• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Australian Points out what we already knew; Giteau is close to signing in france

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
No no, liqour box is right. We should introduce a completely spurious additional contract in order to potentially remove some of our best players from contention for the World Cup. Marvellous.
Imagine you worked at an office where lets say you had 5 gropups of lets say 30 people. you are commited to your job and love it and I tell everyone that I am going to quit the job as I have taken another job elsewhere but I still want to be treated the same as everyone else.

The boss decides to offer 15 people an opportunity to do something awesome that they will be proud of and represent the company and in the process earn a lot more money than any on the other workers will ever dream of.

I get the job and you miss out- how do you feel? A couple of days after this set back you get offered a job at a rival firm where you get offered the chance to travel the world doing something you love and you will get paid more.

How loyal do you feel now?

I realise people wont agree with me but it is simply the way I feel, loyalty is important and should be rewarded

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Deans decides to offer 22 people an opportunity to do something awesome that they will be proud of and represent Oz and in the process earn a lot more money than any on the other players currently earn but have the potential to in the future.

Gits gets the job and To'omua misses out- how does To'omua feel? He would rightly realise Gits is more suited for the WC and is inspired to work harder for the 2015 WC. A couple of days after this set back To'omua gets offered a contract at Stade. My bet is he wouldn't take it.

I realise people wont agree with me but it is simply the way I feel, loyalty is important and should be rewarded

Fixed

In a perfect world, blah blah blah.... But a perfect world it aint. Winning the $$$ comes into play far too often. IMO, true loyalty would be represented by a player like Phil Waugh who plays for the same provincial side for his whole career as compared to someone like Barnes or Shmoo.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Imagine you worked at an office where lets say you had 5 gropups of lets say 30 people. you are commited to your job and love it and I tell everyone that I am going to quit the job as I have taken another job elsewhere but I still want to be treated the same as everyone else.

The boss decides to offer 15 people an opportunity to do something awesome that they will be proud of and represent the company and in the process earn a lot more money than any on the other workers will ever dream of.

I get the job and you miss out- how do you feel? A couple of days after this set back you get offered a job at a rival firm where you get offered the chance to travel the world doing something you love and you will get paid more.

How loyal do you feel now?

That's a bogus comparison...

These players are contracted to their Super unions and the ARU until at least the conclusion of the Rugby World Cup...

So it's more like... you work in an office and you're already contracted to do a special job but because you plan on leaving when the contract finishes your incompetent boss tells you to fuck off and gets someone less competent to do the job... even though you're already getting paid for it...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the unions get involved and there's a whole legal mess that probably entails because the boss is discriminating against certain people...

Or something...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Actually, this is more apt -

The important project is such a failure because the boss chose not to use the right people for the job and the company is in shambles...

In fact, I don't think Robbie Deans is staying on after the World Cup...

Therefore he shouldn't coach the Wallabies either...

Instead we'll field most of the U20's team and install a new coach for the World Cup...

Done.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm with Gnostic on this one. Gits hasn't measured up at 10 at test level, even though I think he played very well there for the Force. There have been whispers (seemingly now confirmed) that he would look elsewhere for some time now. His form had dropped off enough even at 12 to make it fairly clear that he's not in our best XV on game day. With that said, I still feel he's in our best match day 22 and thus should at the very least be on the bench.

I'll accept any and all arguments that he's been mucked around by coaches with respect to his position and in hindsight (that wonderful thing) should have stayed at 12. I think we all have a strong suspicion that he and Deans don't get along, though this is not actually proven. I don't begrudge him wanting to play in France, not one bit. I just regret that in the last two years we haven't seen anywhere near the best of him, especially with the boot. I don't like to point the finger, but his poor kicking cost the Wallabies a couple of very close test matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.