• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thommo's match report for the Two Blues v Randwick match is now up on the Parramatta club website

I didn't detect tears but the disappointment is palpable. I will buy him a beer at Parramatta Pacific Day next week to console him. Not that I am promoting alcohol as a crutch.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Former All Black and Waratah Sosene Anesi has been listed in 3rd grade for the past two weeks.

Is he coming back from injury or just interested in playing in the dirty thirds and no more?

Sos is on his way back from a disrupted pre-season. He has had to deal with a family tragedy and an injury but his contributions to the Mighty Two Blues are exemplary, as they have been since the day he joined us. He is an outstanding club man. I understand Thommo will be publishing one of his "60 seconds with Thommo" later today and that Sos has agreed to be the subject. (No, I am not Thommo!)

Z

Zeno

Agree ,The Parra pack pushed the Wick forwards all over the park ,The Parra scrums were a joy to watch

I remember one scrum in the first half when the Randwick scrum was pushed and wheeled so hard that the entire front row popped up. A moment later the Parra openside Ma'a detached from the crumbling scrum and stood up right in front of the Wicks' halfback. And the referee penalised him for offside! He only ended up there because the Randwick scrum had failed to hold.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sos is on his way back from a disrupted pre-season. He has had to deal with a family tragedy and an injury but his contributions to the Mighty Two Blues are exemplary, as they have been since the day he joined us. He is an outstanding club man. I understand Thommo will be publishing one of his "60 seconds with Thommo" later today and that Sos has agreed to be the subject. (No, I am not Thommo!)
And I reply to my own post yet again! Hmmm I wonder if people think I am talking to myself.

Anyway, Thommo's "60 seconds with Thommo" profile of Sos Anesi went up this afternoon, on that marvellous timesink, the Parramatta Two Blues website, minutes of entertainment for the whole family.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Gunner,

Don't change at Parramatta - change at Granville, Merrylands is one stop to the south-west of Granville.

If you get off at Parramatta, you'll either have to backtrack to Granville and then change for Merrylands, or get a bus from Parramatta. Changing at Granville will be quicker.

Pacific Day was fantastic last year and I'm told this year will be even better. The talented performers will entertain us all before and after each game and also at half time. You'll get an idea of what to expect by taking a look at http://twobluesrugby.com.au/article.php/2013040621203394.

Thanks for all your help guys, will be there on Saturday. Hopefully as good a game as Saturday but a better result!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
An added bonus for those attending Merrylands RSL Rugby Park on Saturday - not only will you see four matches of Rugby wherein the men of the Mighty Two Blues do battle with the Manly Marlins, and be entertained by marvellous local talent during the performances of Parramatta Pacific Day but you will also have the opportunity to see two of Sydney's best Womens Rugby teams as Parramatta and Sydney University start their campaigns for the Sydney Womens Rugby championship (on Granville Park No 2). I've seen these two teams play before and I can guarantee a quality match. The Parra Womens team has been performing particularly well during the Womens Sevens circuit in the lead up to the start of the main season. They play good Rugby with smiles on their faces - who can ask for more?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks for the update on Sos Anesi. Good luck to him dealing with the injuries and other things going on.

When are we likely to see him running aroung in the 3 pm game?

He would be awesome operating on the wing in tandem with Dan Rawaqa.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks for the update on Sos Anesi. Good luck to him dealing with the injuries and other things going on.

When are we likely to see him running aroung in the 3 pm game?

He would be awesome operating on the wing in tandem with Dan Rawaqa.

Well I doubt that Coach Christini would be seeking my opinion but we are quite well off for wingers at the moment - Sos, Dan Yakopo, Tui Fa'asisila, Moses Tavola, Apaolo Tea Lama and Lani Tiatia have all had first grade experience and the choice of who plays first grade each week is a nice problem to have. I think that when everyone is fit our backline will be red-hot.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With such riches in the backline, it is little wonder that Issie Folou signed up elsewhere <tongue in cheek>:)

On the rare occasion he would have been available to rock the Mighty Two Blues world, he may have been picking pine splinters out of his backside from all his time on the bench.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
With such riches in the backline, it is little wonder that Issie Folou signed up elsewhere <tongue in cheek>:)

On the rare occasion he would have been available to rock the Mighty Two Blues world, he may have been picking pine splinters out of his backside from all his time on the bench.

Has the wooden seating at Death Valley been upgraded?
I don't remember seeing any pine there.
I'll be very disappointed if they've replaced the old telephone poles? ;)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Has the wooden seating at Death Valley been upgraded?
I don't remember seeing any pine there.
I'll be very disappointed if they've replaced the old telephone poles? ;)
Coach, rest assured the poles are here. We are very conscious of our heritage obligations :) Personally, I have always preferred the poles.
HJ, if Israel should somehow accidentally be released to us, I am sure that the many backsides that have graced the telephone poles before his have smoothed them sufficiently for Issy to be comfortable. I myself have spent many, many hours sitting there enjoying wonderful Two Blues rugby. I can't wait for Pacific Day for the poles will provide prime position for the entertainment.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Sorry, didn't intend to give an uppercut, just pointing out where you can get all the latest info about the Mighty Two Blues

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Coach, rest assured the poles are here. We are very conscious of our heritage obligations :) Personally, I have always preferred the poles.
HJ, if Israel should somehow accidentally be released to us, I am sure that the many backsides that have graced the telephone poles before his have smoothed them sufficiently for Issy to be comfortable. I myself have spent many, many hours sitting there enjoying wonderful Two Blues rugby. I can't wait for Pacific Day for the poles will provide prime position for the entertainment.

Me too, and I've NEVER got a splinter !!!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
awww c'mon, look at it as an adventure in Merrylands, the game will finish about the time the drive bys start. Great fun.
When you guys come our way we ensure the sun shines.
And you return the favour 18 knot southerly and rain.
A pitty, great events like the Pacific Island Day should never be ruined by the weather, clubs need these days to run perfectly - lets hope the forecast is wrong. Still dont know what time the other grades are kicking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.