• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Couldnt let yesterdays momentous results for Parra go without comment.
Congratulations to all involved at the Two Blues for your first win in nearly two years . Equally congrats on winning firsts and seconds. God when was the last time that happened. This is only one game of Rugby I know but when you consider that this time last year Manly beat Parra by 111 and Warringah beat them by 90 the turn around on the field is magnificent. Off the field this has been coming for some time.
Huge vote of thanks to the great young players of Parra that have stayed loyal especially our outstanding captain Andrew Cox whos great leadership is almost matched by our outstanding 2nds captain Nick Boland. But overall well done to all the players. You are a group of quality young men.
Coach Cristini took a huge risk in coming to Parra when other more high profile clubs were chasing him. He has brought self belief to the whole club.
GM Michael Bell is a passionate committed Two Blues man and has had the major role in turning the clubs fortunes around.
Kick on from here Parra . Turn one win into multiples quickly. Believe in yourselves and continue to make your supporters and volunteers proud

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Congratulations to the Two Blues. It's inspiring to see a team rebuild and re-energise itself.

It'd be great to have gain some insight into the mechanisms put in place to reinvigorate the club - quite a few clubs including my own may learn a thing or two from this.

Best wishes for the rest of the season, hope to see Rugby in Sydney and in general benefit as a result.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's fantastic news after a long time in the doldrums. Let's hope they kick on a bit from here. I guess TPN has to cut his hair now, right? :D

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It is irrelevant who they beat lily, the fact that they are winning is a huge feat in itself considering how bad things were last year.

Congratulations to all the guys at the Two Blues, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Congrats to the Two Blues ! Shame it had to happen at the expense of the Rats.... Maybe Cipriani can turn it all around... Ah, maybe not...

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Before we all get carried away remember who they beat.

I totally agree... Obviously each competition has weak teams and strong teams but Parra need to get to the point of being able to challenge for mid table positions. Because Penrith and Parra have been sharing the bottom two positions for a reasonable length of time now.

Encouraging first win but this is just where it starts.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Before we all get carried away remember who they beat.

Let them have their day in the sun. No-one other than Two Blues people can possibly fathom what they have gone through and what they are going through. 12 months ago, the bigger clubs and a certain NSWRU CEO wanted to kick them out of the comp............this includes Manly. They have lost quality players left right and centre to every other premiership club and 2010 was certainly the lowest ebb in their long history. Yes it's only 1 win. Yes there is a long way to go, but lily you yourself made the comment after Manly got out of jail against them that they played very well and will beat a number of teams. Love them or hate them, the game needs a strong Parra. And Penrith for that matter. If the west is lost to the invading AFL, it will never be back. And with 10% of Australia's population living in the western suburbs, rugby cannot afford to remain stagnant out there. I hope JON reads this and gets off his overpaid derriere and invests some decent capital to strengthen the game out west.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Let them have their day in the sun. No-one other than Two Blues people can possibly fathom what they have gone through and what they are going through. 12 months ago, the bigger clubs and a certain NSWRU CEO wanted to kick them out of the comp............this includes Manly. They have lost quality players left right and centre to every other premiership club and 2010 was certainly the lowest ebb in their long history. Yes it's only 1 win. Yes there is a long way to go, but lily you yourself made the comment after Manly got out of jail against them that they played very well and will beat a number of teams. Love them or hate them, the game needs a strong Parra. And Penrith for that matter. If the west is lost to the invading AFL, it will never be back. And with 10% of Australia's population living in the western suburbs, rugby cannot afford to remain stagnant out there. I hope JON reads this and gets off his overpaid derriere and invests some decent capital to strengthen the game out west.

Well said, Slash. Rugby in Parramatta and Penrith is very important to the game. With the issues that rugby league are having, now is the time for our great game to make its mark in Sydney's West.

I hope that the rumours are correct and the Melbourne Rebels do affiliate themselves with the Two Blues. This would be an excellent result for the region, as well as an obvious pathway for young players. I would like to congratulate people at Parramatta like Michael Bell, Steve Boland and Peter Thompson, whose off field work (whether in a voluntary or paid capacity) has been second to none.
Also to Tatafu Polota-Nau, who continues to be the poster boy for Parramatta rugby when it would have been easier for him to run to another club, with more money. Instead, he choose to help out, support and play for his local club - the club and system that developed and nurtured his rugby skills and obvious passion for the game.

While the Rats are not at the helm of the Shute Shield, we should recognise that they still have quality players like Josh Holmes and Hamish Angus. Success builds from success, and the confidence that the whole club will gain from the first and second grade wins over Warringah will do Parramatta no end of good.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Well said, Slash. Rugby in Parramatta and Penrith is very important to the game. With the issues that rugby league are having, now is the time for our great game to make its mark in Sydney's West.

I hope that the rumours are correct and the Melbourne Rebels do affiliate themselves with the Two Blues. This would be an excellent result for the region, as well as an obvious pathway for young players. I would like to congratulate people at Parramatta like Michael Bell, Steve Boland and Peter Thompson, whose off field work (whether in a voluntary or paid capacity) has been second to none.
Also to Tatafu Polota-Nau, who continues to be the poster boy for Parramatta rugby when it would have been easier for him to run to another club, with more money. Instead, he choose to help out, support and play for his local club - the club and system that developed and nurtured his rugby skills and obvious passion for the game.

While the Rats are not at the helm of the Shute Shield, we should recognise that they still have quality players like Josh Holmes and Hamish Angus. Success builds from success, and the confidence that the whole club will gain from the first and second grade wins over Warringah will do Parramatta no end of good.

And dont forget the players who stuck around in time of need. Whether 1st graders or 4th graders, they stayed true to their club. And they will be better for the experience of 2010 in the long run. Even the Crusaders finished last once.....................

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
No-one other than Two Blues people can possibly fathom what they have gone through and what they are going through.

Actually, I can relate. Coming from a club that was '08 grand finalists, to wooden spooners in '09 and continuing to struggle, I know just how this feels.

At any rate, it takes an immense amount of work on and off the field to turn things around. The dedication of players, staff and supporters cannot be underestimated. Again, congratulations to the Two Blues.

As some have mentioned, kudos to TPN - I admire guys that have gone on to representative honours coming back to their traditional clubs. Complete contrast to the multitude of players who haven't 'made it' changing clubs every other season.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
And now the Two Blues have a TV game against Gordon on the ABC this weekend. Well done to the ABC and Sydney Rugby Union for your vision and support.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Great news for the two blues getting their first win in ages, anyone got an update on Tatafro? Have the clippers come out??

If someone has the time and knowledge to write a few hundred words that covers the losing streak, recent run of close losses, and match report from Saturday that would be a superb blog article for us to run on the front page.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great news for the two blues getting their first win in ages, anyone got an update on Tatafro? Have the clippers come out??

If someone has the time and knowledge to write a few hundred words that covers the losing streak, recent run of close losses, and match report from Saturday that would be a superb blog article for us to run on the front page.

I am sure ParraGM can help out there.
Parra's website has a match report.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
They've got the final minutes of the victory as their highlight of the week. Ya gotta love that. Here's hoping they go well on telly this week..................a belting wont do them any good at all. And have a look at the Warringah 9 having a massive whinge to the ref after they concede a turnover.......wonder if he'll get in trouble from the refs department for that. He seems to give the ref a real spray!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have a pic of TPN's no-fro. But it will have to wit till tomorrow as my phone is off for the night. Also, isnt the rats scrummie Josh Holmes?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have a pic of TPN's no-fro. But it will have to wit till tomorrow as my phone is off for the night. Also, isnt the rats scrummie Josh Holmes?

or just look at this:

Attachments

• Tataf-row.jpg
    Tataf-row.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 566
C

CoachTB

I don't think they will get belted on TV this weekend. The assumption would be that they played out of their skin to get the win - having viewed their games against both Manly and Warringah I think their performance against the Rats was a little below par. I think they will have a crack this weekend against a well performing Gordon. Depends how they have approached this week - are they giving themselves high fives for a win or looking at their performance and making the little adjustments - time will tell.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I don't think they will get belted on TV this weekend. The assumption would be that they played out of their skin to get the win - having viewed their games against both Manly and Warringah I think their performance against the Rats was a little below par. I think they will have a crack this weekend against a well performing Gordon. Depends how they have approached this week - are they giving themselves high fives for a win or looking at their performance and making the little adjustments - time will tell.

There's been some comments made on other threads about the Parra v Gordon game on the wekend. And some of them by myself. Would just like to wish the Parra club all the best. It's clear they are improving and if they continue to hang in there and have a crack like they did last saturday, they will disrupt a number of sides........even if they continue to have disgraceful decisions go against them

Status
Not open for further replies.