• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The reason JOC (James O'Connor) was absent from the RWC squad announcement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

plus offer him to Qantas for a day of promotional work at their choice .

Maybe he can take over from John Travolta and issue the on-board safety video. Although, since the plane can't take-off without the safety demo being done, and with JOC (James O'Connor) now having history of tardiness, there might be a fleet of QANTAS planes on the tarmac....

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Maybe he can take over from John Travolta and issue the on-board safety video. Although, since the plane can't take-off without the safety demo being done, and with JOC (James O'Connor) now having history of tardiness, there might be a fleet of QANTAS planes on the tarmac....

What's new?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yes fp. Frankly, I'm even more angry today than on Friday last. The whole JO'C melodrama is a negative front and centre in all today's rugby media, and JOC (James O'Connor)'s action may well unsettle the whole team/selection/positional balance before and during a crucial Test with a 3N and potential pre-WC momentum shift at stake. Fucking disgraceful.

jeez you have changed your tune a bit RH, it's not like he was arrested and charged for a criminal offence like one of his teamates.
I recall in that instance your thoughts were that no one knew what actually happened, innocent before being proved guilty, only just a youngster who needed support, etc etc.
Sleeping in is poor form, but if you are advocating he misses games for this indiscretion,then the other bloke should never have been able to ever wear the jumper again.
They should slap him with a big fine and move on.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
jeez you have changed your tune a bit RH, it's not like he was arrested and charged for a criminal offence like one of his teamates.
I recall in that instance your thoughts were that no one knew what actually happened, innocent before being proved guilty, only just a youngster who needed support, etc etc.
Sleeping in is poor form, but if you are advocating he misses games for this indiscretion,then the other bloke should never have been able to ever wear the jumper again.
do we know he was sleeping? He may have still been drinking!

He has admitted drinking, but was he still drinking when he should have been at the function, or sleeping in?

K

Kenny Frikken Powers

A fine (which goes to Qantas’ charity, usually Unicef change for good) plus missing out on this bledisloe match plus offer him to Qantas for a day of promotional work at their choice after the RWC plus a suspended sentence of another 2 weeks if any similar incident occurs in the next two years.

Agree with all except Qantas won't want JOC (James O'Connor) for ANY promo work now.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Danny Weidler just had a live cross on the Sydney 6pm news bulletin on Nine - something about a fight involving O'Connor, Cooper and Beale. Anyone catch it all?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Danny Weidler! I bet he live crosses all over every mungo incident - imagined or actual.

V

vikingbrad

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/tri-nations/oconnor-dumped-from-wallabies-for-trinations-decider-20110822-1j6fq.html

"Wallaby winger James O’Connor will miss Saturday’s Tri Nations decider in Brisbane after being suspended and fined $10,000 by the ARU for failing to show up at the World Cup squad unveiling last Thursday."

The fine is suspended till Dec 31 2012. ie Good behaviour bond.

In other words as long as he doesn't misbehave again before then he won't be paying anything.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Not in the slightest have I 'changed my tune'. In mid-2010 I strongly defended QC (Quade Cooper) in that particular GAGR thread(s) from what then were (a) wholly unsubstantiated and vicious, libellous statements about him (some in that very thread that I actually worried would imperil GAGR legally) and his supposed indiscretions that solely derived from rumours and hearsay and that (b) were as proposed punishments way in excess of any game-dropping proposals, but often IIRC extended to dropping him from the Wallabies and the Reds altogether, finito QC (Quade Cooper), and versions on that theme. I certainly did not oppose the fine the ARU gave him and any punishments that they deemed fit (incl a match ban). I objected to allegations and gossip about the man's character and alleged behaviour that went way beyond such ARU punishment frameworks, when that alleged offence was neither admitted by QC (Quade Cooper) nor proven in court. I would do the same again. The QC (Quade Cooper) haters were on the march at that time, over that matter.

Re JOC (James O'Connor). It's an absolute fact that he did not attend that Qantas/ARU function. If he had an indisputably legitimate reason for omitting to turn up, it would surely have been transmitted to and by the ARU within 24 hrs of the omission. The best explanation that JO'C has now offered is 'mobile phone alarm failed'. The damages and insults to multiple others - including Deans btw who has assiduously promoted JO'C - are clear and done. JO'C has publicly acknowledged that himself. I strongly support the fine and one match ban that he has received (more important still will be a process inside the team support system to ensure he _genuinely_ takes responsibility for what has occurred and gets to the bottom of his reasons for doing it, so hopefully real change can take place in the way the handles himself).

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Danny Weidler just had a live cross on the Sydney 6pm news bulletin on Nine - something about a fight involving O'Connor, Cooper and Beale. Anyone catch it all?

They crossed to him with "Danny Weidler has some breaking news about James O'Connor." Than Weidler went on with this crap about O'Connor's Wallaby career now being in jeopardy after it was revealed he was in a fight with Kurtly Beale and Quade Cooper on last year's EOYT. Apparently the problem was that O'Connor was the "third man in" to the fight.

They were truing to make out it was a new issue that Weidler has uncovered.

I have always loathed watching Weidler. He thinks that he is the star of the story, not just a reporter.

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
shame to see JOC (James O'Connor) suspended for this weekends game, shame for the wallaby unit. that said if this doesnt get through to him that he needs to pull his head in his position as a wallaby needs to be reevaluated. can only hope this doesnt affect the result...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Shit 11 pages people. He stuffed up, the ' process' has been followed and the expected and just punishment administered. The offence is a let down for all but as I suggested earlier it really is a first offence, I still dont regard a food fight as anything more than childishness from children who probably still needed better supervision from their leaders.

Move on people, the 3N finishes this weekend and against my expectations the Wobs have a chance to win a major trophy for the first time under Deans.

Status
Not open for further replies.