• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Also, do we have an idea of what plans are after the RWC? Will the wallabies keep this current design (obviously without the RWC logo) or revert back to the jersey we had previously?
I would guess that if we win there will be a sudden change in design so that while you are on a high you will outlay even more money on a different design.

Personally I think designs should be the same for three year periods to make it look like we the supporter are not being taken for a ride.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
I would guess that if we win there will be a sudden change in design so that while you are on a high you will outlay even more money on a different design.

Personally I think designs should be the same for three year periods to make it look like we the supporter are not being taken for a ride.

You're probably right, at the end of the day that's why all these sponsors want the deal to make the jersey!

Every 3 years would be alright, mind you i'd be happy if we went back to the early/mid 90's jersey for a good while.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Regarding this matter, I bought a Wallaby jersey which was the last years model size XL, it fits nicely around the shoulders and arms, bit loose around the waist, but god damn the neck is killing me. Now I am heavily built, around 177cm/105kg but the XXL would propably be enough big for me to use as a parachute so the question is, are these jerseys all the same size around the neck?
I have no chance in trying one out in a store as there are no rugby shops around here, so need to order online

Are u a front rower, right?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I don't want to trivialise the importance of a national jersey, but I'd love them to run a 'heritage' type jersey series. One per year (or every few years) recognising some of the great jerseys from our past. Plain gold, the green sleeves with white hoops etc etc.

Or even better, just go plain, no nonsense gold.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Would love it, i guess only issue would be getting all the old suppliers (Canterbury, Reebok & Adidas) on board.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

A great idea but unfortunately will never happen. I just hope the jersey design is simplified next year and the yellow goes back to a more gold colour.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Regarding this matter, I bought a Wallaby jersey which was the last years model size XL, it fits nicely around the shoulders and arms, bit loose around the waist, but god damn the neck is killing me. Now I am heavily built, around 177cm/105kg but the XXL would propably be enough big for me to use as a parachute so the question is, are these jerseys all the same size around the neck?
I have no chance in trying one out in a store as there are no rugby shops around here, so need to order online

Well I got a xxl last year and it fits ok a bit loose around the waist and a touch long with shorts but otherwise ok
This years xl was ok but tight ish. So I would say xl is same as last year but the xxl was massive
For the record I am 185 cm and just over 105kgs...

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I had forgotten the striped socks that were around when i began following the wallabies - those old pics of Slack, Hawker, Moon, O'Connor, Ella - they still look to my ol' eyes as the 'real' Wallaby jerseys... i feel sorry for any Wallaby who's brief stint in the team may have co-incided only with those half-white disasters of several years ago...

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The new Australia Sevens jersey:
New_Australia_Sevens_Jersey_2016.jpg

Australia_Sevens_Rugby_Shirt_2016.jpg

Australia_Sevens_Alternate_Kit_2016.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I had forgotten the striped socks that were around when i began following the wallabies - those old pics of Slack, Hawker, Moon, O'Connor, Ella - they still look to my ol' eyes as the 'real' Wallaby jerseys. i feel sorry for any Wallaby who's brief stint in the team may have co-incided only with those half-white disasters of several years ago.

In the "olden days" striped socks were only worn by test players, non test players (the dirt trackers) only wore gold tops until they earned a test

T

TOCC

Interesting design, I think it looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Interesting design, I think it looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beauty in the eye of the beholder. I think the yellow one looks worse than last year's one and that's a huge achievement.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The blue one's wearable. As long as it eventually ends up online for $50 or less.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk