the Tahs won't be chasing a bonus point this weekend. Why not when it could mean the difference between finishing 4th or 6th?

If he said that he is a fool. If the Waratahs lose they are still a good chance to make the Finals if they secure two bonus points. The only time our team has played well is when they have chanced their arm and played adventurously, as in the first two games and the most recent one. Perhaps they forgot to stick to the game plan against the Highlanders.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
i was against gits decision to kick the goal because i felt with the game already won it was a spiteful decision made not to benefit the brumbies but to hurt the reds. this is no way to suggest the brumbies should have done them anyone any favours up until the result is decided.
i would expect the brumbies to play to the best of their abilities till the result is decided. but if the same situation was to occour and git taking a penalty would decide if the tahs got a bonus point that would take em through to the finals> fuck what the saffas and kiwis think of us (schoolboys?) we need to win this comp for the first time in a decade> and if this gives us another chance at the title, we need to take it

Complete and utter rubbish.

Look at the PD between the Brumbies and the Force.

The Brumbies can possibly finish 3rd on the Australian conference ladder with a win this weekend, and considering the season they've had that would be a pretty good result.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
Complete and utter rubbish.

Look at the PD between the Brumbies and the Force.

The Brumbies can possibly finish 3rd on the Australian conference ladder with a win this weekend, and considering the season they've had that would be a pretty good result.

mate noone remembers who comes second- let alone 3rd 4th or 5th
moreover noone cares
the brumbies have noone but themselves to blame for the season they have had

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
mate noone remembers who comes second- let alone 3rd 4th or 5th
moreover noone cares
the brumbies have noone but themselves to blame for the season they have had

What does that have to do with anything?

The fact is the Brumbies played for maximum points .

The Reds have no one but themselves to blame for not getting a bonus point.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
After all the gnashing of teeth and crying following Giteau's "Fuck off I Captain this vessel" episode against the Reds, should the Brumbies

a. Be a mate and hand over the points? i.e. Forfeit
b. Participate as a token gesture but play like they did in the first 12 rounds, shake hands and leave for Toulon, Canberra and other exotic destinations.
c. Turn up angry and give it horn, tooth and claw.

Doesn't matter whether you are inside the Matt Burke sphere of rugby knowledge or live out in the cold like most of us. Your view is valued among the mortals.

For those who whined after Fuckoffgate, is there a difference here? Brums have nothing to gain but pride and all that.

Discuss.

If you can point out where anyone said that the brumbies should have not tried to win the game vs the reds I would much appreciate it, because I don't recall seeing that anywhere?

Brumbies should concentrate on themselves and do what is best for them and that is win the game. How do you ensure you win them game when you are leading after the siren and have a penalty?

Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.