• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The reason JOC (James O'Connor) was absent from the RWC squad announcement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If there was a good reason for his absense the ARU would have known of it. James you are a dill and not for drinking might I add. You are announced to represent your country at your first world cup. This should be a huge and rare honour that has been bestowed upon you and should be a proud moment for any player. You not even showing up shows contempt. For crying out loud the Vietnam vets had to wait 45 years to be honoured for representing their country and at 20 years old you just piss on such a proud moment.

Shame on you James.

D

daz

If there was a good reason for his absense the ARU would have known of it. James you are a dill and not for drinking might I add. You are announced to represent your country at your first world cup. This should be a huge and rare honour that has been bestowed upon you and should be a proud moment for any player. You not even showing up shows contempt. For crying out loud the Vietnam vets had to wait 45 years to be honoured for representing their country and at 20 years old you just piss on such a proud moment.

Shame on you James.

Well said Ruggo and I absolutely agree with you.

James can repay his dismay and regret at letting himself, his team and his country down by keeping out of further trouble, going 100% at training and winning the next few games off his boot.

H

H...

This isn't terribly surprising.

This kid has had the next Horan/Larkham/Campo tag on him for years now, all because the rugby media gets excited when a young fella has a step, and the marketing managers get excited when he has frosted tips.

The rugby community as a whole has constantly orgasmed over how much of a superstar he is, yet is surprised when he takes things like RWC selection for granted (which is what he was doing by blowing off the ceremony).

I'm not terribly fussed that he missed a somewhat strange aircraft hangar based team function, but I think if we hadn't been shooting jizz all over him for 3 years it probably wouldn't have happened, and I'd rather players were honoured to be involved rather than merely expectant of it.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
We are ranked 2 in the world, and to be honest that's not too bad. If we make the final and put up a decent showing against the ABs I would be very satisfied. However, we then need to switch goals to trying to win each and every Tri-Quad Nations, and all the Bleds and then the Lions. No more fucking development!

I'm trying to decide where this lies on the "softening of line" to "full scale U-turn" scale

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Methinks JOC (James O'Connor) will most likely run out on Friday night with all the other "sinners", (sorry, Baa Baas), thus maintaining his match fitness!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
back on the Gold coast and his age, out on the piss....... punk should grow up a little. great player but don't like the bloke much, and has let the team down as well.... 20 other bloke that would kill to be in his boots and take on the responsibilities of a Wallaby.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm trying to decide where this lies on the "softening of line" to "full scale U-turn" scale

Nah, neither. I think Deans is a joke - I'm drawing a line in the sand where he has the opportunity of proving me wrong. Ask me if I think we'll make the final of the RWC.

P.S. I would tackle Rachel Scott, 21, too, whether she had the ball or not.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
P.S. I would tackle Rachel Scott, 21, too, whether she had the ball or not.

I cringed when I googled her and found and watched (albeit for a few secs) a Youtube vid of her being interviewed...she certainly leaves nothing to the imagination!

T

Tireless Backrower

I cringed when I googled her and found and watched (albeit for a few secs) a Youtube vid of her being interviewed...she certainly leaves nothing to the imagination!

Great upper leg development for a chick - she may need to do some bench presses

Having listened to her interviews i think she embodies the difference in attitude to rugby between NZ and us - there's no way she wouldn't have been at the Qantas launch...even if she doesn't have her own hangers

S

Skippy

From the front on shot however, it appears Rachel has suffered a nasty gash during the game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hung-over Beale was O'Connor's booze buddy
Danny Weidler
August 21, 2011

JAMES O'CONNOR was not the only Wallaby who had a big night out last week - players have confirmed that Kurtley Beale was definitely under the weather at the World Cup team announcement at Sydney Airport on Thursday.

O'Connor was too hung-over to front and Beale somehow managed to show his face but was worse for wear. However, there is another twist to this story that has not been made public: O'Connor was among several Wallabies told not to drink after an incident that was hushed up on the spring tour last year. The matter was dealt with by then skipper Rocky Elsom.

The book was thrown at Lote Tuqiri and to a lesser extent Matt Dunning when they went out drinking in recent years. Tuqiri had a curfew placed on him and was stood down for a Bledisloe Cup decider.

Unfortunately for O'Connor, this incident - combined with the spring tour drama and a seemingly harmless food fight - means he is on the edge. It will be interesting to see how ARU chief executive John O'Neill handles one of the game's golden boys - he had no trouble hammering Tuqiri.

Beale also hasn't got a spotless record. Most recently he got in trouble for urinating outside a Brisbane nightspot and he has had other off-field issues. Beale completed all his commitments at the ARU function on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...booze-buddy-20110820-1j3t9.html#ixzz1VcJxzhvQ

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Seeing Danny Weidler at the top of that article means I no longer give two flying fucks about what JOC (James O'Connor) or KB (Kurtley Beale) did. Fuck I hate him.

I thought it was interesting in the context that these two and Cipriani joins forces next season.

I wouldn't like to be the management of the Rebels next year, they could have a heavy work load and need to buy some serious fire fighting equipment

T

Tireless Backrower

I thought it was interesting in the context that these two and Cipriani joins forces next season.

I wouldn't like to be the management of the Rebels next year, they could have a heavy work load and need to buy some serious fire fighting equipment

Sponsorship opportunity for Berocca

Status
Not open for further replies.