• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tapuai to Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
A couple of years ago in August I was in Adelaide and saw a game of footy alongside the road which was well attended.
From a distance I though it was one of the other codes, and was quite surprised as we drove past to see it was Rugby.
It would be good for the game to support South Australia more, and get it out of the evil clutches of the AFL.
OMG, what have I said , there'll be a thousand Victorians knocking my door down. It's a good thing that emu's can run fast.

I fully agree and in fact there is (or at least was) links on the SA rugby website to Rebels info, which would have me believe they are loosely affiliated.

I would love to see maybe a preseason game and a regular season game taken to Adelaide, maybe the SA government would throw some coin at it.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I fully agree and in fact there is (or at least was) links on the SA rugby website to Rebels info, which would have me believe they are loosely affiliated.

I would love to see maybe a preseason game and a regular season game taken to Adelaide, maybe the SA government would throw some coin at it.
No home games. It's bad enough we only get 8.

Preseason games are fine, as the public here only seem to care when points are at stake.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
It would seem to me that the Rebels still have enormous room for growth within Melbourne that it would be ludicrous to take games elsewhere..
Their preseason fixtures in 2011 were great: Olympic Park, Morwell, Ballarat then AAMI Park.

2012: Geelong, AAMI Park, AAMI Park

Crowds were poor in 2012, probably because the new team factor wore off & some fans only care about points.

Discussions with the club earlier in the year, indicated that they would not do that again. One of the games is in Singapore next year vs the Saders. I'd hope the other 2 are in regional Victoria. Bendigo would be a good idea, considering they won the Conversions for Clubs program. Train Trip on a Saturday, beers in the Sun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.