• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The League Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Well that had to be expected, it had been a fairly quiet off-season for the NRL up till now.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You've gotta wonder about the smarts of all those involved in these incidents. Why, oh why, would someone record another fornicating with a dog/bubbling/acting like a complete goose? And then post it on some social media site "for a laugh". It beggars belief.

T

TOCC

Was the person who recorded the event a friend or just happened to be there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
From what I have gathered it was just a random persons house and they saw the opportunity as he was wasted and acting like a tosser, hence asking his name. The bloke then sold the video to channel nine..
As long as he is out of the NSW origin team I will be happy.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
No time for Mitchell's actions and antics. I'll be harsh bastard about this, but he should be thinking about getting his English visa organised and pissing off for a few years.

Still, the only way it will stick is through due process, so that could take some time. Don't wan another Carney/Sharks episode again.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
good on her for standing her ground. took balls, who knows how drunken idiots might react.

shit taste in 'music' all round tho.

ahh, the first signs that footy season is near!

bring on the rugby i say

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I believe the person who filmed it was one of the women in the apartment.

They apparently sold the video to Channel 9 for $20k and the Daily Telegraph for $40k.

Jeez Pearce is a disgrace. There's drunk and then there's rugby league drunk.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Almost spat my coffee across the computer screen when I saw the ad that came up on the right hand side.

"Jack may not look as cute as his four legged friend..."

Attachments

• topical advertising.jpg
    topical advertising.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 228

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Someone I know online posted this today. Not sure what it adds to the conversation, but I thought it was funny:

My daughter will be instilled with enough values never to allow mungos anywhere near her or her home. They are putrid animals who act like morons because they play a bastard game and at the core of their being know that they are inferior dog fucking degenerates.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I believe the person who filmed it was one of the women in the apartment.

They apparently sold the video to Channel 9 for $20k and the Daily Telegraph for $40k.

Just a correction but the most recent story I've read suggests it was an unnamed man who filmed the incident. Presumably he wasn't with Pearce and the other loig players and hangers on in the apartment.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It goes without saying that the guy has a serious alcohol problem. For his own good the club should sack him or the NRL should deregister his contract. You have to wonder what guys like him will be like when they finish playing. He's been fawned over by coaches, administrators and the press since he was about 15 and this is the result.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
She's done well for herself there. I'd do exactly the same if I didn't know him. Could do a lot of things with a cool 60 grand...
Really? Yes, he's been a serious idiot in the video but I couldn't do that to someone - Publicly embarrass them and damage their career.
I know, I'll collect my medal on Saturday.
It appears they've intentionally filmed this to use it in this manner. Just my opinion but I think they're scum and karma is going to pay them visit.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It's a tough one, and I can see both sides of the argument.

But if I'm sitting at my mates house with friends and Mitch Pearce (who I've never met before) comes lumbering into the room, drunk and shirtless, forcing himself on women and canines, then I think I would be tempted to reach for my phone.

He's ruined my house party after all, and has pissed everyone off.

Now if someone offered me 60 grand for said video, I'd take the money and run. But would I voluntarily shop it around to media outlets? Probably not, actually. With 60 grand on the line, though, can understand if you did.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tempted? Barbarian, as soon as I recognised a league stumbling player pissed in my house, I'd make sure I was holding the GoPro, and make suggestions!

Not bad moolah for a bit of fart-arsing around on camera. Better than Funniest Home Videos, that's for sure.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The sad part is that I wouldn't recognise Pearce to begin with. I guess that comes with watching a maximum of three games of mungo each year. As it is, this episode makes everyone involved look like a gronk - Pearce, the photographer, Channel Nine, and the Terrorgraph.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Barbarian, In the end I don't think you would do it :)
Pfitzy, you would. You 'd buy another Tesla with it.

Anyway, what this discussion has made me realise is that there is no fricken way I'm attending the G&GR Xmas drinks with you and you camera happy lot ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is nothing to fear from the cameras if there is no underlying culture of tolerance of dickheadedness.

I have been in many situations where some present have been quite intoxicated, but can't recall anyone present trying to shag a dog, simulated or otherwise. Urine was generally directed towards a suitable receptacle and solid waste ended up in a dunnie, not a team mates shoe or hotel corridor. It beggars belief how the mungos struggle with controlling basic body functions and decency.

Where was his wingman?

Status
Not open for further replies.