• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Haka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeno

Best haka ever. No, really.

[video=youtube;hd68leOH1C4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd68leOH1C4[/video]

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can I have some of what you're on Zeno? I wasn't convinced until the molotov cocktail.

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
Will the Wallabies change the way they face the Haka under Link? I don't think there is a lot more for a team to do than to treat it with respect and accept the challenge. This is what the French did... and won!

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes that's right. The key to beating the All Blacks is to 'win the haka'. Totally psyches them out.

The other key is to never refer to them as the All Blacks in press conferences. Call them New Zealand instead. That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great idea Munster - We should get QC (Quade Cooper) & Lili and any other Aussies of kiwi decent to give it back.... mess with their small minds.... love it!

Im telling you the way to beat them is through unpredictability.... they cant handle it... Link knows this - just comes down to execution.......

Go Wobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will the Wallabies change the way they face the Haka under Link? I don't think there is a lot more for a team to do than to treat it with respect and accept the challenge. This is what the French did. and won!

Gotta love the caveman............... Now that's a hometown advantage....!

Can the aussies PLEASE do something to let the kiwis KNOW that they are in Australia.... as the crowd sadly will be probably 50% kiwis..................

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I read somewhere that the best way to counter the haka is to watch is respectfully and at its end, have each player pick a handful of grass and throw it into the wind.

Sort of absorbs all of that energy then dismisses it in their face.

Gets me fired up just thinking about it!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
By far the best method, is that used by McQueen.
Face up to it,respect it,and when it's over jog off and get take off your tracksuits and get ready in your own time.
Have a pause between their big gee up and kicking off.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
^Yeah the Aussies decided once to do their warm up while the AB were doing the Haka. They got smashed by 40 something to 6 lol

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I saw a doco on National Geographic that talked about similarities between gorillas and humans.... interesting thing was before they did a bungee jump the sample that imitated gorillas (ie lots of yelling and flailing arms around) actually jumped off the platform a lot quicker than the meek and mild sample.... point is whether it gets the blood pumping or adrenals going it HAD a physical effect.... so how aussies counter - do some yelling and flailing arms as well OR just turn off the on-ground mics and walk away......

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
By far the best method, is that used by McQueen.
Face up to it,respect it,and when it's over jog off and get take off your tracksuits and get ready in your own time.
Have a pause between their big gee up and kicking off.

That's the way to go.

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes that's right. The key to beating the All Blacks is to 'win the haka'. Totally psyches them out.

The other key is to never refer to them as the All Blacks in press conferences. Call them New Zealand instead. That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

haha. Fair call. It's NOT the key to beating the All Blacks! haha. But it could help!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Or this one from Munster - who were up 14-10 at one stage:

I have heard of the Irish crowds going silent, particularly for opposition kicks at goal etc. but can't say I have ever really noticed it though. The silence in this video when the AB's do their haka is deafening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.