• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Cordingley Spite Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Apologies, I guess I was being a bit flippant/sarcastic above.

Cutter's right that wanging on about refs get's tedious pretty quickly. Like now.
Unfortunately for me Kaplan is an exception in this regard for reasons previously wanged on about.

Having said all that, wasn't the internet built for wanging?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Gagger said:

That's what I've been trying to get across to the precious mods. Its all just a bit of a laugh. We're not all like Lee Grant...waking up in the middle of the night screaming 'get 'em onside ref !!'.

M

Mainlander

naza said:
Gagger said:

That's what I've been trying to get across to the precious mods. Its all just a bit of a laugh. We're not all like Lee Grant...waking up in the middle of the night screaming 'get 'em onside ref !!'.

No never woken up screaming that but can remember waking up screaming "It's a forward pass ref." :angryfire:

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Mainlander said:
naza said:
Gagger said:

No never woken up screaming that but can remember waking up screaming "It's a forward pass ref." :angryfire:

And then your wife beat the shit out of you...

M

Mainlander

naza said:
Mainlander said:
naza said:
Gagger said:

And then your wife beat the shit out of you...

No she's only ever done that when SHE had a dream about of me screwing some other bird. I was asleep until the blow landed and after hearing why I'd been belted the comment "Was I enjoying it" got me another one.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Gagger said:

Cutter's right that wanging on about refs get's tedious pretty quickly. Like now.
Unfortunately for me Kaplan is an exception in this regard for reasons previously wanged on about.

Wanging is one use of the internet but it has others.

I reckon it makes us look like sore losers to carry on about the ref too much. I got sick of hearing about Wayne Barnes on TSF and I'm sick of hearing about Kaplan here.

Its rare that a ref does actually ensure that the better team loses. When two teams are very close, he may influence the game, but the ABs took their chances better and we made some soft defensive errors. Kaplan didnt miss the tackles or create the overlap.

Maybe we should have a ref thread and then I can choose not to read it? By the way, I'm not a ref.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Cutter said:
Gagger said:

I reckon it makes us look like sore losers to carry on about the ref too much. I got sick of hearing about Wayne Barnes on TSF and I'm sick of hearing about Kaplan here.

We get consistently shafted by refs against the All Blacks though. It IS a problem.

It was a 4 point margin. I reckon it cost us the game, the Bledisloe and the Tri-Nations. No you're right...what am I complaining about ? ::)

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
naza said:
Cutter said:
Gagger said:

We get consistently shafted by refs against the All Blacks though. It IS a problem.

It was a 4 point margin. I reckon it cost us the game, the Bledisloe and the Tri-Nations. No you're right...what am I complaining about ? ::)

Actually, you are right. We should have won the Auckland game too. If not for the refs we would have held the Bled for the last 70 years non stop and no one else would have won a 3N or a world cup.

I'm guessing refs also consistently shaft Easts against Uni and Randwick as well? Against Penrith and Souths though, the ref is great.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
naza said:
Gagger said:
That's what I've been trying to get across to the precious mods. It's all just a bit of a laugh. We're not all like Lee Grant...waking up in the middle of the night screaming 'get 'em onside ref!'.

Lee never wakes up in the middle of the night screaming about anything, the montage of medication he takes ensures a good night's sleep. Although he did tell me recently the blue pills he takes have caused the occasional embarrassing groin enlargement.

I'll get matron to look at it. ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.